Pod Your Reef

Cju84's new IM Fusion 20 gallon (updated 1/3/2019)

cju84

Finally did it after a few days!  Onyx clown hasn't yet gone in and the anem on the right is pissed after screwing with powerhead placement yesterday.  

20170903_102334 (1).jpg

3 minutes ago, gena said:

:happydance:

That is one of the happiest sights in nature, if you ask me!!!!

I agree!  Happy he has a place to chill and sleep finally :)

• Like 6
25 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

That's great to see! You've really transformed this tank into something great @cju84!

Thanks much!  So happy he finally got comfortable with it.  Now the onyx clown needs to follow suit!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, cju84 said:

Finally did it after a few days!  Onyx clown hasn't yet gone in and the anem on the right is pissed after screwing with powerhead placement yesterday.  

20170903_102334 (1).jpg

I agree!  Happy he has a place to chill and sleep finally :)

Meatball...in tentacles that vaguely resemble spaghetti!  Spaghetti and Meatball! :lol:

Don't mind me, not enough sleep makes me goofy lol. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 9/4/2017 at 3:07 PM, cju84 said:

When you're waiting on epoxy and super glue to come and you own an urchin...

20170904_140538.jpg

:lol: this cracks me up! And yay for Meatball! I tried a nem in my 40g, and one of my clowns got into it for one day over a four month period. And then the nem died. Apparently anemones and me just don't get along.

I love that last FTS under the daylight settings! You've done a great job with this tank, and I'm super jealous of the great deal you got :P

3 hours ago, teenyreef said:

:lol: this cracks me up! And yay for Meatball! I tried a nem in my 40g, and one of my clowns got into it for one day over a four month period. And then the nem died. Apparently anemones and me just don't get along.

I love that last FTS under the daylight settings! You've done a great job with this tank, and I'm super jealous of the great deal you got :P

Thank you!  That's too bad about your anem.  I'm not too confident that mine are going to make it either after messing with a powerhead for a day, so we'll see.

The urchin is something else.  A one person clean up crew for real (if only it moved quicker).  Picks up everything!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, cju84 said:

Thank you!  That's too bad about your anem.  I'm not too confident that mine are going to make it either after messing with a powerhead for a day, so we'll see.

The urchin is something else.  A one person clean up crew for real (if only it moved quicker).  Picks up everything!

:o

Yours wandered????

2 minutes ago, gena said:

:o

Yours wandered????

No... I'm probably over reacting :)  Anems stayed put and their colors look good.  They've just been much more shriveled/deflated since I added a powerhead a few days ago (I've since removed it).  Hoping they're just a bit pissed off.

6 minutes ago, cju84 said:

No... I'm probably over reacting :)  Anems stayed put and their colors look good.  They've just been much more shriveled/deflated since I added a powerhead a few days ago (I've since removed it).  Hoping they're just a bit pissed off.

Oh ok...good.  I thought the anemones messed with the powerhead!!!!!  I'm sure they'll be fine...stop worrying :).

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, gena said:

I see your new candy cane/trumpets :D.

I couldn't resist!  I hope they grow in this tank like they did in my 5g.  We'll see how good the Nanobox LED really is :) 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • cju84 changed the title to Cju84's new IM Fusion 20 gallon (new fish added 9/30/17)
  • 3 weeks later...

If you are still looking for flow without a bulky power head you might want to consider a gyre. The flow is massive, with only one slender piece of equipment in the tank. 

Maxspect 150 is out there and the IceCap 3k gyre. I note a 2k gyre is due for release in December 2017. 

• 2 months later...