Coral Vue Hydros

Cju84's new IM Fusion 20 gallon (updated 1/3/2019)

cju84

Added a few more corals over from my crowded 5 gallon (palys, frogspawn).  Definitely need more flow in this tank.

I'm obsessed with these new Acans.  They're about half dollar size today!

20170830_135830.jpg

20170830_135738.jpg

• Like 6

Where's the "love" button???? :lol:   Wow....looks even better than before!!!!!  Those blastos look like the ones that Legendary Corals sells.  I think they are called Blueberry or something like that.  So pretty!!!! 

I see why you love those acans too.  So Poooofy :D.  Even your ricordeas are poooofy.  Nice work!!!!

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, gena said:

Where's the "love" button???? :lol:   Wow....looks even better than before!!!!!  Those blastos look like the ones that Legendary Corals sells.  I think they are called Blueberry or something like that.  So pretty!!!! 

I see why you love those acans too.  So Poooofy :D.  Even your ricordeas are poooofy.  Nice work!!!!

Haha thanks so much!  First time owning blastos, ricordeas, and acans and I'm obsessed with them.  Now I'm trying to figure out if I should spot feed the acans/blastos/ricordeas or just leave them be.  What do you think??

I might move over some Houdini Palys from my 5 gallon just to clean it up some.  I'd love for all the rocks on the left to eventually be covered in Palys.  Let's hope they grow!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, cju84 said:

Haha thanks so much!  First time owning blastos, ricordeas, and acans and I'm obsessed with them.  Now I'm trying to figure out if I should spot feed the acans/blastos/ricordeas or just leave them be.  What do you think??

I might move over some Houdini Palys from my 5 gallon just to clean it up some.  I'd love for all the rocks on the left to eventually be covered in Palys.  Let's hope they grow!

First time?????  You waited tooo long for that LOL.  Those are all some of my favorites.  You can spot feed all three.  THey all take to food being given to them.  Even the ricordea...it's funny to watch ricordea eat :lol:.  I would try once a week.  See how they do with that.  I always use frozen mysis but you can do pellets too.  Probably anything really.  As long as it can fit in their mouths.

I'm sure they will all grow.  And grow and grow and grow :happydance:.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gena said:

First time?????  You waited tooo long for that LOL.  Those are all some of my favorites.  You can spot feed all three.  THey all take to food being given to them.  Even the ricordea...it's funny to watch ricordea eat :lol:.  I would try once a week.  See how they do with that.  I always use frozen mysis but you can do pellets too.  Probably anything really.  As long as it can fit in their mouths.

I'm sure they will all grow.  And grow and grow and grow :happydance:.

I know!  I don't know what I was thinking.  Only so much room in the 5 g I guess :)

Regarding the pellets.  I have always fed my clown Formula One pellets (they're pretty tiny).  Can I feed those to the corals or do I need Reef Roids/Coral Frenzy (or similar)?  I much would prefer to use pellets, assuming they use them over mysis.  

1 minute ago, cju84 said:

I know!  I don't know what I was thinking.  Only so much room in the 5 g I guess :)

Regarding the pellets.  I have always fed my clown Formula One pellets (they're pretty tiny).  Can I feed those to the corals or do I need Reef Roids/Coral Frenzy (or similar)?  I much would prefer to use pellets, assuming they use them over mysis.  

hahaha...yeah, not much room in a 5 gallon.

Use those pellets!  That's way better for them than reef roids powdery stuff.   Pellets are way more filling :).

10 minutes ago, gena said:

hahaha...yeah, not much room in a 5 gallon.

Use those pellets!  That's way better for them than reef roids powdery stuff.   Pellets are way more filling :).

Thanks again!  Just placed some on top of them with my hand.  They definitely took to them.  The hermits, skunk, and peppermint shrimp apparently didn't want the corals to eat.... Gave them a bit separately so they'd leave them alone.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, cju84 said:

Thanks again!  Just placed some on top of them with my hand.  They definitely took to them.  The hermits, skunk, and peppermint shrimp apparently didn't want the corals to eat.... Gave them a bit separately so they'd leave them alone.

That's great!  I've read LPS only need to eat once a week or you can have issues.  Mine usually catch food at every feeding though.  I don't feed every head though.  Too many heads for that :lol:.

48 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

What a deal you got!  It's looking great already!  I really like those blastos :) They're my favorite coral to feed.

Thanks a lot!

It was time for my clown, Meatball, to move from the 5 gallon pico to the 20 g IM Fusion.  He (probably actually a "she") also got himself a tank mate, currently unnamed.  They've been inseparable since both were put in the tank yesterday.

20170830_200631 (1).jpg

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, gena said:

Love the name :).  Is Meatball the black and white?

Thanks!  Meatball is the orange one.  Black/white one is the new fish.  I'm guessing Meatball is probably female being solo in a tank for 3 years.  He/she's about 3" long or so.  The other one is slightly smaller.  Wonder if both are females?  Regardless, they follow each other everywhere.  Hopefully they'll make their way into the anems so they have a restful place to sleep :)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, cju84 said:

Thanks!  Meatball is the orange one.  Black/white one is the new fish.  I'm guessing Meatball is probably female being solo in a tank for 3 years.  He/she's about 3" long or so.  The other one is slightly smaller.  Wonder if both are females?  Regardless, they follow each other everywhere.  Hopefully they'll make their way into the anems so they have a restful place to sleep :)

Sounds like they both consider themselves male at this point.  You should start taking bets on who will become the boss LOL.  I'm going for the black and white....that one looks like a bad ass :lol:

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, gena said:

Sounds like they both consider themselves male at this point.  You should start taking bets on who will become the boss LOL.  I'm going for the black and white....that one looks like a bad ass :lol:

I'll give it a few days before I make my bet.  The orange one was pretty aggressive in the 5 gallon whenever I was cleaning/feeding.  He/she explored much more quickly than the black/white one once in the new tank, so I'm leaning towards the orange one, Meatball.  

However, the black/white (onyx?) may be slow playing his/her hand...

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Will the black and white one be called "Spaghetti" or "Noodle" or "Sauce?" :lol:

Ok this is too weird.  My partner insists that we call the black/white one "spaghetti."  I told her I wasn't a fan haha.

Edit:  We also have two orange cats, named Spatula and Sushi respectively.  We're weird.

• Haha 2

Well, the other option is "Swedish" which is kind of weird for a name lol.  It's just gotta be something that works with Meatball!

I like your cat names.  They're hilarious!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, hinnenkm said:

Awesome looking tank and great pictures! It seems like your having a lot of fun with it and it is neat to see the progress. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the kind words!  

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, gena said:

:wub:

You can DO it, Meatball :D.

He just did it!!  Now the other hasn't paid any attention and there is a very pissed off anem (the right one) but Meatball did it!

20170903_102413.jpg

• Like 5
  • cju84 changed the title to Cju84's new IM Fusion 20 gallon (new fish added 9/30/17)