Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fluval Evo 13.5g hood

Lugmos12

On 3/12/2021 at 12:36 PM, DevilDuck said:

The amount of evap you will get will depend on the humidity in your home, surface movement etc, which going to be different for everyone. I kept my top so that I don't have to go buy an ATO.

I also run without the back portion from time to time if the tank temp rises. Without the back seems to lower temps about 2 degrees for me with no significant increase in evaporation YMMV.

InTank makes this half cover for the back of the tank https://intankaquatics.com/intank-filtration-cover-for-fluval-evo-13-5-52l-and-fluval-spec-16-60l/ which maybe a good comprise.

Have you tried running full time without the sump cover?

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I thought about doing with this tank was just drilling 3 holes in the front slope (towards the middle of the room if you have it sideways) and then 3d printing 3 "plugs" for those holes. That way I can get my feeding baster down in the water pretty much across the whole tank.

So basically take like a 1" hole saw bit, make 3 evenly spaced holes and then print some slightly smaller than 1" plugs out of reef safe petg.