Innovative Marine Aquariums

Halichoeres wrasse in 30 gallon?

jesseatam

Any opinions on this? The species I was thinking about are the yellow coris wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus) and the red-lined wrasse (Halichoeres biocellatus). Also hear that these are some of the more reef safe wrasse but anyone have any experience with these in regards to that?

When they're small the could but not long term. They get larger and need a lot of cruising room. They are reef safe in the aspect that they won't bother corals but inverts are all at risk with Halichoeres wrasses.

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, HiImSean said:

When they're small the could but not long term. They get larger and need a lot of cruising room. They are reef safe in the aspect that they won't bother corals but inverts are all at risk with Halichoeres wrasses.

What sort of tank dimensions do you think would be appropriate for these fish then?

I had a melanarus, about the same size as the two you said, in my 90g and it was an appropriate size. I'd really recommend a 48x18 75g or 90g tank. He was all over the water column though so of course the bigger the better.

• Thanks 1