SaltCritters.com

The blasto obsession

Minmay

On 9/14/2017 at 1:01 PM, Minmay said:

Thanks!! The guy that maybe selling his blastos will be at RAP. He's a tall guy with cool looking white hair lol. My wife's daughter has her own place but my kids tho ...smh I have a 21yr that still sleeps with teddy bears l. I think shes gonna live with me for the rest of my life. Shes sooo scary. My youngest is actually 15 and i think she'll leave the nest b4 her sister does ???

I'll look for a tall guy with cool looking white hair :D.  Not that I would say anything to him....well except maybe to convince him to sell his awesome blastos to you ;):lol:.

I don't work outside the house, so I really look forward to having my son home and hang out with me during the day, after graduation.  I know, I know...he has to get a job and get his own place, and get married and have his own family, and all that LOL.  But I still want to just hang out with him for awhile.  He's my buddy :).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, gena said:

I'll look for a tall guy with cool looking white hair :D.  Not that I would say anything to him....well except maybe to convince him to sell his awesome blastos to you ;):lol:.

I don't work outside the house, so I really look forward to having my son home and hang out with me during the day, after graduation.  I know, I know...he has to get a job and get his own place, and get married and have his own family, and all that LOL.  But I still want to just hang out with him for awhile.  He's my buddy :).

Haha I actually never have met Wes, I think his name is. Im just on a reefer group on fb. Haha I think if I had a son Id probably want him to stay with me forever but since I have two girls who are just as crazy as I am but with raging hormones and teenage attitude Id rather they leave sooner rather than later ???

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, its been awhile since I updated this journal bit who wants to read everyday about fishless cycling and how boring it is to stare at water. Anywho, i let this tank run its course. Yesterday, i took one of my cerith snail and put him in the tank. Woke up this morning and he's still alive ....yay! Put all but one blasto in the tank and thats cuz its glued on my main rock really good but I'll have more time to fiddle with it this weekend. Right now my blastos are on the sand just acclimating to the new tank/lighting. Heres a pic of the lone snail. The only one in the castle. I have to catch Houdini (yellow watchman) man he's fast. Also, here's a pic of my new blasto that i've been waiting for my LFS to cut

20171017_174600.jpg

20171016_134552.jpg

• Like 4

I went to petco today just to buy a digital thermo but I also happen to spot a hydor 425 pump on clearance for $16. Looked in the box and it didnt look used. No missing parts. Went to cash register and told the guy about it being on clearance. He inspected it said to keep receipt just incase. He rang it up and he said $8. I was like are u sure cuz the sign said $16. He shrugged and said well, it rang up as $8 so with the thermo your total is $19 some cents. TOTAL SCORE! Brought it home and tested it and it works perfectly fine. Yay! I dont know what imma use it for cuz the stock pump with the rotating deflector on it actually works really well. Even with just using the stock lighting my blastos have grown. Im pretty happy. 

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

So finally my wife is interested in the tank. Asked if she could pick out clowns for the blasto tank. So, introducing Whitley and Dwayne (from tv show Different World"). Also bought a serpent starfish amd a Torch. I know this is a Blasto tank but I wanted something more active than GSP. 

20171030_155933.jpg

20171030_153157.jpg

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, gena said:

Pretty clowns and blasto :wub:

I'll say cool starfish cuz....starfish aren't really all that pretty :lol:.

Thank you. We love em'! They are soooo cute. Im still trying to figure out which is more dominant. My LFS said that she was trying to pair them so they are not officially "inlove". They have been doing good together but they both look beat up lol. The starfish is scary looking to me but I like it. Its considered small. He's hanging out with Houdini in his lil cave. Since putting clowns and starfish in the tank, Houdini comes out more often. I guess to see wtf is going on lol

IMG_2017-10-31_08-58-32.JPG

• Like 2
On 10/30/2017 at 8:11 PM, Minmay said:

So finally my wife is interested in the tank. Asked if she could pick out clowns for the blasto tank. So, introducing Whitley and Dwayne (from tv show Different World"). Also bought a serpent starfish amd a Torch. I know this is a Blasto tank but I wanted something more active than GSP. 

20171030_155933.jpg

20171030_153157.jpg

Dwayne Wayne?

• Like 1

So, on 11/1 I was looking at my tank and noticed a bunch of white spots on Dwayne and Whitley. It looked like Ick and confirmed it with my LFS that I bought from. I figured it was probably due to stress and plus they were both pretty banged up from fighting each other to win dominance. She told me that I can bring back to store and she would refund or she will give me a lil bag of Ick Shield the following day after work. So, the following day went to LFS but she wasnt there. Her assistant was there but he could find the Ick Shield and gave me a lil baggy of Hex Shield instead. When home and tried to feed them. Only Whitley ate but Dwayne would spit it out. I was so worried that I couldnt get him to eat. It was 7:30pm. My LFS that I normally go to was already closed so I decided to go to another LFS that was near by and the guy showed me "Kick Ick" treatment and he gave me a lil baggy of Ick Shield. I've been using Kick Ick along with the Ick Shield and so far so good. They look soooo much better. I dont even see anymore spots on them and they both eat the Ick shield pellets. So, I would highly recommend "Kick-Ick" it worked for me. I have read from other ppl that it didnt work for them but maybe by the time they noticed the Ick it was too late? Idk but it worked great for me and I really appreciate whoever made these products. 

• 1 month later...

Its been awhile since I posted. Everything seems to be healthy. Went to my LFS and bought this beauty for only $20 for a large. I thought it was a steal with it being so pretty. My Fav blasto so far. 

DSC_0100.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Minmay said:

Its been awhile since I posted. Everything seems to be healthy. Went to my LFS and bought this beauty for only $20 for a large. I thought it was a steal with it being so pretty. My Fav blasto so far. 

DSC_0100.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

Nice!!!

The Cloves I got from you are doing great and growing like crazy. 

In fact, they just started growing up the front glass, lol.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Nice!!!

The Cloves I got from you are doing great and growing like crazy. 

In fact, they just started growing up the front glass, lol.

Thats awesome! Im so glad its healthy amd growing quickly

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

So, recently we moved. Found a place and in two weeks time we moved out. I did my first transfer which was the blasto tank since it had less to move but still PITA. Walkin down steps and then walking across a parking lot with glass tank and 20lbs of wet live sand with just a lil' bit of SW to keep the sand wet was such a pain. Finally, got to the new place and had to haul it up some more stairs. I was hoping to do the 2nd tank same day as well but Uhhh I had to re-think lol. So, of course I couldnt remember how I had the rocks so I have new rockscape. O yeah, I added a rock flower anemone cuz this tank had more space for one. I randomly put the blastos where ever since I had to leave. I'll fix those later

20180218_195150.jpg

• Like 2