inTank Media Baskets

2 part on a nano

Five.five-six

Five.five-six

I've started a new nana, 29 galon with aspirations of SPS.  I'll be useing limewater for topoff and my plan is to mesure and add 2 part once a week using dry 2 part and the BRS calculator.  My question is:  is ot ok to use RO to dissolve the powders or do I need to make up DI?   Due to my setup, makeing DI is a bit more involved for me than just RO.

MockandRoll

Your freshwater should have a TDS reading of 0. If you can accomplish that with just RO, then I don't see a problem. Maybe someone else can chime in if I am missing something. 

As for dosing and SPS, you really need to dose daily. If you are serious about SPS invest in a doser. If your tank is new  (< 4 months) I wouldn't worry about SPS or a doser yet. 

You can keep parameters stable with dosing and kalk in larger tanks but I bet that is a lot more difficult with nano tanks. However that is just a guess as I only dose in my 30g

• Thanks 1

Dosing is reliant on coral consumption, not really something you can pre plan.

You have to test every day for a week from waterchange to waterchange and determine what's being used by the tank.

Then dose according to that. With a heavy sps tank it will most likely be every day. 

As for to water, as @MockandRoll said, you want 0 tds in the water so you will need to test the ro water before using it.

• Thanks 1
Five.five-six

My RO water meters at about 14 PPM,  I make my DI a few days before into a bucket with a float valve drilled into it.    I'm just wondering if it's worth the time it takes to watch a glass of water fill to save 14PPM on a few cups of water a week. 

I'm sure I'll be adjusting my regiment as I progress.  

Oh, and stunning tank by the way :)