Coral Vue Hydros

kinetic Red Sea Reefer 170

kinetic

18 hours ago, jesseatam said:

My geo hawk never took prepared foods, I'm glad yours isn't giving you trouble. They're such an interesting fish.

I probably got really lucky. I asked the LFS if they were eating, and they squirted mysis in and all three that I saw in the tank went after the mysis. I wanted the one that was perched out in the open and wasn't spooked by the feeding tube when it squirted mysis. Even though my guy is a little timid, he comes way out up to my kent marine seasquirt to get the mysis.

I do, however, have to turn off all the pumps, otherwise he won't venture out at all. I'm trying to see if I can get him to come out while the return pump is on at least. Once he does that, maybe while all the flow is on, but I doubt it.

I'm getting my small harem of clownfish this week, so hoping that doesn't screw things up with his feeding. I might have to distract the clowns with a ton of food, then spot feed the caves the hawkfish is in.

Update:

Nitrates holding at 10ppm
Phosphates holding at 0.02ppm

I started dosing NoPox last week again to bring my nitrates down from 25ppm and my phosphates were pretty high at 0.06ppm. I was dosing 4.5 ml a day. Last couple days the tank got a bit cloudy, so decided to back off on the dosage a bit (2 ml a day). Hope it'll clear up in the next few days! Also don't want to strip the tank of nitrates/phosphates too much. I've noticed that algae has been stopped completely (CUC + algae reactor + nopox + skimming).

This Thursday my harem of ocellaris arrive!

1. Mocha DaVinci/Gladiator
2. Mocha DaVinci/Gladiator
3. Fancy White Extreme
4. Fancy White DaVinci/Gladiator
5. Vivid Fancy
6. Chocolate Mocha

Excited to introduce them.

I've also decided to not keep a H Magnifica anymore. It would really outgrow my tank too fast. I'll keep a couple BTA's instead. The current rainbow BTA I have has been the first. I'm going to be getting a CC Green Grape and probably saving the last spot for something rare, like a Colorado Sunburst, Inferno, Supernova, or creamscicle. But that's just a dream, those nems are so expensive.

Photos this Thursday!

I've still been struggling with how loud my Simplicity 120 DC skimmer has been acting. Despite all the great customer service from Simplicity, I'm still unhappy how loud it is. They want a video with sound recording, but my iPhone just doesn't pickup the sound at all. I'm not crazy, I asked my friends if they could hear it in the next room and they could. The pump without any air or without the wedge pipe closed is pretty much silent, but with the air and wedge pipe closed, it's just too loud for me. I am thinking of finding a NYOS Quantum and comparing them.

Today's the day:

37538582140_0c1f11b6b4_b.jpg

37796870161_69b7517ede_b.jpg

Packing list:

37087267694_07da49e349_b.jpg

Free food! Awesome SA! I already prepped PE Mysis, ON Reef Flakes, but this is going to be great to add to the diversity. 

37796864631_d834b064c3_b.jpg

Damn, this is the scary part. I am always nervous. What you want: cutest damn ocellaris the world ever did see. What you don't want: DOA =( =( But the shipping box was awesome and no problems with delivery so should be good...

37538566240_51209d9046_b.jpg

First one out! WHEW! He's alive and f***ing beautiful.

37538559190_d229d620a2_b.jpg

Next came the mocha caramel. He's not a misbar, just weird distortion from the double bags:

37538553580_4720807428_b.jpg

I have a pair of mocha gladiators as well. The idea is that the female will be largest, though not by much, and there will be a quickly set hierarchy for minimal bickering. We'll see. Alpha male might be a tough one to assert:

37538547470_c7a5680f70_b.jpg

Fancy White aka Gladiator. Are you not entertained?

37540190860_a1924f6dca_b.jpg

They all made it! Floating for temp. Sustainable Aquatics specifically says not to drip acclimate these guys. I am skeptical but they have quite the reputation and these guys are so healthy. So a quick float and I'll transfer (with fish net) to the display soon after.

37540195310_2084752410_b.jpg

All done floating, and added the Fancy White Extreme and the Vivid Fancy first. The Vivid Fancy is a bit larger than I was hoping for. I hope he doesn't become a problem. Fancy White Extreme is the smallest. These guys came together instantly. So funny that they just wanna group together. Cutest damn things ever.

37766243122_17ccf798ec_b.jpg

OK, I couldn't keep taking photos between each intro, so here are the rest of the photos. it's really hard to take a group photo of these clowns. It's a circus!

37128155643_2602a6692f_b.jpg

37766235212_927a927e83_b.jpg

37128136183_c367757f30_b.jpg

37128142003_e5c8b6df3a_b.jpg

37766214762_0ba0b5d19b_b.jpg

37766231812_a7f24f5ea8_b.jpg

I tried to label them, a few times. I'm actually not entirely sure which one is the fancy extreme white and the fancy white (aka gladiator). They're both amazing. I think the Extreme is a bit smaller. They do look slightly different, but not sure what is more extreme than the other.

37088976734_35ae468512_b.jpg

That's it for now! More photos once they settle down and I have more time (and patience) to get a good group photo and get good shots of each from the sides.

• Like 3
  • Wow 6
burtbollinger

my 2 cents is get those nems in there ASAP...heck, some guys opt to get them in place before the harem arrives.   That said, you may know more about this than I....and I think your juvenile tank raised fish should be probably be just fine.

• Like 1

Quick unboxing video. I wish I was able to add a soundtrack or do some color corrections. I used iMovie, though if anyone has suggestions let me know:

https://youtu.be/joWXZgoJ67Q

2 hours ago, Lugmos12 said:

omg they are gorgeous! :haha:

They are so awesome! Sustainable Aquatics is so pro.

2 hours ago, burtbollinger said:

my 2 cents is get those nems in there ASAP...heck, some guys opt to get them in place before the harem arrives.   That said, you may know more about this than I....and I think your juvenile tank raised fish should be probably be just fine.

I have one BTA in there already. I was going to get the H. magnifica and have it settled down first, but decided against it. Since I'm just going BTAs, I figure these ocellaris have a pretty low chance of accepting them as hosts anyway. My tank needs fish poop badly (I've been ghost overfeeding to keep phosphates/nitrates high), so thought to just get some fish and add two more BTA's over a few weeks time. With three total BTAs, hopefully they'll grow larger soon and the ocellaris might take to them. With my luck, they'll just be hosting my gyre pump forever.

How are you going to deal with the aggression?  3+ clowns in a small tank will end badly. My understanding is once they mature, they will probably fight until death. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, MockandRoll said:

How are you going to deal with the aggression?  3+ clowns in a small tank will end badly. My understanding is once they mature, they will probably fight until death. 

I talked about this earlier, but there is overwhelming evidence that a pair of clowns will protect their territory, so in a small tank, that extends throughout. But with groups introduced together at a young age / size (especially captive raised ones) of 5+, people have had years of success in small-ish tanks.

Usually multiple clowns are housed in large tanks so they don't fight over space. But in this case, they are a "harem" or "group" from the start. Once they assert the female and alpha male, the rest fall in place with normal pecking order squabbles, but nothing to the death.

This has been done with juveniles from the same clutch a handful of times successfully, with few people having complete failures. What I'm doing is definitely new, with almost all completely different clowns. They are about the same age and same size, with one female in a bonded pair already, so hopefully she will easily assert her top spot and the rest will fall into place.

Really, no telling what will happen, but I'm going to let it run it's course a bit. But there are so many people around me that I can distribute the clowns to if this goes extremely badly.

Look up clown harem threads on forums like RC and R2R! It's really a mix of people in blind denial that things are going badly and ACTUAL success. Nobody has done this yet though, so let me be the first. I work from home almost every day, so I'm keeping a close eye on everything all the time.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, kinetic said:

I talked about this earlier, but there is overwhelming evidence that a pair of clowns will protect their territory, so in a small tank, that extends throughout. But with groups introduced together at a young age / size (especially captive raised ones) of 5+, people have had years of success in small-ish tanks.

Usually multiple clowns are housed in large tanks so they don't fight over space. But in this case, they are a "harem" or "group" from the start. Once they assert the female and alpha male, the rest fall in place with normal pecking order squabbles, but nothing to the death.

This has been done with juveniles from the same clutch a handful of times successfully, with few people having complete failures. What I'm doing is definitely new, with almost all completely different clowns. They are about the same age and same size, with one female in a bonded pair already, so hopefully she will easily assert her top spot and the rest will fall into place.

Really, no telling what will happen, but I'm going to let it run it's course a bit. But there are so many people around me that I can distribute the clowns to if this goes extremely badly.

Look up clown harem threads on forums like RC and R2R! It's really a mix of people in blind denial that things are going badly and ACTUAL success. Nobody has done this yet though, so let me be the first. I work from home almost every day, so I'm keeping a close eye on everything all the time.

I like your approach. Nature is amazing, and you never know what can happen. You also have a backup plan. I can't wait to see how this turns out. I love clowns lol

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

I like your approach. Nature is amazing, and you never know what can happen. You also have a backup plan. I can't wait to see how this turns out. I love clowns lol

Thanks yeah! In this case nature definitely didn't design these animals to be in anything less than an ocean, so it's even more unpredictable. I think it's important to be aware of what could happen, and to be responsible about it. I'm ready to take action and won't let things spiral out of control, so I hope that's humane/responsible enough to try it out.

• Like 3

Turned down my flow from 50x turnover to 30x. Since I didn't have any swimming fish, I couldn't really tell how brutal it was with the gyre. There's no dead spots, so no matter where the clowns were, they were swimming pretty damn hard. In my past tanks (like the ELOS) I had a ton of flow (60 - 80x turnover), but there were dead spots for my clowns to rest in (the other fish were anthias and a genicanthus bellus, so they didn't care). But I think I'll keep it at 30x until I have some SPS in there that'll diffuse it some. Seems good enough for now!

3 hours ago, kinetic said:

Thanks yeah! In this case nature definitely didn't design these animals to be in anything less than an ocean, so it's even more unpredictable. I think it's important to be aware of what could happen, and to be responsible about it. I'm ready to take action and won't let things spiral out of control, so I hope that's humane/responsible enough to try it out.

Good luck. When are you adding more BTAs?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, MockandRoll said:

Good luck. When are you adding more BTAs?

Thanks. Probably adding a CC Green Grape next week, but otherwise no plans just yet. I'm constantly looking out for something good. Maybe I'll save up for a colorado sunburst, flame tip, supernova, or something along those lines. Those are super expensive, so I'll probably wait a good long time before getting them in. 

• Like 1

Looking great. Your video, iPhone or camera? I have been playing with more iPhone videos and blown away with it. 

Clowns will be fine. You picked a few stunners!

-Dave

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jesseatam said:

I love your selection of clowns, they're going to look AMAZING as they mature. Especially excited to see how the mochas turn out.

Thanks! Yeah the mocha gladiators are really beautiful. The male is really dark, black almost on top, the female is a bit more mocha and light colored. Both look incredible. The fancy extreme and fancy are really nice too, their bands are really incredible.

4 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Looking great. Your video, iPhone or camera? I have been playing with more iPhone videos and blown away with it. 

Clowns will be fine. You picked a few stunners!

-Dave

The video was using my Sony RX1R2. I'm not very good at it. I was going to use my 3-axis stabilizer, but realized I left it at the office =X So it was pretty shakey.

Clowns still seem pretty happy. The little Fancy White Extreme is spunky. He is facing off with the big female all the time haha. 

• Like 1

Update:

Vivid fancy is being picked on quite a bit. I think because he's almost as big as the male mocha gladiator, whereas the others are way too small to pose a threat to the hierarchy. Might give away the vivid fancy and get a replacement at 1" instead of the 1.5" this guy is at.

My tank has gotten cloudier (it started getting cloudy last Sunday) and just got worse. I did a 15% water change yesterday, and then a 30% water change today. Despite the water changes, the water continues to get cloudier. I believe it's because I overdosed on NoPox last week. My nitrates were 25ppm and phosophates were 0.06ppm. Mid last week, the nitrates were down to 10ppm and phosphates down to 0.02ppm, with no water change between the readings, so definitely nopox was working, but the bacterial bloom definitely means I'm overdoing it. Today after the 30% water change, I'm down to something between 5 and 10ppm Nitrates, and still ate 0.02ppm of phosphates. Still 0 ammonia/0 nitrites as usual. So I think things should be OK, just bacterial bloom. I stopped dosing NoPox on Wednesday, but the bacteria is still going.

I ordered a small 9watt UV sterilizer that's coming on Monday, just in case this lasts too long. I'll get the water back in check, and then start dosing NoPox again, but I'm going to quarter the dosage to 1ml a day.

On 10/20/2017 at 1:30 PM, kinetic said:

Thanks! Yeah the mocha gladiators are really beautiful. The male is really dark, black almost on top, the female is a bit more mocha and light colored. Both look incredible. The fancy extreme and fancy are really nice too, their bands are really incredible.

The video was using my Sony RX1R2. I'm not very good at it. I was going to use my 3-axis stabilizer, but realized I left it at the office =X So it was pretty shakey.

Clowns still seem pretty happy. The little Fancy White Extreme is spunky. He is facing off with the big female all the time haha. 

Cool! I just picked up the same camera two weeks ago. :D

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Cool! I just picked up the same camera two weeks ago. :D

Yes Dave! This camera has changed my life. It's as essential to me as my wallet when going out and about. It's small enough too, but has all the power of a gigantic camera I need for an everyday carry. I have some REALLY fancy camera gear (for work), but I never bring those out unless I'm working. Fancy gear is more for show than anything else to be honest at this point ;)

I was battling quite the bacteria bloom the last week. over the weekend it was so bad, I couldn't see anything at all in the tank. 

October 23:
37175680463_0d277247cd_b.jpg

Right after that photo, did a 30 gallon water change, here's a photo with about 20-25 gallons out:
37175680313_3d1cf08ca7_b.jpg

October 23 after 30 gallon water change:
37864712832_8f55484818_b.jpg

October 24 around 7pm. 24-ish hours after water change and running 9watt UV:
24080542968_75063425ff_b.jpg

October 25 (today), at 11am:
24080541088_581457d24b_b.jpg

It's basically crystal clear now, two days after a huge water change + UV sterilizer. I'm going to leave the UV on for the week, and then take it offline to see what's up. I'll be doing small 5% water changes every other day and testing all parameters just in case.

I think a few factors helped:
1. No more dosing of anything (a week ago)
2. Gigantic water change (30g is a significant amount for my system)
3. UV Sterilizer
4. Maybe bacteria bloom was already on its way out?

Let's cross fingers that this is the end of the weeklong haze. It could be argued I could have waited a bit longer to see if it went away on its own without a UV, but hey, it worked?
  • Like 4
Updates:

Neptune VDM

Got the VDM installed to change the flow of my ReefOcto VarioS-4 return to setup feed cycles for anti-back siphoning and to see if I can get away with not needing to turn off my skimmer. Also good for fine tuning the return for the herbie style drain. The Red Sea drain valve isn't very good, so I'm just going to use the fine tuning from the Apex to get it nailed. I have a few issues right now. If you are an Apex genius, please help!

1. I setup a profile that sets Ramp intensity to 64%. But my Apex dashboard reads 38% intensity. If I set it to 60%, it shows 42%. It's almost showing the opposite +2%. What's going on?
  2. After feeding, this percentage is way off, and the flow is much lower than intended. In order for me to dial it back to, in this case, "38%" reading on the dashboard, I have to ramp it up to 70% for a few minutes, and then back down to 64%. What's going on? Should I change my profile to ramping down from 70% to 64% instead of just having it at 64% to start?
Profile: VarioS_Ret
Slow ramp over a minute after feeding
------
Ramp
Ramp Time: 1
Start Intensity: 20
End Intensity: 64
------

Profile: VarioS_Slow
This slows the flow down a lot, but not standstill
------
Ramp
Start Intensity: 10
End Intensity: 10
------

Profile: VarioS_Stop
This stops the flow to a standstill
------
Ramp
Start Intensity: 6
End Intensity: 6
------

Return outlet code:
------

Fallback ON
Set ON
------

Variable Speed code:
------
Fallback ON
Set VarioS_Ret
If FeedA 000 Then VarioS_Slow
If FeedB 000 Then VarioS_Stop
------

Neptune AFS

In anticipation of being out of town A LOT for work and Tahoe, I'm getting my AFS setup. It's currently setup to feed twice a day, on the lowest quantity setting, with one rotation. Once at 11:00 and once at 20:00. My lights come on around 10:30 and dims around 22:30, so I figure that might be a good spread. I might adjust the amount to come out a bit more, but we'll see how this goes for now. The fish eat up the food pretty quick. It's a mix of Sustainable Aquatics pellets and ON Reef Flakes.

I don't actually go into FeedA or FeedB modes, since I have the feeding station setup. I can leave everything full blast.

37343301544_33ab448652_b.jpg

The Circus

The clowns have been getting along quite well. The mocha gladiators don't bother any of the other clowns at all, other than inspecting them all and sometimes body checking them, but never nipping or chasing. One of the fancy white gladiators is a bit larger than the rest, and he does chase around all the other small males a bit, and tries to nip. I see a few bottom fins nipped on the small males, so I'm considering selling the larger fancy white gladiator if he keeps staying aggressive. I'll wait a few more days to see how things are.

I notice that everyone waits for the mocha gladiators (the largest bonded pair) to finish eating before going into the feeding ring. Pretty interesting.

Skimmer: NYOS Quantum 120

Swapped out the Simplicity 120 DC skimmer for a NYOS Quantum 120. 

Build quality: The NYOS is much heavier, so I don't need to hold down the skimmer body while adjusting things. The plastic/acrylic seems a bit thinner than the Simplicity, which isn't great. Feels like I could squeeze the cup hard enough when unscrewing to crack it. Otherwise, build quality is good. 

Sound: The NYOS is pretty quiet, but still loud. I guess I'm just being overly sensitive or have too high of standards for sound. The good thing is, the NYOS has a deep low hum, rather than the louder medium pitched sound of the Simplicity. Same decibels, but different pitch.

Performance: The Simplicity had to be tuned to skim extremely wet. I think it was just too oversized for the tank / sump water level. I had to close the wedge pipe completely and set the air silencer to produce fewer bubbles to get things to reach the cup. Not terrible, but just felt like it wasn't a good fit. The NYOS quantum has a much larger range, and a very nice fine tuning for the wedge pipe. I'm about halfway closed on the threads and it's skimming a bit darker than the Simplicity after a week of break in. I'll probably keep letting it skim wet for awhile, and tune it down a bit.

Overall: Happy with the NYOS! I'm going to stick with it. I heard Royal Exclusive is coming out with a really tiny Bubble King at some point. Might look into that and swap this out if that one is even quieter. I like tinkering (might not be good for the tank...), but I LOVE quiet. So I'll try to stop tinkering with stuff, but if I can find a quieter skimmer, I'll go for it.

Photos of it after I cleaned the cup today:

38052618901_0518fd0a1e_b.jpg

37343292184_b7c67680dc_b.jpg
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, kinetic said:
Updates:

Neptune VDM

Got the VDM installed to change the flow of my ReefOcto VarioS-4 return to setup feed cycles for anti-back siphoning and to see if I can get away with not needing to turn off my skimmer. Also good for fine tuning the return for the herbie style drain. The Red Sea drain valve isn't very good, so I'm just going to use the fine tuning from the Apex to get it nailed. I have a few issues right now. If you are an Apex genius, please help!

1. I setup a profile that sets Ramp intensity to 64%. But my Apex dashboard reads 38% intensity. If I set it to 60%, it shows 42%. It's almost showing the opposite +2%. What's going on?
  2. After feeding, this percentage is way off, and the flow is much lower than intended. In order for me to dial it back to, in this case, "38%" reading on the dashboard, I have to ramp it up to 70% for a few minutes, and then back down to 64%. What's going on? Should I change my profile to ramping down from 70% to 64% instead of just having it at 64% to start?
Profile: VarioS_Ret
Slow ramp over a minute after feeding
------
Ramp
Start Intensity: 20
End Intensity: 64
------

Profile: VarioS_Slow
This slows the flow down a lot, but not standstill
------
Ramp
Start Intensity: 10
End Intensity: 10
------

Profile: VarioS_Stop
This stops the flow to a standstill
------
Ramp
Start Intensity: 6
End Intensity: 6
------

Return outlet code:
------

Fallback ON
Set ON
------

Variable Speed code:
------
Fallback ON
Set VarioS_Ret
If FeedA 000 Then VarioS_Slow
If FeedB 000 Then VarioS_Stop
------

Neptune AFS

In anticipation of being out of town A LOT for work and Tahoe, I'm getting my AFS setup. It's currently setup to feed twice a day, on the lowest quantity setting, with one rotation. Once at 11:00 and once at 20:00. My lights come on around 10:30 and dims around 22:30, so I figure that might be a good spread. I might adjust the amount to come out a bit more, but we'll see how this goes for now. The fish eat up the food pretty quick. It's a mix of Sustainable Aquatics pellets and ON Reef Flakes.

I don't actually go into FeedA or FeedB modes, since I have the feeding station setup. I can leave everything full blast.

37343301544_33ab448652_b.jpg

The Circus

The clowns have been getting along quite well. The mocha gladiators don't bother any of the other clowns at all, other than inspecting them all and sometimes body checking them, but never nipping or chasing. One of the fancy white gladiators is a bit larger than the rest, and he does chase around all the other small males a bit, and tries to nip. I see a few bottom fins nipped on the small males, so I'm considering selling the larger fancy white gladiator if he keeps staying aggressive. I'll wait a few more days to see how things are.

I notice that everyone waits for the mocha gladiators (the largest bonded pair) to finish eating before going into the feeding ring. Pretty interesting.

Skimmer: NYOS Quantum 120

Swapped out the Simplicity 120 DC skimmer for a NYOS Quantum 120. 

Build quality: The NYOS is much heavier, so I don't need to hold down the skimmer body while adjusting things. The plastic/acrylic seems a bit thinner than the Simplicity, which isn't great. Feels like I could squeeze the cup hard enough when unscrewing to crack it. Otherwise, build quality is good. 

Sound: The NYOS is pretty quiet, but still loud. I guess I'm just being overly sensitive or have too high of standards for sound. The good thing is, the NYOS has a deep low hum, rather than the louder medium pitched sound of the Simplicity. Same decibels, but different pitch.

Performance: The Simplicity had to be tuned to skim extremely wet. I think it was just too oversized for the tank / sump water level. I had to close the wedge pipe completely and set the air silencer to produce fewer bubbles to get things to reach the cup. Not terrible, but just felt like it wasn't a good fit. The NYOS quantum has a much larger range, and a very nice fine tuning for the wedge pipe. I'm about halfway closed on the threads and it's skimming a bit darker than the Simplicity after a week of break in. I'll probably keep letting it skim wet for awhile, and tune it down a bit.

Overall: Happy with the NYOS! I'm going to stick with it. I heard Royal Exclusive is coming out with a really tiny Bubble King at some point. Might look into that and swap this out if that one is even quieter. I like tinkering (might not be good for the tank...), but I LOVE quiet. So I'll try to stop tinkering with stuff, but if I can find a quieter skimmer, I'll go for it.

Photos of it after I cleaned the cup today:

38052618901_0518fd0a1e_b.jpg

37343292184_b7c67680dc_b.jpg

Glad the nyos is worth it!. Clowns seem to have so much open space. What kind of nems are you going to do? I know previously you talked about a writer anemone.

19 minutes ago, Nickbruh510 said:

Glad the nyos is worth it!. Clowns seem to have so much open space. What kind of nems are you going to do? I know previously you talked about a writer anemone.

The open space feels really nice. Makes the tank feel even bigger than it is (especially with black background removed). I'm only running my Gyre at 30% tops, so the clowns are wandering quite a bit. Still no interest in the BTA ;)

I'm getting a H. magnifica (ritteri) either this or next week. Waiting on someone to ship me his! 3" at the base, purple base and tentacles with white tips. It'll be perfect for the tank. I have a flat piece of rock that I'm pulling phosphates out of now (lanathanum chloride dosing in a tub of RO/DI water). I think, however, the phosphates leeching out of that flat rock will actually be good for my macro algae reactor!

1 minute ago, kinetic said:

The open space feels really nice. Makes the tank feel even bigger than it is (especially with black background removed). I'm only running my Gyre at 30% tops, so the clowns are wandering quite a bit. Still no interest in the BTA ;)

I'm getting a H. magnifica (ritteri) either this or next week. Waiting on someone to ship me his! 3" at the base, purple base and tentacles with white tips. It'll be perfect for the tank. I have a flat piece of rock that I'm pulling phosphates out of now (lanathanum chloride dosing in a tub of RO/DI water). I think, however, the phosphates leeching out of that flat rock will actually be good for my macro algae reactor!

Sounds like a plan!! can't wait to see the rsr 170 with a writer. I had one a few years ago and it was fantastic!!! hopefully it is big enough for all your clowns

ohhh before i forget, what uv sterilizer have you used?. my water seems a bit cloudy so I'm thinking of running carbon or go with a uv sterilizer.

• Like 1