Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

IM Black 25 Lagoon

c_man7

After down grading from my overstocked softie invaded 40 gallon to a Fluval Evo 13.5 which has been running for a month or so. After attending MACNA and getting 1 to many of the buy 6 frag get 3 free deals. I'm way stocked to the max on corals. Perfect excuse to upgrade. I only have about 24"X24" space and I'm not big on cube tanks and I don't want to do an aio set up again. So I found the Black series from Innovative Marine. I've been finding sales or deals on all equipment so far and trying to save as much money as I can for livestock, since I'm wanting to do nicer pieces than the kenya tree, gsp, brown paly tank I had in the 40. Below is the planned set up. I've ordered a few things and have about $75 in Gift Certificates from Dr. Foster to use towards the tank.

Tank- Innovative Marine Black 25 Lagoon

Sump- Eshopps Nano Cube Refugium

Light- Ocean Revive t-247

Overflow- Eshopps Eclipse S 

Skimmer- SC Aquarium SCA-301

Heater- Ehiem Jager heater

Cooling- Clip on Nano Fan

Controller- Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper Lite

Fuge Light- Clip on light

ATO- Tunze Nano 

Return Pump- Jebao DCS-2000

Bulkhead- dual 3/4" Threaded

Lagoon 25 drawings.jpg

• Like 1

Wow.  I don't know how people create these drawings on a computer, but it's almost as good as the real thing!  I'm excited about you going with a 25 Fusion Black.  I wanted to do it, but chickened out with the tank drilling and whatnot so I picked up a CADLights 45 instead.  Rock is cycling now, but I'm still debating on returning everything to follow your route. 

Good luck!

Some updates tank is getting closer to being complete.

image.png

image.png

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

image.png

image.pngimage.png

Started working on the stand. The drawer will house my dj strip with switches inside will have all controllers on display.

image.png

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

1 hour ago, c_man7 said:

Started working on the stand. The drawer will house my dj strip with switches inside will have all controllers on display.

image.pngimage.png

I'm stoked to see that you're still working on this build!  I struggled to build a container to house the powerstrip and ended up making a box for it like yours - but you made a drawer that looks awesome.  It looks like you've put a lot of thought and effort in to this build, and it certainly shows. 

Can I offer some advice?  Draw a template for how the powerstrip and controllers will line up on your front door of the drawer.  Also, it's a super good idea to go ahead and route the cables through that drawer before you install the sump and all the extras down there.  It'll be a PIA later if you don't (I know).  You might consider making a hole in the back of the drawer to route the cables.  

I'll include a picture of my setup a day or so after I got the strip installed.  You should be able to read the model number I bought (if that helps).  

iGhb0e5.jpg

• Like 1

Started some paint and roughed in the plumbing. I really wish I could've fit unions right under the overflow, but there just isn't enough room. As far as electrical I have three 1 1/4" holes drilled with the desk grommets So It should be too confusing. Also Plan to run some split wire loom on any exposed wires. Let me know what you guys think. or any suggestions.

I need to chisel some more out on the top 2x4 so that I can fit the plumbing running down. All and all its finally starting to come together.

3 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

It's looking great.  I really appreciate how often you post pictures to show your progress. 

Thanks, I wanted to actually do a build thread this time around. Most of the time I take a picture of all of the equipment, then maybe on or two during the build then just end shots. Since I've been taking my time with this build, mostly do to work constraints I figured I'd go more in depth with this thread.

Anyway last two pieces of equipment are coming in Friday. 5g Trigger ATO container, Reefkeeper Lite. 

Still trying to decide if I want to do a reactor or not. 

In the process of setting up the new tank. My fluval 13.5 has been neglected some. Has some green hair and bubble algae growing in there, and my blasto isn't looking too happy but everything else looks to be doing well alot of my zoa's are taking off and I see a few new heads on one of my acan frags.

Sorry for the late update did a little work this past weekend. As well as getting the last few goodies needed to complete the build.

I have to touch up paint a few spots and move the tank to where is going before I can glue in plumbing. But that also means I have to move the

fluval out of the way a couple feet. Anyway take a look at the so pics.

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

thumbnail (6).jpg

• Like 1

Started my plumbing and dry fit and everything fit perfectly. Once I glued I guess I was able to push the pip further in so now my pipe that goes from the first 45 to the bulkhead on the over flow box wont line up properly and cause the overflow box to sit at an angle. I picked up a ft of spa flex and hopefully it will fix the problem and advice on gluing spa flex to a bulk head and pvc fitting?

Sorry for the delay. Finished plumbing and water tested friday and saturday night. Drained the tank Sunday dried it out to get ride of as much tap water as I could. Started wiring in all equipment besides what is transferring. Rinsed two 10lb bags of aragonite. I will add a 10lb bag of live sand half to the display half to the fuge, Then take a cup or two of sand from the other tank. I will start adding saltwater hopefully friday night let it run friday night and start transferring everything over from the fluval once temp and salinity match up.

Here's a few pics of where I'm at now

thumbnail (7).jpg

thumbnail (8).jpg

thumbnail (9).jpg

• Like 1

As far as stocking goes. 

Cleanup Crew

I have a few hermits 

a few various snails,

Serpant starfish

emerald crab

2 Peppermint shrimp

I'm thinking about ordering from reefcleaners. Everyone I see who orders says they always get way more than they picked.

Should I do a smaller pack then when I order?

Fish

2x clowns

Royal Gramma

I want to add 

HI Fin Shrimp goby (yellow rose goby)

Candy cane pistol shrimp for the goby.

Since you'll likely qualify for a free shipping if you order a package from RC, I'd just order a small batch, evaluate where you stand on a CUC, then place a 2nd order if you feel the need.  I recently placed an order with RC (a few weeks ago) and I don't recall getting way more snails than I ordered, but I only requested a quick crew for a 20 long, and I have a new 45G setup.  

4 minutes ago, TatorTaco said:

Since you'll likely qualify for a free shipping if you order a package from RC, I'd just order a small batch, evaluate where you stand on a CUC, then place a 2nd order if you feel the need.  I recently placed an order with RC (a few weeks ago) and I don't recall getting way more snails than I ordered, but I only requested a quick crew for a 20 long, and I have a new 45G setup.  

I've seen to reefers in my local club the past couple of weeks order for larger tanks and had bags of each snail. Maybe because it was for larger tanks and they are harder to count. 

7 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

You setup really is turning out awesome!

Thanks. I really wanted to make sure I did everything right this time around. So I'm taking my time and plan to try and make this tank more self sufficient. My past reef tank I made alot of rookie mistakes that kinda ruined the hobby for me. I felt like I was always battling some sort of problem. 

I had a 40 breeder with a cheap chinese black box. I bought a bunch of cheap palys and gsp which took over 90% of the tank. I had a toadstool that got huge 12" across which shadowed out alot of the tank. Skipped alot of maintenance so I had every kind of algae. Tank was severely over stocked. Coming from african cichlids. I had about 12 fish in that tank. It was horrible. So I decided to save some of the cleanest rock and my better looking/expensive coral. Throw them into a fluval 13.5. A few months later I got the itch to start over again and try and keep everything on the right track and not rush into it again.