ReefCleaners.org

VaporCountry's Nuvo 10g Frag Tank(Cycle Complete)

VaporCountry

I can agree with that,I'm about a hour and a half north of CrazyEyes and fish the Indian River "misquito lagoon" to be exact and we hsve such wide selection:rays,tarpon,jacks,grouper snook,snappers,red and black drum so many more. And thats stuff you can catch right off the bank. 

• Like 1

My grandfather has a 39 yellowfin, both my uncle's have 24 foot contenders, my dad has a 16 foot skiff, my other uncle has a 19 foot Grady white, I'm sure we could figure something out lol. 

• Like 1

Snook, redfish, trout, flounder, kingfish, Spanish macks, tarpon, gags, jack crevalle, sheepeshead, sharks, mangrove snapper, lady fish, damn I love Florida, plus we have world wide corals.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

I can agree with that,I'm about a hour and a half north of CrazyEyes and fish the Indian River "misquito lagoon" to be exact and we hsve such wide selection:rays,tarpon,jacks,grouper snook,snappers,red and black drum so many more. And thats stuff you can catch right off the bank. 

57 minutes ago, CrazyEyes said:

Snook, redfish, trout, flounder, kingfish, Spanish macks, tarpon, gags, jack crevalle, sheepeshead, sharks, mangrove snapper, lady fish, damn I love Florida, plus we have world wide corals.

Hell yea plus the weather is so nice all year around. Its just starting to get cold here now, the fish still run but its not as enjoyable. We get the kingfish, spanish, and black drum just have to go out a bit into the sound or closer to Ocracoke. 

1 hour ago, CrazyEyes said:

My grandfather has a 39 yellowfin, both my uncle's have 24 foot contenders, my dad has a 16 foot skiff, my other uncle has a 19 foot Grady white, I'm sure we could figure something out lol. 

So Badass I only have an older 16ft Mitchell. It has low sides and a tiller, it's nice for crabbing and fishing in the river/creek but doesn't do well in the sound. My dad has been talking about getting like a 21ft Grady which would be really nice. His friend has a 42ft boat and he takes out veterans on charters and fishing around Morehead City. Ive only been out on it once and we didn't go out to far. Hoping ill get invited again sometime soon :rolleyes:. He was out last week and was getting some tuna and shark. 

I would love to come down there sometime and do some fishing. Im still a newbie as I am just starting to really get into it. I might have to take you up on that offer if I'm ever in the area though. You guys are so lucky with all the nice coral vendors out of Florida. I don't have jackshit here. At least when I was in MD I had Jason Fox lol

I have a friend who lives in France and he has a reef tank but not alot of stores, he came down a couple years ago and we spent the entire day going to different stores in the area, which is literally like 11 just in the Bay area, he nearly shit a brick. 

Dude those little Mitchell's are badass! I don't even have a boat, I've been thinking about a 15'6" or 16" gheenoe with a 25-40 tiller just to rip around the intercoastal and through the Bay. I've done my fair share of offshore fishing for amberjacks and pelagic fish, it's fun but I'd much rather shark fish from the beach honestly. 

I would be in heaven lol. One of my good buddies was friends with Jason Fox and took me up to his house one time to check out systems. Probably the coolest thing I have seen so far in the hobby. Also Jason is a super chill dude. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyEyes said:

Dude those little Mitchell's are badass! I don't even have a boat, I've been thinking about a 15'6" or 16" gheenoe with a 25-40 tiller just to rip around the intercoastal and through the Bay. I've done my fair share of offshore fishing for amberjacks and pelagic fish, it's fun but I'd much rather shark fish from the beach honestly. 

Yea I can't complain she rides good and is great on gas. I just would like something a little more comfortable that I could go just a bit further out and not have to worry about it being a really nice day

23515583_10210400860161067_1218075341_n.jpg

Whoa,don't go that far on the weather lol its been weird lately. This is the coolest part of the year or than that,its satans balls hot. 

I don't know anyone with a boat,but I can show you some goooood bank spots. 

Florida is ripe for fishing thats for sure and the coral shops arent bad either. Top Shelf Aquatics,Living Reef Orlando and WWC are definitely the top 3 in central Florida. 

• Like 1

Yeah dude, the weather has been whacky as piss lately, between Irma and the couple "cold fronts" we've gotten the fishing has been crazy good lately. I'd like to visit wwc again soon, hey reefkid, any plans to go to rap next year? 

1 hour ago, VaporCountry said:

Yea I can't complain she rides good and is great on gas. I just would like something a little more comfortable that I could go just a bit further out and not have to worry about it being a really nice day

23515583_10210400860161067_1218075341_n.jpg

Jesus I love tri hull skiffs so much man. Bring that bastard down here and we'll smash the flats man.

17 minutes ago, CrazyEyes said:

Yeah dude, the weather has been whacky as piss lately, between Irma and the couple "cold fronts" we've gotten the fishing has been crazy good lately. I'd like to visit wwc again soon, hey reefkid, any plans to go to rap next year? 

Jesus I love tri hull skiffs so much man. Bring that bastard down here and we'll smash the flats man.

That sounds like it would be a blast. When I get some free time and some extra cash I may just do that. Im doing this CNC thing in school but maybe like Easter break or May after the semester. Looks like its about 750 miles so not too bad lol

2 minutes ago, CrazyEyes said:

Yeah. But seriously, if you ever decide to make a trip down here there are a lot of killer spots to catch alot of big fish. 

Hell yea I'm serious.......no wife, no kids, I'm free as a bird. It may not be real soon but I would really enjoy the fishing, reef shops, and just hanging out

Has it really ?! Yesterday was the first time in 4 months I have touched my fishing gear. I still have a brand new fly set up that hasn't even touched water yet. Yesterday was dead with the crazy 20-30mph winds we werr getting. Caught a few mangroves and a bunch of kingfish:

20171111_145730.jpg

If I have the funds,hell yes I will be there !!! Thats the best time to get some nice Z/P's and sps !!! 

• Like 1

I've only ever caught snook on 3"-4" swimbaits and about the same sized live mullets. Do you guys have big blacks down in tampa ? My honey hole has a huge oyster bed near it and blacks love 'em. We pulled 5 out this size within a few hours on live shrimp:

20170603_104141.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Has it really ?! Yesterday was the first time in 4 months I have touched my fishing gear. I still have a brand new fly set up that hasn't even touched water yet. Yesterday was dead with the crazy 20-30mph winds we werr getting. Caught a few mangroves and a bunch of kingfish:

Those are some really nice fish. I haven't been able to make it out for a couple weeks. Hopefully I can find time on a nice day this week. Last time I went out all I got was a 15" stripper. Never have done any fly fishing but would like to try it sometime. I used to be into backpacking and camping in the mountains but haven't done it in years, if I do do it again maybe ill try the fly fishing thing. 

23599891_10210404321767605_1989439049_o.thumb.jpg.b1dc91ef5c9d81f170e6201e94203af4.jpg

Right now my main focus is on the bull red fish that are running. It felt good to be on the water,it had been wayyyy to long. Spent upwards of $400 on new set ups and they have just been collecting dust for almost 4 months. 

Thats a nice baby Striper,when I lived in VA I grew up fishing for Striper in the Chesapeake Bay catching monsters. I still love my largemouth though. If you make it down here,I have a Martin Fly set up I can give to you. Still in the packaging and all. 

Thats awesome, they land some really big rock fish towards the mouth of the Chesapeake. I have been fishing out near the VA bay bridge tunnel one time for strippers when I was younger but we didn't get anything. But hey, I guess that why they call it fishing right.

Thats super nice of you!! Of course if you two make it out here to eastern NC let me know. Don't know why you would come out here other than fishing but if your ever close to New Bern NC defiantly let me know and we will go out. Ive been here for like 5 years but don't really know too many people so haven't been doing much fishing. I enjoy company when outdoors.

Its definitely a popular Striper spot. We used to land 20+ inch once back when I was still a kid. Hahaha basically,even a horrible day on the water is better than any day at work lol. 

Hey,not a problem. Someone needs to use it,and if you're willing to learn then its all yours. I don't travel EVER but if I make it out of Florida and I'm near I will definitely enjoy a few cold ones and some reef/fishing talk. Since I moved down to FL I haven't done any camping,hunting,hiking or anything. 

1 minute ago, Reefkid88 said:

Its definitely a popular Striper spot. We used to land 20+ inch once back when I was still a kid. Hahaha basically,even a horrible day on the water is better than any day at work lol. 

Hey,not a problem. Someone needs to use it,and if you're willing to learn then its all yours. I don't travel EVER but if I make it out of Florida and I'm near I will definitely enjoy a few cold ones and some reef/fishing talk. Since I moved down to FL I haven't done any camping,hunting,hiking or anything. 

Hell yea it would be a good time. So you hunt as well? That was something I always wanted to do but never did. The deer hunting is great here and they give you a limit of 6. My buddy that I have been fishing with is big into it and wants me to start going with him. Maybe next year I will give it a try. Its always so many things so little time lol