Coral Vue Hydros

Barton's 20g *retired*

mbarton2010

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, TN09 said:

Yeah, I think Im going to make the trip after all. Hopefully there are still some corals left when I get there. Gorgeous zoas btw 

I was there before they opened. Got packed quick. Jamal is the owner and he is legit. They are/were serving Mediterranean food for lunch

@TN09 where in Houston do you live? Maybe one day we can trade some frags

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just fed and did a WC. Everything is going great. Still having diatom problems through but I’ve been using LFS water and just mixed my own. Took a couple pics 

F98DDC27-6AC9-4BD2-8EF9-F20C6ED22CC7.jpeg

2EC865A4-BDA9-4FE1-A59E-C3A6571438ED.jpeg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, silvertoe said:

Oh man so awesome. 

How are the Mandarins getting on?

The mandarin is doing good. Feed it live brine shrimp sometimes and frozen mysis. It eats lots of pods all day though. Only have the one mandarin. The starry blennny is something else to watch. He is so funny. But I think he might have killed my one eyed goby ? saw him chasing him one day, and haven’t seen it in about a week or so. 

So Saturday is going to be awesome. Going to Brew frag fest in Houston. It’s a frag fest at a brewery! Jason fox will be there and I’ll probably end up spending $1000000 there. Be ready for some insane corals 

• Like 1

Just left the frag fest. Met Jason fox and talked shop for awhile. Didn’t buy anything from him ($$$$$) but his stuff was nice to look at. The JF home wrecker is unbelievable in person

• Like 1
On 11/29/2017 at 8:34 PM, mbarton2010 said:

The mandarin is doing good. Feed it live brine shrimp sometimes and frozen mysis. It eats lots of pods all day though. Only have the one mandarin. The starry blennny is something else to watch. He is so funny. But I think he might have killed my one eyed goby ? saw him chasing him one day, and haven’t seen it in about a week or so. 

My Starry Blenny is mean as shit. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

My Starry Blenny is mean as shit. 

Mine wasn’t until one day he randomly started harassing the goby. He doesn’t mess with the clown or mandarin 

• Like 1

So I have some patches of ugly algae and some of what I believe to be bryopsis. I just dozed a little under 600mg of Fluconazole. Gonna see if it works. Got my SKimmer cup off and my carbon reactor offline