Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Marine Depot

Marine Depot
13 hours ago, Berlibee said:

What are your thoughts about Essentials vs Triton (other methods version) ? @Marine Depot

We are currently doing some testing of our own here at the office and accuracy is on PAR. Based on all of our prior research ATI does have some benefits over the competition and these are the two biggest points in my book. 

• 10$ less with postage included plus no cost testing of RO/DI Water
  • 43 Elements including Nitrates, Alkalinity and Salinity < Most parameters tested of any mail-in kit because multiple methods are used, not just ICP.

Feel free to share your experiences with us!  We are eager to hear from our customers about these services. 

-Robert @ MD

• Like 2
Marine Depot
On 8/9/2017 at 11:44 AM, HarryPotter said:

Wow $200 for that doser! I thought it was discontinued a long time ago.

What is the benefit of the $200 DP-6 compared to an under $100 DP-5, or two DP4s which come out to under $130?

Or is this just a pricing error? The same ATI dp-6 doser used to cost $150... @Marine Depot

Hi Harry! I hope you've been doing well.

So the price is correct, although I think the market will ultimately determine if it stays there. As you and others have pointed out, there are other more economical options if what you're looking to do is save money. In general, I think prices in the automatic dosing pump category are coming down thanks to increased competition, which ultimately benefits consumers.

The ATI DP-6 is backed by 1-year manufacturer warranty. If anything goes wrong within the first 30 days, ATI will replace the unit. Beyond 30 days, if anything were to go awry, ATI will repair the DP-6. They will either send the end-user the parts they need to make the repair (if the customer is able to successfully diagnose the problem) or they will provide a postage paid shipping label so you can send the doser to ATI so they can make the repair(s) for you and send it back. Replacement pump heads are inexpensive and they include two extra when you buy the unit.

We care about our customers and want them to be happy with their purchases long after the transaction is complete. Post-purchase customer support costs money which I presume is why there is a markup here. But circling back to where I began, I think hobbyists will ultimately decide if this price is palatable for them.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

• Recommended Discussions