Cultivated Reef

Help! : I forgot to remove shell from QT before dosing meds

JLynn

So I have a tailspot blenny who gets very anxious when he doesn't have a little hidey hole, and he especially loves this one shell I bought for him. When I put him in the QT, I put the shell in with him to help him feel more comfortable there, and I meant to remove it before beginning any treatment, but I forgot. Will a seashell absorb medicine the way live rock would? They're both calcium carbonate, right? So theoretically it should? 

Supposing that seashells do absorb medicine in a QT just like live rock does, once I remove it, do I need to redose the medicine? (The medicine in question is Prazipro, btw, so there's no way to test for it and just redose the precise amount needed to get it back to the right level.)

Prazipro is fine with the shell. I dose it in live rock tanks often. Copper is the med people worry about.

I would never re-dose a med without knowing how much is left, overdose would be dangerous.