inTank Media Baskets

Barton's 20g *retired*

mbarton2010

So I switched everything over! Everything made it but an acro frag. Also got my cleanup crew from reef cleaners. So many snails. Diatoms came and went. Added a media reactor to the sump. Running gfo/carbon. I really need to figure out my wire situation lol

184F8405-99EF-4FEB-B51C-B12EB0068440.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 2
Christopher Marks

Haha that's a jungle of cables, wow! Every time I see that power supply right on the edge of the tank stand, I imagine water splashing out of the side and everything shorting out.

Careful power cable management around water is very important. I would move the power strips away from the open tank and make sure every plug has a drip loop. All it takes is one little accident, we've seen it happen a few times here in the community.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Haha that's a jungle of cables, wow! Every time I see that power supply right on the edge of the tank stand, I imagine water splashing out of the side and everything shorting out.

Careful power cable management around water is very important. I would move the power strips away from the open tank and make sure every plug has a drip loop. All it takes is one little accident, we've seen it happen a few times here in the community.

Yeah I’m going to Home Depot tomorrow to get some stuff for cable management. Might get some material to make doors and turn the stand into a cabinet

• Like 1
16 hours ago, mbarton2010 said:

So I switched everything over! Everything made it but an acro frag. Also got my cleanup crew from reef cleaners. So many snails. Diatoms came and went. Added a media reactor to the sump. Running gfo/carbon. I really need to figure out my wire situation lol

184F8405-99EF-4FEB-B51C-B12EB0068440.jpeg

I couldn't sleep at night with those wires like that! :lol: everything else looks good though. :)  

Looks great!  And those cubey shelves are designed to have those fabric storage bins put into them if you decide you want to hide things more.

3 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Looks great!  And those cubey shelves are designed to have those fabric storage bins put into them if you decide you want to hide things more.

Yeah I was going to buy a few but there was only colorful ones on display

47 minutes ago, mbarton2010 said:

Yeah I was going to buy a few but there was only colorful ones on display

Target sells them too, if you have one nearby.  Bet you could find them online too.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TatorTaco said:

Those are some nice frags!  Where'd you pick them up and how'd much did it cost you?  

$20 bucks each. From a couple different LFS in houston

• Like 1
20 hours ago, mbarton2010 said:

$20 bucks each. From a couple different LFS in houston

Ugh.  I'm in central AR.  I've heard their are a few really good LFS near Fayettville and Tulsa. I've resorted to just ordering online.  :-( 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TFish77 said:

Same tank club :lol:

Seriously though it looks really good. I will just stare in envy of your very pretty filtration :mellow:

Thanks! I put a lot of work into figuring this out. Racked my brain for hours diagramming, as this was my first attempt at plumbing 

10 hours ago, mbarton2010 said:

Thanks! I put a lot of work into figuring this out. Racked my brain for hours diagramming, as this was my first attempt at plumbing 

Hey building and designing the plumbing is part of the fun. You will eventually get the itch to redo it and make it even better.... again and again and again. The addiction is real. 

On 10/3/2017 at 11:22 AM, TatorTaco said:

Ugh.  I'm in central AR.  I've heard their are a few really good LFS near Fayettville and Tulsa. I've resorted to just ordering online.  :-( 

Story of my life lol.  I did find an awesome little LFS an hour away, with awesome prices too.

• Like 1
On 10/4/2017 at 12:33 AM, mbarton2010 said:

Just wanted to share this pic of my new monti. Bright red with yellow polyps 

CEE2F4F4-8DD1-4F14-B3D2-F3AC185BEB40.jpeg

Sunburst montipora. A really nice piece, especially once it gets bigger. 

Just now, mbarton2010 said:

Picked up a new fish today. A starry blenny! He is  picking the rocks and looking majestic 

Nice. Those guys will absolutely destroy any algae issues you have.