ReefCleaners.org

Tailspot blenny never coming out

Melfy77

Little update. The first TSB I got died. It never really ate much, so not surprised. My LFS had one that was eating so I got it. It's always swimming out in the open and eats like a pig:D such a cool fish! So I guess it really depends on the fish itself

This thread has been a real roller-coaster of emotions. 

On 8/22/2017 at 9:16 PM, gone_PHiSHin said:

TSB are hilarious to me.  i love their 'personality'.  stick with it, he will warm up to you once he knows he's secure.  mine started out the same way, but within 2-3 weeks he was out and about all day.  now, 7 months later i love the little guy and he basically eats from my fingers. 

I second this! Our tail spot sausage, Blenwood (aka B-Money aka Blen-daddy), has essentially become a comical aqua-puppy with a touch of FOMO (he also probably needs a gym membership... and maybe a life coach). If you're moving around his tank, he follows, if you're sitting next to his tank, he's lounges with you in his EZ-Montipora. At night he likes to inquisitively follow the possum wrasse around. As soon as they warm up to you, I believe they make the early difficulties worth it. 

my TSB took about a day or two to come out, eats everything i put in the tank from LRS to pellets to nori sheets. i think it just depends on the fish like you mentioned.

12 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

As soon as they warm up to you, I believe they make the early difficulties worth it. 

this!^

if ever there was a nano fish that i owned that had personality, this is it.

You guys have such good luck!

I tried 3 different TSB's at different times and they all wasted away due to never coming out to eat. I had a Genicanthus Bellus, Ventralis Anthias, and a couple clownfish that never bothered it, but would swim around the tank and that would be enough to freak them out.

I saw at a LFS they have two in a 36 gallon display tank, and the two of them are always out and about. Boggles my mind. Maybe my tank was just too scary?