Innovative Marine Aquariums

Help with Fluval Sea Evo 13.5 for beginner!!

Ajh715

Hello all,

today i I added in my last edition to my Fluval sea evo 13.5 gallon. The first fish was a royal gramma, followed by a black ice clown, and today I added an azure damsel and blood shrimp. I added the azure last as I know it was the most likely to be aggressive.. I have had 0 issues with aggression from the damsel/clown, but the gramma seems to be a bully. My aquacape is set up with 2 large stacked rock caves on each end, with open space in the middle. My gramma occupys the left cave and the damsel has been in the right cave.. however my gramma is coming out of the cave, across the tank to the damsel and opening its mouth. Should I relocate the gramma? I have a 32 gal biocube I could put it in.. or will the territories be settled and things will calm down in the days ahead? Also I would like to ask if this tank is overstocked. I have had the clown and gramma together for a week and have 0 nitrite, nitrate and ammonia. I could either:

1.) keep the 3 together

2.) have 2 damsels with the clown

3.) have 2 clowns with the new damsel

any help would be appreciated!

The gramma might be a little big for that sized tank. The damsel might end up getting frustrated with that size tank too. Maybe do just 2 clowns and goby/shrimp pair. 

• Like 1

I'd relocate it.

The damsel will become more aggressive with time and as it grows.

Especially in a small tank.

Damsel are also very difficult to remove.

I would say in the 13.5, those 3 fishbare too much because it's not 13.5g with sand and rocks in there.

I would do a clown pair or

A clown and purple firefish

Did you cycle the tank before adding livestock?

• Like 1

I think I'll do the clown pair and move the gramma and damsel in the 32 gal with a six line. And everything used in this tank was set up in another tank. Sand rock and water was all taken from different tank so fish were added in a course of 2.5 weeks but there has never been ammonia or anything in either tank