Moorahs

150L of overthinking

Great looking tank! Also if you edit your first post you can edit the title, that's how I did it. 

• Thanks 2

Great looking tank (both old and new)! Two months from now your going to be taking delivery of an even larger tank! 

Image result for ron burgundy that escalated quickly

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

Great looking tank (both old and new)! Two months from now your going to be taking delivery of an even larger tank! 

Image result for ron burgundy that escalated quickly

If only. Sadly I don’t know anyone with a bigger tank 😂 - this one only came about coz my sister gave me her fish... followed by the tank...

5 hours ago, SavaS said:

Great looking tank! Also if you edit your first post you can edit the title, that's how I did it. 

Genius! Thanks! And thanks! 

The tank and scape look great! I love the shapes the rock gives; I'd have loved to be brave enough to try that rather than standard roundish rocks 

• Thanks 1

So I may have tripped and accidentally fallen into a LFS that had a buy 2 get the 3rd free coral sale this weekend.

I may also need to retract anything I said about not wanting a torch coral. That went out the window when I saw my first gold one in person...

B7FF986E-5A30-4C49-8F38-634FD53171C4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Lessons for this week:

1. Peroxide doesn’t do half as good of a number on aiptasia as lemon juice does

2. No app will let my phone take a good tank shot without post processing

3. The itty bitty (like 2mm tops) ricordea pup I spotted today is the cutest thing in the known universe

4. I HAVE ENOUGH CORAL

Phosphate is down to 0.1 - it was 0.2, because it took me a week to register that I needed to increase all my chemical media and dosing etc since I’ve got 5 times more water volume. Well played, self :rolleyes:

45827593-DFF5-4926-A528-04A69A9D78B5.jpeg

• Like 1

And this week’s lesson: however freakishly unlikely, a clownfish can, if harassed enough by his psycho hose beast partner, jump. And even though there’s a glass lid, that teensy tiny less than a cm gap is enough (however freakishly unlikely) that he will land on my lounge room floor and that’s where I will find him. I seriously cannot believe that happened. RIP little man :( 

• Sad 1

Weird. Widow clown has decided she likes the torch. Guess she wasn’t happy staying in the marital nano mag home by herself.

I feel bad for her being on her own but not sure whether to run the risk of getting a replacement for her to browbeat to death. Least she’s still got the damsel to harass...

00F8FB11-E3EA-4A37-9FDB-33FBD3D58A32.jpeg

This week’s lesson is that the iPhone X camera does a STELLAR job of correcting white balance. No 3rd party apps, no stuffing with settings. Goodbye iPhone Blue 🎉

628FD3E3-EEDB-45A5-A3DA-CDC40B9A7856.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moorahs said:

This week’s lesson is that the iPhone X camera does a STELLAR job of correcting white balance. No 3rd party apps, no stuffing with settings. Goodbye iPhone Blue 🎉

628FD3E3-EEDB-45A5-A3DA-CDC40B9A7856.jpeg

Awesome. I just got an 8+ after deciding it would be a better fit for me, so glad to see the new cameras are capable.

On 10/23/2017 at 3:09 AM, Moorahs said:

So I may have tripped and accidentally fallen into a LFS that had a buy 2 get the 3rd free coral sale this weekend.

I may also need to retract anything I said about not wanting a torch coral. That went out the window when I saw my first gold one in person...

B7FF986E-5A30-4C49-8F38-634FD53171C4.jpeg

Why on earth wouldn't you want a torch?! You're missin out. But now that you have one, what do you think of it? Also, that giant glowing hammer is so nice, makes me think of a fluffy white cloud.

Btw for your next upgrade which is coming soon I'm guessing, just go with a 200 gallon. Think of all the corals you could fit in there!

18 hours ago, Halo_003 said:

Awesome. I just got an 8+ after deciding it would be a better fit for me, so glad to see the new cameras are capable.

Totally. Takes better pics than my digital camera.

18 hours ago, samnaz said:

Why on earth wouldn't you want a torch?! You're missin out. But now that you have one, what do you think of it? Also, that giant glowing hammer is so nice, makes me think of a fluffy white cloud.

Btw for your next upgrade which is coming soon I'm guessing, just go with a 200 gallon. Think of all the corals you could fit in there!

Lol I’ve exhausted my supply of people offloading marine tanks, this was a totally unplanned upgrade but I wasn’t gonna say no...

And loving the torch - I’d *made* myself disinterested in them when I only had an 8 gal display to play with. I’m hoping where it’s positioned in the tank (nothing downflow of it) means it won’t matter how much it doesn’t play nice with others.

And this morning makes 2 from 2 male clownfish who have leapt to their dry bitter end rather than live with her... I’m done, Widow Clown can be a cranky old spinster for the rest of her days :(

• Sad 1

You don’t have a lid to prevent them from leaping to their dry bitter end?

6 hours ago, samnaz said:

You don’t have a lid to prevent them from leaping to their dry bitter end?

A solid glass one no less! There is a gap of like 5mm max on the sides, and maybe a cm tops towards the front and back walls. 

Husband number 2 was tiny - I thought I was doing the right thing getting the smallest one I could find so as he wouldn’t challenge her. Guess I thought wrong. 

I’ll make jokes about it all day but I’m gutted, I do take this whole responsibility for living things seriously and I feel terrible.