Pod Your Reef

cannot blink up with nanobox duo plus M?

archie1

Hi I just recieved my duo plus M today, I followed the set up video, but am stuck on the blink up part.

I tried with samsung s5 phone with full brightness.
tried with iphone 6

tried to connect it to 5g connection and 2.4g connection

nothing seems to work, half of the time nothing happens, (no light on the card)

and half of the time it keep on Searching for WiFi network’ (long red flash followed by two short red flashes)

on the ipone the app will tell me blink faild and return me to the login screen

on the samsung it will just be stuck on configuring and nothing happens.

I'v also tried selecting the legacy blinkup mode (on the samsung phone)

please halp

I had issues initially when it crashed on me, but got it working today since I received mine as well. Make sure it is definitely on the 2.4 ghz connection just to sort of rule out the variable of whether or not it can work with the 5 ghz. I know some imp controllers apparently can, but I just didn't want to figure that out . When you plug in the power to the lights and do you see the little white SD card blinking amber as if it's searching for a wifi network? Make sure you're connected to the same wifi and have the same password etc because I just verified all settings to make sure. Furthermore, if you did get it to sort of configure one time, make sure you clear the controller before trying one more time by clicking clear and flashing the SD card again. Then do it again. I had to eject the little imp SD card and plug it in again before it started blinking for me. Good luck!

5 minutes ago, Hauntser said:

make sure you clear the controller before trying one more time by clicking clear and flashing the SD card again.

There are no clear button for me.. it is just a white sd card sticking out of a hole on the side of a black box.

15038014569422102839029.jpg

Simulated Fish

You need to install the bluefish app and the settings are in the app.

1 hour ago, archie1 said:

There are no clear button for me.. it is just a white sd card sticking out of a hole on the side of a black box.

Simulated Fish

Once logged in go-to the settings cog, wifi set up, clear device settings. It will go into a blink up mode to wipe the sd setting Dave used to test the light. Then you can blink up.

1 hour ago, archie1 said:

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Hauntser said:

have you been able to get into the app yet? Can you eject that card or no?

I can get into the app to as far as blinkup stage. It says "Blinkup data not found" then I can pick cancel which take me back to the log in screen, or click blinkup, which leads me to the problems.

I can eject the card yes.

6 minutes ago, Hippieheadshot said:

I cannot get past the blinkup part.

Simulated Fish
Just now, archie1 said:

I can get into the app to as far as blinkup stage. It says "Blinkup data not found" then I can pick cancel which take me back to the log in screen, or click blinkup, which leads me to the problems.

I can eject the card yes.

I cannot get past the blinkup part.

Sorry I edited my post, on mobile so I sent it early. 

Once logged in go-to the settings cog, wifi set up, clear device settings. It will go into a blink up mode to wipe the sd setting Dave used to test the light. Then you can blink up.

Also if you pulled the card without releasing the SD lock then the SD card will get power but not fully connect to the pins.

The correct way to remove the SD is to PUSH it and it will spring out, if you already pulled it out wrong then you will need push it in and apply light pressure the get it past the locking spring. I did this a few weeks ago by mistake and had the same issue as you. Be careful not to damage the SD slot.

So it's similar to what happened to me. This is what I did I made sure everything was correct wifi password and only 2.4 ghz network used and that my device was on the same network. Then i logged back into the app where i started configuration. I clicked my wifi retyped my password using "show password" Then i backed out and at the bottom of that screen there should be a little white option that says clear wifi data, i hit that and flashed the end of the SD card to try and get it to go back to factory. It should go green and then I would eject the card and insert it one more time. At this point, it should be flashing amber, then I hit the wifi I was going to use verify one more time, then Flashed the card with the wifi at the end of the card. At this point it should flash a bunch of times and become green at some point. Then I was able to log in after this set up. If you continue to have issues look at the blue fish controller site and see if you can see what the LED flash is telling you. They have error codes and gifs to match what your're seeing. 

11 minutes ago, Hippieheadshot said:

11 minutes ago, Hauntser said:

Then i backed out and at the bottom of that screen there should be a little white option that says clear wifi data, i hit that and flashed the end of the SD card to try and get it to go back to factory. It should go green and then I would eject the card and insert it one more time. At this point, it should be flashing amber, then I hit the wifi I was going to use verify one more time, then Flashed the card with the wifi at the end of the card. At this point it should flash a bunch of times and become green at some point. Then I was able to log in after this set up.

This did the trick! :lol:

you guys rock! that was such a weird step, I would not have figured it out myself lol.

On the topic of first time set up, would I just select the nano box preset? or should i be playing around with custom settings? (I have no idea what kind of spectrum i would need for what)

• Like 1

I selected the nano box preset and what set up you had, and played around with different settings so far and i set my length of day and everything so its ready for tomorrow. For me, some I'm not quite sure how many channels im supposed to have, but the lights are super nice!

Edit: Found my issue with the channels, just in case anyone reads this later, I'm glad everything worked out for you and the bluefish website user guide is super helpful in figuring out good settings to play with. The fun part is playing now haha. 

Edited by Hauntser
Found my Solution
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, archie1 said:

This did the trick! :lol:

you guys rock! that was such a weird step, I would not have figured it out myself lol.

On the topic of first time set up, would I just select the nano box preset? or should i be playing around with custom settings? (I have no idea what kind of spectrum i would need for what)

Glad all is working and my apologies on you not getting the automated guide email. Sending again now as it has good info! 

8 hours ago, Hauntser said:

I selected the nano box preset and what set up you had, and played around with different settings so far and i set my length of day and everything so its ready for tomorrow. For me, some I'm not quite sure how many channels im supposed to have, but the lights are super nice!

Edit: Found my issue with the channels, just in case anyone reads this later, I'm glad everything worked out for you and the bluefish website user guide is super helpful in figuring out good settings to play with. The fun part is playing now haha. 

Thanks for the update. Let me know if you need any other help!

8 hours ago, Hippieheadshot said:

Thank you for helping out!

• 3 years later...

Sorry for hopping on an old thread, but it’s a new problem for me.  Same as above..can’t blinkup with this duo unit that I purchased used today from another reefer.  I know it works, he demonstrated it for me before I left his house.  I have tried the app on my iPad and the galaxy phone.  I am not sure how to ensure that I am on 2.4.  I don’t get that screen that allows me to select the network that I want to connect to.    
screenshots attached.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  Aaron

E3E06EF4-B20F-4E53-93E3-C8A6483C510E.png

2E9F5AD4-3C9D-4C4A-88A3-177AD6E0693B.png

648BF1E0-EFF2-490F-8450-E32E02312F0D.png

FB949BB4-4333-46F1-80C9-69684FA51854.png

NoOneLikesADryTang
23 minutes ago, Rokngee said:

Sorry for hopping on an old thread, but it’s a new problem for me.  Same as above..can’t blinkup with this duo unit that I purchased used today from another reefer.  I know it works, he demonstrated it for me before I left his house.  I have tried the app on my iPad and the galaxy phone.  I am not sure how to ensure that I am on 2.4.  I don’t get that screen that allows me to select the network that I want to connect to.    
screenshots attached.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  Aaron

E3E06EF4-B20F-4E53-93E3-C8A6483C510E.png

2E9F5AD4-3C9D-4C4A-88A3-177AD6E0693B.png

648BF1E0-EFF2-490F-8450-E32E02312F0D.png

FB949BB4-4333-46F1-80C9-69684FA51854.png

I had to delete and re-set up my whole WiFi to only have 2.4 on, so my nanobox would connect.