SaltCritters.com

IM Black 25 Lagoon

c_man7

7 minutes ago, Jruberti said:

Yeah, it's in my signature. I need to update with decent progress pictures though :(.

I just looked through it. I really like that aquascape. 

Tank is filled with new saltwater.

I need advice on transferring everything over. I will be adding dr. tims tonight and start the transfer tomorrow. Should I remove some water and just add all the old rock fish and corals or float them then add? I plan on scrubbing and removing algae from the old rock before adding to the new tank. Should I add some of the old tank water?

It's crazy how much water volume you lose when you add rocks sand and equipment. to fill the tank with all equipment and about half the rocks I was at almost exactly 25 gallons of water so after everything I maybe around 20 gallons of actual water. I guess I always just assumed a 20gallon tank held 20 gallons lol Never really thought about it or payed close attention. Dumb moment there. but now I know exactly how much water i'm working with will help in the future. 

Anyway any advice on transfer would be welcome.

Update everything is moved over. Most of the frags are just on the sand bed getting acclimated and will be moved over soon. Everything went over fine and opened up well after the first 1hr or so. My royal gramma decided he wanted the cave on the back left till my clowns decided they wanted it more and did a number on him. He hasn't eaten in the past couple days since the move and is being very lethargic but I'm monitoring him carefully. These are pics from the morning after the move. 

thumbnail (10).jpg

thumbnail (11).jpg

thumbnail (12).jpg

thumbnail (13).jpg

Found a nice size yellow watchman goby with great colors so I picked him up and added him yesterday.

He will most likely round out the stocking for the tank for now. Skimmer needs to rebreak in after a very thorough cleaning.

I added some Cheato to the fuge last night as well. Everything is looking great now.  

5a0071bc60bde_thumbnail(14).thumb.jpg.a7389cb31d99e2ad783ca6dd768c7854.jpg

thumbnail (15).jpg

thumbnail (16).jpg

thumbnail (17).jpg

I want to start mounting some of these frags on rocks. Whats everyone preferred putty to glue. I ususally super glue gel the smaller frags but some of the larger frags I want to use the 2 part. Also what does everyone use to take such good pictures. I have a galaxy s7 edge.

• 6 months later...