ReefCleaners.org

Alien creature from hell?

Lugmos12

Yehp, nudibranch! Do you have anything with similar colors in your tank? They seem to take on the color of their food, so that might be a hint towards what it's eating in your tank.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

Yehp, nudibranch! Do you have anything with similar colors in your tank? They seem to take on the color of their food, so that might be a hint towards what it's eating in your tank.

Is it dangerous? it's kinda cute too lol The only green thing i have is  a little big of algae and GSP

9 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

! Do you have anything with similar colors in your tank?

This is good advice. I had yellow and orange zoas suffering ,and what do you know I found a beautiful orange and yellow nudibranch. Anyone have a nudibranch tank?

graftobny142
Just now, pal said:

This is good advice. I had yellow and orange zoas suffering ,and what do you know I found a beautiful orange and yellow nudibranch. Anyone have a nudibranch tank?

I had a nudibranch bag in my tank for a bit. Found the little guy on some reverse gorilla nipple zoanthids and pulled a couple polyps for him to munch on.

• Like 1

I had a beautiful blue nudibranch that I found on my blue sympodium. I put it in my pest tank and it slowly starved to death.......They usually only eat one thing. 

5 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

Is it dangerous? it's kinda cute too lol The only green thing i have is  a little big of algae and GSP

I'd inspect the GSP for eggs or other nudis, and watch it closely to see what it eats..

1 minute ago, pal said:

If it is just eating gsp you could let it ride and see how gsp deals with it?

I have zoas with a little green to them too i would hate for them to die

8 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

I have zoas with a little green to them too i would hate for them to die

Whatever it's eating, it won't eat the other - so if it's GSP, your zoas are safe. If it's the zoas, your GSP is safe. Gotta find out which one, though :P

• Like 2

how long has it been in your tank? just wondering cause if it hasn't been a while it might eat something that you don't even have in your tank. 

• Like 1
Five.five-six
35 minutes ago, samnaz said:

how long has it been in your tank? just wondering cause if it hasn't been a while it might eat something that you don't even have in your tank. 

Do you think it's going to the refrigerator for snacks?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Five.five-six said:

Do you think it's going to the refrigerator for snacks?

I was thinking more along the lines of an algae or coral the OP does not have in their tank, and the nudibranch could be slowly starving to death... and just hasn't kicked it yet.