Coral Vue Hydros

100 Days of Nanos: Vote for Additional Prizes!

metrokat

51 minutes ago, metrokat said:

Pick a title for his category. Most bum leg?

best handicapable tank?

23 minutes ago, mrmikekim said:

haha thanks but looking at your tank i have no excuse....

It was a struggle for sure, especially in the beginning, but at least I had 2 solid legs to stand on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
8 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Sorry, I know it's all in fun, but FateX9 didn't really participate and more than doubled the budget. It is a beautiful tank though.

I agree. just didnt want to say it. lol

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Sorry, I know it's all in fun, but FateX9 didn't really participate and more than doubled the budget. It is a beautiful tank though.

I totally didn't pay attention to that! 

14 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

best handicapable tank?

It was a struggle for sure, especially in the beginning, but at least I had 2 solid legs to stand on.

Oh my goodness: HandiCapable:lol:

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Most not gonna follow the rules prize. Swedish fish.

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, gena said:
  • Most Enthusiasm: @Weetabix7 She's like the NR mom.  I think she was in every tank thread I looked at.  Giving advice and encouragement.  You rock :flower:.

"NR mom, lol, this is really funny because it is so true :lol:

@Weetabix7, you are the best!

• Like 5
9 hours ago, lkoechle said:
  • Struggle Bus: Who had the most issues getting their tank off the ground, or didn’t at all? If we could all tell that your tank build was an uphill battle (in the snow, both ways!), you deserve a medal. Or a cookie. Or a Struggle Bus prize! @Mariaface hands down.  SeaFurn had a lot of trouble.  But my goodness, that bacteria.  I would've just thrown in the towel.  So, make that tank a TOTM next year, Maria.  What a story that would be! :lol:

• Best Growth: 100 days isn’t enough to get lush coral growth, but it sure gets you on your way! This category is for a tank that showed the most noticeable growth progression, where the contestant was able to document their tank growing from a simple rock scape to a busy reef garden anyone would be jealous of! @spectra lots of macros.  He claims no water changes... But... my nitrates are definitely high enough and my macros don't look that good.  

• Best Photography: We all know the golden ratio - but which of these contestants produced the most pleasing photos? Turning down those Orbit Marine blues for the audience’s viewing is a considerate step; let’s see whose FTS and inhabitant photos we enjoyed the most! @coralcousins wonderful crisp shots.  I love the last one of the sexy.

• Most Colorful: It can’t all be green and blue! Let us know which of the contestants gave us a bouquet of colors - a rainbow, even! Maybe orange isn’t your favorite color, but it definitely pops against blue and purple! @Addinali it's not quite going yet, but the palette has been laid with the red sponge, green corals, pink xenia and zoas.

• Most Enthusiasm: The winner in this category is That Person. The one that cheers everyone on, enjoys the competition, and pops into threads to keep everyone going! Vote for the person you thought was most enthusiastic about this tank journey we all followed! @Weetabix7 and @Lula_Mae  Seriously, you guys should both win.  Y'all are so encouraging, its so nice.  You both know how to make someone feel truly special even though I'm sure we're all equally special in your eyes. Like Santa Claus lol  

• Most GHA/pests: Let’s face it, it’s not all rose corals and dragon’s breath hitchhikers! Some of us had an uphill battle with pests, whether plant or animal! If you want to commend someone for putting up with pests in their tank and documenting it for us, vote for them here! @SeaFurn similar with Maria.  Nope, wouldn't have stuck it out. lol

I have done one water change in the 100 day period.............only reason the macros went sexual and had a cloud in there :lol: so I had to.............otherwise yeah I probably would have not done one.......

I have a bunch of macros in my 100 gallon set up also and to be honest that tank has had 2 water changes done at maybe 40 gallons total........I do need to do another as detritus is in the sump and needs to be cleaned out........macros are great if you ask me.

and thanks for the vote ;)

• Like 5
15 hours ago, metrokat said:

Most not gonna follow the rules prize. Swedish fish.

Are those reef safe? :lol:

Thanks to all the kind votes for me. :blush: I just got home from work so I will have to sleep and think before I contribute lol.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Are those reef safe? :lol:

Thanks to all the kind votes for me. :blush: I just got home from work so I will have to sleep and think before I contribute lol.

Well, if you were considering dosing sugar for carbon dosing...

• Haha 5

OK, since this is casual open voting here's my take:

Struggle Bus:  @Mariaface - I have now removed all air fresheners and sprays from my house!  Great job sticking in there!

Best Growth:  @spectra  - tank filled in so nicely he couldn't even find his beloved Q-fish most of the time! 

Best Photography: @coralcousins - loved those blacked-out FTS;s  The aquascape was pretty awesome too.

Most Colorful: @spectra- This obviously was the contest that highlighted how colorful macros and gorgs can be and his ranked right up there with the best.

Most Enthusiasm: The @Addinali kids!  You could see it in their faces.  Thanks for sharing their enthusiasm with us. I think they probably learned a lot with this experience as well and I hope you continue to foster the love of the hobby with them.  

Most GHA/pests: I feel little funny about nominating myself but gonna do it because of those GD fire worms.  So frustrating and maddening.  I even had a dream the other night there were still 20+ huge ones crawling around in the tank. 

Some additional categories:

Most Grandiose Original Plan: @Coral_chef - for the newbie with a mandarin plan!  I thought you had lost your mind at the time!  I really enjoyed following your tank and I really liked all your IG posts.  Love your latest coral additions.  I think the tank is gonna look great.

Hottest Tank:  @luu78 - The Boston heat wave in June sounded like quite a challenge with your 83 degree recorded tank temp even after 3 bags of ice as top-off.  Yikes. I still wonder what it was before that? 

Best Fish Name: @spectra - "Qbertavertasaurusrex"  What the...??

Most Aggressive Shrimps: @luu78 - who knew that white spot anemone shrimp pair was gonna terrorize all your nems?

That Tank Is Amazing!/Where Have You Been?: @FateX9 - When I saw your last FTS I about fell outta my chair!  I would have loved to have read about all that's gone into that tank.  Keep us posted with more FTS's as it progresses.  

Most Anticipated Posts: @stellablue - for the daily Where's Bubba?  Miss him.

Best Looking Stand: @Pjanssen - Absolutely amazing.  And inside the tank was a masterpiece!

Most Challenging Tank: @lkoechle - I gotta give it to you - that TB package was amazing and chock full of stuff that you had to figure out how to keep alive.  You did an outstanding job learning about all of it and how to care for it and should be proud!

Congratulations everyone!  It's been fun!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
jedimasterben

So in summary, votes so far are as follows:

• Struggle bus
  1.  Mariaface - 8 votes (Pjanssen, lkoechle, stellablue, cju84, lkoechle, gena, mrmikekim, SeaFurn)

• Best growth
  1.  spectra - 6 votes (Mariaface, stellablue, lkoechle, gena, mrmikekim, SeaFurn)

• Best photography
  1.  coralcousins - 7 votes (Mariaface, TILTON, cju84, lkoechle, gena, mrmikekim, SeaFurn)
  2.  FateX9 - 1 vote (stellablue)

• Most Colorful
  1.  spectra - 4 votes (TILTON, Pjanssen, stellablue, SeaFurn)
  2.  Addinali - 1 vote (lkoechle)
  3.  SeaFurn - 1 vote (gena)

• Most enthusiasm
  1.  SeaFurn - 2 vote (Mariaface, mrmikekim)
  2.  Addinali (kids) - 1 vote (SeaFurn)

• Most GHA/pests
  1.  Mariaface - 1 vote (TILTON,
  2.  SeaFurn - 3 votes (Pjanssen, stellablue, lkoechle, 
  3.  luu78 - 1 vote (gena, 

Then we also have some additional categories for the lulz

• Most bum leg :D
  1.  mrmikekim - ALL THE VOTES

• Most not gonna follow the rules :lol:
  1.  FateX9  - YOU SPENT HOW MUCH

• Nano-reef.com's mom
  1.  Weetabix7 - literally every person EVER

And SeaFurn's additional categories are great too :lol:  Don't forget to get your votes in!

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Struggle bus- Mariaface

Best growth- MarineReefKeeper

Photography- CoralCousins

Colorful- Spectra

Enthusiasm- Addinali

Most pest- Seafurn

These are my votes each tank and or contestant just spoke to me. Seriously this contest absolutely was so much fun to follow. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Got a chance to do this so I'm tossing in my votes for whatever they are worth.

• Struggle Bus: Maria.  Let's face it, the Bacteria of Doom would be enough to put any of us off of reefing forever!  Runner up: SeaFurn because fire worms are the debil.

• Best Growth: From empty beer cans to lush reef, I agree that spectra's reef showed a lot of growth in 100 days!  Those macro clippings filled in nicely!

• Best Photography: CoralCousins did have very professionally framed shots.  I also thought lkoechle's was nice, especially with the added visual interest of a mirror in the background!

• Most Colorful: I thought lkoechle had a very colorful tank, especially with those sponges just giving that visual pop!  Stella and pjanssen also had very colorful tanks.  Yay macros!

• Most Enthusiasm: Even though I made a concerted effort to follow all the contest tanks, I feel very weird about nominating myself.  So I nominate Weetie!  Who I also nominate for N-R Mom.  I also nominate Addinali's kids because you can clearly see in the pics how much they are loving it!

• Most GHA/pests: Two words: SeaFurn.  Fire worms.  Okay, maybe three words.  You get the point!

Other categories: 

One-handed wonder--this, of course, goes to pjanssen as she had to do most all of this contest one-handed! 

Most creative carbon dosing--goes to spectra because between his fantastic macro growth and all the mention of beer, I put two and two together. 

Sleeping beauty--this goes to jedimasterben--remember the sticky note everyone got to put inside their tanks at the beginning? 

Best cat mom--even after losing her beloved Bogi (and we know she was a fantastic mom to him), Kat has opened her home up to new little kittens for fostering. 

Best daily posts--we all miss Stella's "Where's Bubba?" posts, because they were awesome! 

Best hitchhikers--lkoechle got three fish, a bunch of crabs, and all kinds of neat things on her live rock and sand! 

Cutest theme--I loved pjannsen's Honeymoon theme and thought it was super cute!  She also wins Best Stand in my opinion. 

Best artwork--Stella's paintings are the bomb.

That's all I could come up with for now lol.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Sorry I'm late.... We have been very busy as a family.

Struggle bus- Mariaface

Best growth- Spectra

Photography- CoralCousins

Colorful- SeaFurn

Enthusiasm- I'm going to vote me because the person who was the most Enthusiasm already won one of the big prizes.

Most pest- Luu78

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, metrokat said:

Happy Monday! We are waiting on one of the sponsors to pick the contestant that wins their item. And then it's PICO TIME!!!

:lol:

FTFY. ;)

:lol:

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic