SaltCritters.com

3G Pico Bowl

Kitkat67

5 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

Can you tell me where you bought 14 corals for less than $100?

Why did they charge you almost $500 in shipping/handling?

Ebay auctions. Each coral automatically has $35 shipping, but an invoice request adjusted it to $35 + $1 additional per coral

1 hour ago, Kitkat67 said:

Ebay auctions. Each coral automatically has $35 shipping, but an invoice request adjusted it to $35 + $1 additional per coral

Would you mind direct messaging me the seller?  I've been wanting to place a large order for several different zoas and lps all at one time.  The trick has been finding one or two sellers that have almost everything I want in one go.  Plus, that's incredible pricing.  

On 10/4/2017 at 5:15 PM, Kitkat67 said:

Is my ricordea splitting? I've noticed a new green spot (mouth) on the right side

20171004_162732.jpg

Not sure but that's a weird looking ricordea lol. Nice finds!

16 hours ago, Kitkat67 said:

Red chili looks much happier in its cave. I sneek a peek at it every night after lights are out

I spoke too soon. It fell out today. Looks like I will have to glue it. 

• Wow 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. The pro mode makes some really nice pics too big to upload here so I've just given up. Tank is doing great. I've added a skunk shrimp recently and found my missing yuma. My only concern is I am seeing a lot of bubble algae starting to pop up. Any way other than manual removal I can control it or get rid of it? Some magical unicorn snail that seeks and destroys bubble algae? It's pretty but I'm scared. 

20171102_181825.jpg

• Like 3
Christopher Marks

Manual removal of bubble algae is your best option, so long as you're careful to keep it in tact during removal! Anything that might naturally eat it won't be good at containment. Doing it during water changes it probably best.

If you're having trouble uploading your photos here, you might try another image host like Flickr.com. You can easily share Flickr photos here by pasting the Flickr photo page address into the editor here and it will automatically embed. Alternatively, you might find an app that can resize your camera images to be smaller before upload. Hope this helps :) 

• Like 3

FWIW, I used a spoon or a butter knife to get it off.  It'd float away and I'd try to capture it in the water column.  If you're as good/bad at it as I was, you could expect about a 50% success rate before you loose it.  :-(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New additions: molly, mini maxi nem, emerald crab

Losses: shrimp, torch, 

A lot of my algae is clearing up. Today I found a huge (huge for a 3 gallon) bristleworm. His name is Frankie

Mr Pasghetti the spaghetti worm, the gonis and zoas are going strong

DSC_0116.JPG

I've been fighting tank cloudiness for a week now. I've upped water changes to 90% but the tank clouds within a few hours to the point you can't see 2 inches in. I removed the filter media a long time ago but have added some polyfill to see if I need a better bacteria population in the tank or if it's precipitation from reef crystals. A=But now even with just plain non-reef salt has this instant-cloudiness happening.