Cultivated Reef

Mud 'n Bugs 'n Macro for Sale!!!

Weetabix7

It's time for a Mud 'n Bugs 'n Macro sale so I can share some of the Coolness from my MacGyver Slinky Dream Tank!!

Anyone who has followed that tank knows that it is strong with Macroalgae and Microfauna & that will be reflected here. 

I have deliberately sized all of the portions so that I'll be able to fit them in a small Priority Flat Rate box to keep shipping costs down. 

I'll ship in my own custom DIY Insulated Pouches and sealed bags, and shipping cost will be $8. 

I can ship out M-W of next week or the following week, your choice. 

Feel free to message me with any questions you might have.

First up are Pico & Nano sized Refugium Starters and Mud. 

These are the perfect size for HOB Refugium or if you want to seed existing setups to increase Microfauna. 

There was a baby Stomatella in the Chaeto I pulled out to take a pic for this, and there are definitely Pods, baby featherdusters & other cool critters in there. 

The live sand comes from my tank, and is a mix of sand that was originally dry mixed with live sand from Inland Aquatics and Gulf Coast Ecosystems. 

The Mud is extra Fiji Mud that I didn't need for my tank and has been refrigerated since opening the package to preserve what's in it. 

The Mud can be mixed with sand or can be dosed in tanks at a rate of 1 teaspoon for 100 gallons to get the benefits from it. 

This mud contains all of the essential minerals & trace elements that are found in the sea in their natural state & composition. 

It encourages Macroalgae and Microfauna growth and has been shown to reduce or heal HLLE in fish. 

Here's a pic of the Refugium Starter (chaeto & live sand) and Mud exactly as I will be shipping it:

P1070208

Refugium starter-- $12

includes 1/2 lb of Live Sand and approx 2/3 cup of microfauna rich Chaeto

Mud-- $2

includes 1/3 lb of Fiji Mud

The Stomatella Snails in the tank have been making lotsa babies, so I'm offering some for sale. Some of these babies have really pretty & unique shell patterns, and will also reproduce in the tank as they mature. They're amazing at keeping film and pest algae off of Macros, and are very industrious cleaners of small crevices. 

Here's one of the pretty babies:

P1070086

Baby Stomatella Snails, 3 babies for $4

When I recently added some Cladophora Macroalgae to my system, I learned that Microfauna LOVE this stuff!!! They love to burrow down in it and just live inside of it. Micro Stars, Pods, Bristleworms, you name it. It's extremely easy to care for and doesn't seem to be invasive at all, since it doesn't put down roots. 

Here's the Cladophora in my tank, you can see the critters like it:

P1070105

I can't guarantee what critters might be in it since the cuttings are smaller, but a ball of this all by itself makes for a great refuge for Microfauna to populate in your tank. 

Cladophora Microfauna Mini-Condo-- $3

includes golf ball size cutting of Cladophora

I have a little bit of Grape Caulerpa and Botryocladia available also. The Grape Caulerpa is the green bubbly one and the Botryocladia is the red bubbly one in the pic below:

P1070190

Grape Caulerpa, med. size portion-- $5

Red Botryocladia-- $5 for smaller piece, $6 for medium one

Anyone purchasing from this thread also has the option to add some Mystery Macro to their order for $2. 

I have several smaller pieces of Macro that have broken off as I've been moving everything around and that's what this will come from. 

You could end up with Graciliara, Botryocladia, Galaxaura, Portiera, Cympolia Barbata, G. Hayi, who knows. 

I have all kinds of little bits and bobs!!

Oh, one last thing I need to mention, just to be perfectly transparent. 

I have non-invasive flatworms in this tank, that are not troublemakers. 

I realize that flatworms can be bad, but these are not the bad kind. I've had them in several systems over several years and they've never caused trouble. 

They come in on Macroalgae, so if you get Macros you'll likely end up with them at some point. 

They don't multiply like crazy and they've never bothered my corals and they seem to dine on film algae. 

They're very small, you have to really look to see them. You could likely get rid of them off the Macro by dipping it for 30 seconds in RO or distilled water, but you'll also kill any other microfauna. I wouldn't recommend dipping live sand since that would kill what makes it live. 

The mud hasn't been in my tank so it has no flatworms. 

Here's a pic of the flatworms in my tank:

P1070181

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Thunder Goose said:

I'd like to reserve 1 refugium starter, 1 mud and 1 cladofora. I can DM you tomorrow for details.

Sounds good, talk to you further tomorrow!! :D

I'm not ready to buy yet...but is this something you would/could ship to Canada?

asking, just in case I can't find it easily/readily here. 

I'm in Vancouver, BC, so if you want to see what express freight costs might be, you can put in postal code V6J 4S5.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Friendly said:

I'm not ready to buy yet...but is this something you would/could ship to Canada?

asking, just in case I can't find it easily/readily here. 

I'm in Vancouver, BC, so if you want to see what express freight costs might be, you can put in postal code V6J 4S5.

I honestly have no clue what would be involved in doing that, but I believe the place where there can be issues is if there are fees when it goes over the border. 

Do you have knowledge about that?

I'm heading to bed now, will get back with folks later tomorrow, G'nite!!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Weets! Am I too lat for a cladophora and a grape caulerpa? 

Nope, you can have some. 

PM me so I remember to get back with you on arranging deets in the morning. 

Ok, NOW I'm going to bed. :lol:

Just now, Weetabix7 said:

Nope, you can have some. 

PM me so I remember to get back with you on arranging deets in the morning. 

Ok, NOW I'm going to bed. :lol:

Haha ok! I'll send a note now!!

• Like 1

yeh...I don't know about the cross-border bit either.

worst case scenario, if it can survive a day or two in the dark and at 'cooler' temperatures, I've buddied with a friend and have a PO BOX in Blaine I ship stuff too. B)  

hope you had a good sleeps!

Alrighty I've responded to everyone. 

The Cladophora is sold out, that went fast!!

I still have Mud and Baby Stomatellas remaining, as well as Mystery Macro that can be added to orders for $2.

I have one Refugium Starter remaining, 1 small Botryocladia and I think I have enough for 1 portion of Grape Caulerpa remaining. 

Things are going fast, so if you want something let me know ASAP. 

If the availability changes, I will update this thread. 

Oh also, on a cool and funny note, I put together the Refugium Starter pouches just for the pic, so everyone could see what they would be getting. 

When I opened the bag to put the Chaeto back in the tank last night, there was a baby Stomatella in it. :happy:

I took a pic to show everyone but it came out all blurry, sorry. 

10 hours ago, Friendly said:

yeh...I don't know about the cross-border bit either.

worst case scenario, if it can survive a day or two in the dark and at 'cooler' temperatures, I've buddied with a friend and have a PO BOX in Blaine I ship stuff too. B)  

hope you had a good sleeps!

I honestly think it stinks that it's so hard to get ahold of this kind of thing in Canada and have thought in my head that I wish I could find a way to get Macros to you guys. 

I've shipped internationally for jobs before, so the idea of doing that doesn't intimidate me, though I wouldn't want to do it for just a $15 order. 

So..... if you can find out what is needed (esp. involving customs type fees & requirements), I'm willing to try shipping to you. 

Just lemme know. 

Pending payment, I am sold out of everything except Mud and Baby Stomatellas. 

If that availability changes, I will update here. 

This has gone really quickly, so if you are interested in Mud or Baby Stomies, don't wait to message me. 

I hate turning people away, so for my part I will work to get in grow more cool stuff to make available to everyone. 

I am growing out some macro's myself in a new tank, maybe we can do a trade in the future. I think I have some you don't. Red hex/red codium, barbed heart. red fern, ect.

BustytheSnowMaam
26 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I am growing out some macro's myself in a new tank, maybe we can do a trade in the future. I think I have some you don't. Red hex/red codium, barbed heart. red fern, ect.

Since you're in Milwaukee, maybe we could meet up sometime and I could buy some from you.  I'm in Sheboygan.  

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, tashayar said:

Since you're in Milwaukee, maybe we could meet up sometime and I could buy some from you.  I'm in Sheboygan.  

I need to grow it out yet but not opposed to shipping as well. It's growing fairly fast it seems though.

On 8/27/2017 at 10:02 PM, Tamberav said:

I didn't see this til just now, sorry, busy week!!!

I would def be interested in a trade @Tamberav, just message me, ok?

Thanks!! :flower:

BustytheSnowMaam

Yay!  Got my package today!  Weetie even included some gummy stomatellas!!  Gummy stommies?!  

Everything looks great.  When I find any fascinating microfauna I'll post pics.

IMG_7517.JPG

IMG_7518.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
BustytheSnowMaam
2 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Whoo hooo, so glad everyone is happy, hope you like the flavor of the Gummy Stomatellas!!!! omgomgomg

The shell part added some texture :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

My Daughter stole them ?

Aw man, you got robbed. 

Seriously, they were good. 

Coz, y'know, I had to test a few out to make sure I was sending quality stuff. 

Only a few..... sorta.....

1 minute ago, tashayar said:

The shell part added some texture :D

You're a Foodie, aren't you? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, GunslingerGirl said:

Late jumping to the party... Weetie do you have anything left? Or could I put myself in line for the next go round? Lol

You might have to put yourself in line for the next go round. 

However, if I have anything left after shipping out tomorrow and Wed, I'll let you know. 

I'm getting some nice new plants in to propagate though, and will continue to have baby snails and mud I'm sure. 

Thanks so much for the interest!!

• Thanks 1
  • Recommended Discussions