Top Shelf Aquatics

Update! TmR's 7 gallon full view (powered by Nanobox) Slowest Build Ever

Tmr8188

Hello!  I never actually setup this tank.  Life and laziness got in the way.  This tank will be housing my mushroom collection.

Planned equipment:

Lifeguard Aquatics Fullview 7 gallon AIO

Nanobox Tide (currently a V2 array, I might have to send it off to Dave for a new array.  Its my first Nanobox and I

dig it)

Upgrade return pump to an Eheim 600 or one of the new hydors

I will be using the glass top to hopefully keep evaporation to a minimum.

Manual top offs will have to do for now

Built a scape with 5 lbs of stax rock, looks too symmetrical for me

Planned live stock:

Yellowtail Damsel

A small cuc

Bounces!

some hammers and torches

Some favias

Tank is going in our bedroom

20180726_092520.jpg

904BA8E0-73C3-47E0-88A8-C38E0CBF452A.jpeg

• Like 2

Aside from the Chicago Bears logo this looks good!  Go Pack! haha!

There's only one other build with this tank on here that I know of. Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the tank as you get going. 

What kind of return pump comes standard with the tank?   

9 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Aside from the Chicago Bears logo this looks good!  Go Pack! haha!

There's only one other build with this tank on here that I know of. Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the tank as you get going. 

What kind of return pump comes standard with the tank?   

We have Money Mitch now!

I am not sure what return pump is included but I have the eheim lying around so I will see if it fits.  The other build hasn't really been updated recently.  I don't know about the long term sustainability of housing two captive bred Mandarins.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Nice!  This is definitely an interesting tank, love the stocking plans!

It is a unique tank for sure.  I am sort of toying with the idea of multiple flaming prawn gobies instead.

• Wow 1
53 minutes ago, TILTON said:

Interesting tank for sure.  I haven't seen anything with the angled front like that before.

I have only seen one build for this tank so far.  

26 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

cool tank, i've seen it before but never actually stocked and running 

and with the Tide, this should look great 

i'll be following along!

Yeah this might turn into a slow build.  I don't even have enough time to do water changes on my other tanks.  Destiny 2 being out isnt helping me get out of the house and making a trip to ikea.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

What's the white thing in the bottom right?

I don't really know.  I just took it out of the box and put the Tide on and snapped some pictures and it has sat ever since.  I think its an airline hose that goes to the return pump.  I will be attaching an air stone to it for emergency situations. 

Sorry to disappoint.  I will finally be putting this tank up this weekend!  Slowest build ever!  Does anybody have any suggestions on media baskets for this tank?  I have grown quite fond of my intank baskets over the years.

58 minutes ago, Chris1987 said:

Nice looking tank! It sort of reminds me of this tank I found the other day that's also a 7 gallon 😄

(Image source)

Nano_Low_4_480x480.png

Looks pretty good!  I've always wanted to do a rock flower look down nano.

I must say I am a huge fan of the Stax rock.  This is the scape I came up with while playing for a few minutes.  It looks too symmetrical to me.  I will continue to play around with it in the coming days.

I was leaning towards black sand.  Now I am not so sure.

AB46EE79-8093-464C-9DBD-6C16858E99D3.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, banasophia said:

Those Stax look like they would be really fun to aquascape with... liking your ideas so far, and interested to see this tank in action. 

I really enjoy the Stax.  It’s very easy to work with.  If I don’t reuse my ceramic rock from my lagoon in my upgrade I will definitely be using the Stax.

5 minutes ago, MrObscura said:

Of all places this was the last Id expect to remind me of the damn packers and Sunday night... 

Sorry.  I am still trying to drown out the memory with booze.

• Haha 2

I have this tank too! I am running it with a kessil A360 on low low power since I got a really good deal on the light! What pump are you running with the tank, I have been using the stock one as of now but I would like to upgrade so I can have enough flow to support acros. Let me know

-Ava

16 hours ago, AvaS said:

I have this tank too! I am running it with a kessil A360 on low low power since I got a really good deal on the light! What pump are you running with the tank, I have been using the stock one as of now but I would like to upgrade so I can have enough flow to support acros. Let me know

-Ava

I am using a hydor pico pump 300 gph.  It fits nicely.  I got it from amazon for $11.49.

Tank is hopefully getting wet today!