Cultivated Reef

Whats wrong with my mini-maxi?

Alexraptor

So up until a couple of weeks ago my new Mini-Maxi was doing great and looking like this.

Then suddenly it climbed deeper under the rocks and shrank to the size of about half a dollar and has been like that ever since. I can't figure out what's wrong, water parameters are great and I've performed a number of water changes to normalize any kind of values, but its still hiding and shrunken. Even feeding it didn't seem to do anything. All my other corals are doing just fine, mushrooms, zoas, monti's, everything. It's just my mini-maxi that is sad and grumpy. :(

Anyone have any insight or suggestions?

Looks like it's a little shaded in the picture.  How long was it in that position?  Maybe it's looking for more light now, but in it's move to find more light it forgot it's mission? :huh:

Unless you can rearrange the rocks easily and get it into the light, you'll just have to wait and see what it will do.  They are very mobile.  I wouldn't go crazy with trying to make it happy.  You might make something else mad in the process.

Several weeks, I have a led light and its opened up right under one of the spots. I initially placed it inside the crevice so that it wouldn't get shocked by the light intensity, so it could decide for itself.

Now its just crawled deeper in, and I can't really do anything about it. =/