Weetabix7

How To DIY Insulated Shipping Pouches

I've had frags shipped with heat seals only to receive a drenched box(one ended up costing me 600$ from DOA). If your using a small flat rate box you can still fit several small 3 inch shipping bags in there tied at the top. and double bagged for a much lower chance of leaking. Ive shipped zoa packs that way in 2 day flat rate as well as chaeto. I even toss in a heat pack for good measure.

19 hours ago, rock_lobster said:

I've had frags shipped with heat seals only to receive a drenched box(one ended up costing me 600$ from DOA). If your using a small flat rate box you can still fit several small 3 inch shipping bags in there tied at the top. and double bagged for a much lower chance of leaking. Ive shipped zoa packs that way in 2 day flat rate as well as chaeto. I even toss in a heat pack for good measure.

Did you read the whole post?

There are like 4-5 heat seals and multiple bags in between the water and the package with this method. If all those fail then it wasn't actually heat sealed.

2 hours ago, themummra said:

Did you read the whole post?

There are like 4-5 heat seals and multiple bags in between the water and the package with this method. If all those fail then it wasn't actually heat sealed.

Ya your right looks like 3 different heat seals. should be good enough. 

How I just shipped a pack out..

99F30C71-6614-415F-B8E2-7DED9B2319E9.thumb.jpeg.c531c4816d600af68133a8379afa78f2.jpeg

C40A7E51-51C2-4456-80E2-66077F39C182.thumb.jpeg.a89953a6350b6750b81199e1342df264.jpeg

i have 3 empty cups against the heat pac..

this is being used in a trade, so I’ll get it all back

• Like 1

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions