Innovative Marine Aquariums

Barton's 20g *retired*

mbarton2010

pappadumplingz

Just looked through your page, and I gotta say, you have some great frags. Don't have a media reactor myself, but it basically tumbles whatever media is inside it, which is beneficial for certain types of media

7 hours ago, mbarton2010 said:

Some new pics. Grabbed a couple coral from the anniversary sale at FJW aquarium in Houston. https://instagram.com/p/BakQ-5MAvJb/

Oh and I changed my lighting to all blues. The acans have really loved it. I watched the Jason Fox video and he said that is what really makes the coral color up

Jason knows his stuff and the corals are looking really good. What are you using to take pictures? 

16 minutes ago, TFish77 said:

Jason knows his stuff and the corals are looking really good. What are you using to take pictures? 

My iPhone 8plus with gel filter

1 hour ago, mbarton2010 said:

I think they are called armour of god 

These are armors.

KCQl8SU.jpg

What I have and what I think you have are different than armors. They have a much more scattered pink center and also a teal skirt as opposed to brown/dark like armors. They are super sick so I'm hoping you got a good deal on them :happy:.

NX95eXo.jpg

I was just curious because I have been growing mine out for a while and got them as a wild caught probably a year and a half ago as a single polyp. 

Also I just noticed those magicians in the background of that picture. Man you have some sick zoas!

• Like 1
Just now, TFish77 said:

These are armors.

KCQl8SU.jpg

What I have and what I think you have are different than armors. They have a much more scattered pink center and also a teal skirt as opposed to brown/dark like armors. They are super sick so I'm hoping you got a good deal on them :happy:.

NX95eXo.jpg

I was just curious because I have been growing mine out for a while and got them as a wild caught probably a year and a half ago as a single polyp. 

I traded a container of GFO for them lol a $20 GFO for like 5 polyps of whatever they are called lol

Just now, mbarton2010 said:

I traded a container of GFO for them lol a $20 GFO for like 5 polyps of whatever they are called lol

:angry: I begged for months to get a small frag. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TFish77 said:

:angry: I begged for months to get a small frag. 

ive gotten some really great zoas from different places in Houston without paying crazy prices. haven't paid more than $20 for any of them. Got 4 polyps of rastas for $20, the magicians for $20, purple hornets for $20, Gatorades for $10 which have taken of this last month, and goblin on fire for $10. Have some Darth Mauls for $20 also

Fire and Ice too

and I have a single polyp of some unknown zoa that seems to have mutated off the gatorades. ill post a pic when the lights are on tomorrow 

• Wow 1
Just now, skrist said:

Im amazed at how well that skimmer works for only $130. Might need to pick one up!

It’s awesome. Takes a little while to break in and get tuned just right but it pulls out some gunk!

10 minutes ago, mbarton2010 said:

ive gotten some really great zoas from different places in Houston without paying crazy prices. haven't paid more than $20 for any of them. Got 4 polyps of rastas for $20, the magicians for $20, purple hornets for $20, Gatorades for $10 which have taken of this last month, and goblin on fire for $10. Have some Darth Mauls for $20 also

Fire and Ice too

and I have a single polyp of some unknown zoa that seems to have mutated off the gatorades. ill post a pic when the lights are on tomorrow 

Man those are good prices. You buy from Unlimited Coral Colors at all? I always see them at shows and know they are out of Houston. 

1 minute ago, TFish77 said:

Man those are good prices. You buy from Unlimited Coral Colors at all? I always see them at shows and know they are out of Houston. 

never heard of them. ill look them up

10 hours ago, mbarton2010 said:

@TFish77 this is the “mutant zoa” that popped up with my Gatorade zoas. Green lashes, blue rim, pink body, gold mouth with blue “lips” 

9E558D96-75B5-4FAB-A353-BE56F0713A5F.jpeg

Ah those are eagle eyes (at least they look like it). Another cool pickup for sure.