Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bad expreience with nano box

Nickbruh510

Op I'm sorry your having issues.  He has been super responsive to all my requests, and sent an incredible product.  I hope you get everything your missing and it all works out.  In regards to the mint it's not on a separate controllable channel default bc it's not something that was thought of / needed, so he's trying it out.  Pretty cool he's sharing his true results, and I'm sure would adjust your light to what you want if you communicated that with him.

1 minute ago, Nickbruh510 said:

@schgr.cube It still does not mean he can just forgot 2 power supplies and not to mention hes slow as Hell to respond and to ship. Horrible experience and pissed.

You didn't answer my question about how you are contacting him. What was his response? I don't want to come off as not believing you or anything, but you are giving negative feedback about a vendor but not giving enough detail to come off like you are telling the whole story here. I get you're pissed, but you have to remember you chose to buy from a one man shop, and there are positives and negatives to that process. If you wanted a big box store experience, you might have been better suited to buy an AI Prime or something off Amazon. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, schgr.cube said:

You didn't answer my question about how you are contacting him. What was his response? I don't want to come off as not believing you or anything, but you are giving negative feedback about a vendor but not giving enough detail to come off like you are telling the whole story here. I get you're pissed, but you have to remember you chose to buy from a one man shop, and there are positives and negatives to that process. If you wanted a big box store experience, you might have been better suited to buy an AI Prime or something off Amazon. 

That's exactly why I opened my mouth on a subject that I've only researched. 

Thrassian Atoll

This seems like something that should be addressed though.  I received wrong color top and no power supply.  He received no power supply with his within a month of mine.   He fixed my issues in a timely manner but it seems pretty silly to forget to add power supplies.

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, schgr.cube said:

I bought a custom fuge light it took over 1.5 weeks to complete thats cool I get it. And then I sent him a nanobox duo for repair , He fixed it and said it would be shipped out next week. Well that next week comes around and apparently the power supply they sent was the wrong one. Here I am waiting another couple days for a response . I had to reach out to him. Now almost 2.5-3 weeks later altogether I get a box on the porch. Open it up stoked as Hell and neither power supply is in there :(. Not even the power supply I sent him with the nanobox duo I sent in for repair. Nor did the fuge light power supply come in the mail. I sent him messages, emails, and called him. Crickets man. Honestly I Think this man is all hype. Call it a mistake if you want. I still have 2 nanobox bricks sitting on the floor.

1 minute ago, TILTON said:

This seems like something that should be addressed though.  I received wrong color top and no power supply.  He received no power supply with his within a month of mine.   He fixed my issues in a timely manner but it seems pretty silly to forget to add power supplies.

Bro not 1 power supply but 2 power supplies. Like kmon dude I could have easily went with 2 different lights but nope I decided to suppor nanobox because I myself am a small buisness owner. But damn get your shhh together man.

Just now, TILTON said:

Wait a second.  @1891Bro, do you even own a Nanobox?

Lol i was thinking the same. I mean i own 2 halves to a nanobox so i giess i dont own one either ?

10 minutes ago, TILTON said:

Wait a second.  @1891Bro, do you even own a Nanobox?

Scroll back. I already says I got no dog in this race. 

3 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Bit, it is an option. Just get the model w/o the moonlight channel. Or you mean it should come with another channel? I really don't even have a dog in this race. Don't even have this light but, I find myself "window shopping" them about once a week. 

Here it is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Thrassian Atoll

Im sure it will all be fine 

Yeah, I am sure he will take care of you.  The frustration is warranted having to wait longer because of silly mistakes that shouldn't have to happen in the first place.  It seems it's not a one time deal either with at least 2 within a month of not getting the order correct or forgetting power supplies. I get it, he's a 1 man operation but isn't there a checklist to check off when packaging the item?  Would I buy again?  Yes.  Would I recommended his light to others?  Yes.  Are the issues easily avoidable?  Seems like they absolutely are.  

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, TILTON said:

Yeah, I am sure he will take care of you.  The frustration is warranted having to wait longer because of silly mistakes that shouldn't have to happen in the first place.  It seems it's not a one time deal either with at least 2 within a month of not getting the order correct or forgetting power supplies. I get it, he's a 1 man operation but isn't there a checklist to check off when packaging the item?  Would I buy again?  Yes.  Would I recommended his light to others?  Yes.  Are the issues easily avoidable?  Seems like they absolutely are.  

That's exactly how I feel about it. I'm more pissed that I was waiting to try out the lights ya know. Lol well Netflix and ramen helped me cope

22 hours ago, Nickbruh510 said:

Has anyone else have any bad experience with nanobox?  I have had the worst experience ever with him and he is a vet slow responder.

Nick,

My apologies if I forgot your power supplies. After our 70+ PM messages PLUS emails I hope you do not think I am not responding. I have been with family all week and taking a small break for labor day. I will have these out tomorrow for you when I get back. As well you had a repair unit that was sent in afterwards that was connected completely wrong. 

Again sorry this took longer than expected. You will have the power supplies Wednesday at the latest! 

-Dave

22 hours ago, TILTON said:

I received the wrong color lid and no power supply.  Dave was quick to correct the mistake though and I really like my light.  My only complaint is that he has mint leds that he doesn't offer to the public but personally uses.  Find that odd myself.  

Like I stated in the thread I said this is still taboo. Disregarding white completely would not be a smart move on my part due to the "normal" having white. However I truly believe this is the future! 

22 hours ago, Nickbruh510 said:

Yeah i am missing 2 power supplies and i have waited over 2 weeks for a fuge light and a repair. It's driving me nuts like wtf.  These lights may be up for sale soon. This wonderful spectrum everyone talks about I still can't experience. 

You bought a light that was over two years old. This will NOT be the same spectrum as the current. The spectrum will still be very pleasing with the use of lime. 

Thats for clearing that up guys! I will be back in town tomorrow! 

Happy reeding and I hope everyone had a great holiday! 

-Dave

57 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Nick,

My apologies if I forgot your power supplies. After our 70+ PM messages PLUS emails I hope you do not think I am not responding. I have been with family all week and taking a small break for labor day. I will have these out tomorrow for you when I get back. As well you had a repair unit that was sent in afterwards that was connected completely wrong. 

Again sorry this took longer than expected. You will have the power supplies Wednesday at the latest! 

-Dave

Like I stated in the thread I said this is still taboo. Disregarding white completely would not be a smart move on my part due to the "normal" having white. However I truly believe this is the future! 

You bought a light that was over two years old. This will NOT be the same spectrum as the current. The spectrum will still be very pleasing with the use of lime. 

Thats for clearing that up guys! I will be back in town tomorrow! 

Happy reeding and I hope everyone had a great holiday! 

-Dave

Dave, i was not speaking of the line personally I could care less about that. I was speaking mmm ore of just the nanobox arrays wether they are 5 years old or 5 days old. I am glad I will be receiving the power supplies by wed. I want to make it clear I was not bashing you by any means just stating the frustration I experienced, and simply asked who else has had a bad experience. It seems not many people but at the end of the day the power supplies were forgot on 2 orders which is not bad. I wish I wasn't in the percentage of people who have had a bad experience with you. For the record you do respond slowly on nano-reef .I think you respond quicker thru the nano box email. Thank you for changing out the screw to the 2 year old unit i appreciate it and can't wait to light my tank with the nanobox. The fuge light on the hand will probably go over my frog tank as I think it deserves to go over a a tank than to be stuck under the cabinet growing macroalgae I want to show it off especially the short gooseneck it looks slick

Even though dave is doing what he should be doing by shipping out power supplies(A key component)  I still think his service is not the best, unless you buy a brand new light off his website . I also never said you didn't respond I stated you respond pretty slow. 70 messages or so between us in matter of 3-4 weeks is SLOW. I AM SPENDING MY HARD EARNED MONEY ON YOUR BUSINESS AND I WANT TOP FLIGHT SERVICE. A beat up nano box that is two years old only shows you craftsmanship. You use silicone , freaking silicone to hold the power supply together, when I unplugged the fan cord the side of the power box came off. Again this is your craftsmanship. Yeah your cnc machine blah blah blah , handmade wooden lids handcrafted in north carolina sounds cool until you forget something as simple as a power supply. I have to  completely honest and giving you real feedback and I am disappointed. Wishing I could return the custom fuge light and walk away form your business. If anyone wants to buy  a custom duo body huge body it will be for sale for 200$ brand new and has never been turned on. I will also be selling the 2 year old nano box duo for 250$ which has a non lime v3 array. Thanks everyone have a good trip dave you lost a fanboy on this one .

I also believe that I was treated this way because he was doing a repair on a unit which I assume you only make a  good profit on new units.

Lol. So, just to set the record straight. In 5.5 hours you went from glad to get this mess straightened out, to selling all your nanobox lights?  The man screwed up, apologized, and promised them by mid week..... All while on vacation. Plus, though I may have just mis understood you, you seem to be expecting brand new quality on a used, 2 year old item. How is it's condition any of his problem? Did you pay for a complete refurbish? 

I may may be coming off like a dick, but it really seems like you are overreacting.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, RayWhisperer said:

Lol. So, just to set the record straight. In 5.5 hours you went from glad to get this mess straightened out, to selling all your nanobox lights?  The man screwed up, apologized, and promised them by mid week..... All while on vacation. Plus, though I may have just mis understood you, you seem to be expecting brand new quality on a used, 2 year old item. How is it's condition any of his problem? Did you pay for a complete refurbish? 

I may may be coming off like a dick, but it really seems like you are overreacting.

It's not the repaired unit that has brought me to start this post. Its the power supplies being left out of the whole order even on the brand new custom fuge light and the power supply to the repaired unit. Lol I can't even test the lights or mess with them because I don't have the power supplies!!!. You may be a fanboy but I am not overreacting. I am reactin g as anyone should if you purchase a brand new custom unit and they leave out the power supply. Mistake or not in my eyes its a costly mistake.  I WILL BE NO FANBOY OF NANOBOX simple as that. ALL THE NANOBOX FANBOYS BACK PLEASE BACK HIM UP BECAUSE HE PROBABLY SHIPPED YOUR BRAND NEW UNIT WITH A POWER SUPPLY.

In 5.5 hours lol I realized I have two worthless bricked nanobox units and I'm still pissed cant you tell??

Lol. I wouldn't call myself a fanboy. I have one light that in all likelihood I will never use. I too bought it used, and I too had a small issue. However, when Dave stepped up, I had nothing to complain about. Nobody is perfect. 

Sell the light, if you want. I don't have a dog in this fight. I just think you are going off the deep end over an honest mistake. I'm pretty sure Dave would have nothing to gain by intentionally screwing you over, or ####ing with you. Quite the opposite, in fact.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Tmr8188 said:

I can see how you would be upset over not having the power supplies, but good god quit being hysterical. 

Is it really being hysterical. 

1 minute ago, RayWhisperer said:

Lol. I wouldn't call myself a fanboy. I have one light that in all likelihood I will never use. I too bought it used, and I too had a small issue. However, when Dave stepped up, I had nothing to complain about. Nobody is perfect. 

Sell the light, if you want. I don't have a dog in this fight. I just think you are going off the deep end over an honest mistake. I'm pretty sure Dave would have nothing to gain by intentionally screwing you over, or ####ing with you. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Sure , anyone want to buy these nanobox units?. These exposed wires are killing me and the 2 year old flex arm is making the duo sag.

Is it really being hysterical. 

Yes. I was going to respond last night saying that you were understandably upset after hearing what happened, but now you just sound ridiculous. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, schgr.cube said:

Yes. I was going to respond last night saying that you were understandably upset after hearing what happened, but now you just sound ridiculous. 

Great everyone makes mistakes  , this is true. Maybe I should of just bought a brand new unit?

• Christopher Marks locked this topic