Cultivated Reef

3G Pico Bowl

Kitkat67

Where are you getting your corals and do you plan on adding any fish? Also, watch out for disturbing palys too much in a small tank, I've experienced pissed off zoas/palys releasing palytoxin in a slime form, which not only irritated the other corals but can be deadly to humans. WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER BEING IN THE TANK!! Great little thread I will be following along!

They are in the current but it is not by any means a strong one.

Corals from petco and Ebay, no plans for fish, I do have one snail. I know about the palytoxin and don't put my hands in the tank any way because the water is to the rim, I have tweezers for working in there

There are a lot of shadowy areas due to the shape of the rock, which is now limiting where I can place coral. I am wondering if I should get more live rock to expand mid- and base-rock structure so that light reaches more surface area.SmartSelectImage_2017-09-12-15-59-19.thumb.png.a58e82afe925259266595bdea20de1ae.pngSmartSelectImage_2017-09-12-16-04-24.thumb.png.c0b3321fb4d280b1a0a17e0077dc37ca.png

2 hours ago, Kitkat67 said:

There are a lot of shadowy areas due to the shape of the rock, which is now limiting where I can place coral. I am wondering if I should get more live rock to expand mid- and base-rock structure so that light reaches more surface area.SmartSelectImage_2017-09-12-15-59-19.thumb.png.a58e82afe925259266595bdea20de1ae.pngSmartSelectImage_2017-09-12-16-04-24.thumb.png.c0b3321fb4d280b1a0a17e0077dc37ca.png

Probably not a bad idea.  If you get live rock or dry rock that's not super clean, I would cure it separately before adding it in.

Maybe it likes your tank better. I have heard of leathers changing colors depending on their mood. I personally don't own any leathers that have done this but if it keeps growing then you might be doing something right.