Pod Your Reef

Clear Tentacles On Frag

cfaye@Delaware

cfaye@Delaware

I forgot where I read about this, I saw about 3 tentacles on a new frag I have, I think it is supposed to be some kind of snail and you put glue on it ???? I touched the tentacles with tweezers and it went back into the frag. Not sure what I should do, hard to get pics, they are very tiny......thanks once again for help......

cfaye@Delaware

Well I did a search on vermetid snail and the pictures I saw did not look like the tentacles I saw. What I saw was like clear tube things sort of thick. The frag has a favia LPS on it and the clear tubes were on the edge of the favia. I have not seen them again, could this be part of the favia ??? It is doing ok. 

Look up "sweeper tentacles" or "feeder tentacles" and see if this looks like what you saw. 

They are put out by many LPS (including Favia) when they want to be fed, especially at night. 

• Thanks 1
cfaye@Delaware

Thanks everybody.....I did the search for feeder tentacles, I will go for that to help me stay calm. I will still be watching. Frag is still ok at this point. I do notice fish and crabs over there so I will not worry to much they seem to like to eat creepy things.    :bowdown: