Innovative Marine Aquariums

Clowns - Bonded Pair?

Flexin

As I read and think about the future of my new tank, I see ads for a "bonded pair" of small clowns.  I have clowns and I can't see how a pair who have not reached maturity could possibly be bonded.  To me, bonded would mean they hit maturity and have already established who is the male and female.  Am I missing something?

Maybe just means they have been together for a long long time and enough that they are very comfy with each other. I agree, the wording does seem a little misleading I guess, in this instance. 

Could they possibly mean a mated pair?

Hi Dominator, 

This was a fish for sale add, that said a bonded pair but small.  It felt misleading to me since they also said the fish were small.   

When I personally see/hear bonded, I think of them living together in unison and being comfortable with each other, like 2 dogs/cats. When I see mated, I think big female, small male. But that's just me. I could have it all wrong, but seems that post might be stating it how I think of it .

It was for maroon lighting clowns.  Not sure the price was high, but I know when they  mature you can lose a fish.  Thanks everyone for the input.  Have a great day.

As far as I know bonded means means that the pair has established who is male and female, mated means that they have spawned. A bonded pair of lightning maroons would be pricey as they are a nice designer morph and maroons are known as the hardest species of clown to pair up due to their aggression.