Innovative Marine Aquariums

1 hour ago, GregEmmitte said:

Yea they freaking roam at will. The best is when they decide to free float into the power head. Yay

Like this?IMG_1845.thumb.JPG.4f6d95f01fcf88e4f708690221ac5987.JPG

My anemone recovers amazingly fast... here is is a week later... stinging my favia

IMG_2136.thumb.JPG.820fa9c8185d2bf3b965bc8e21013458.JPG

1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

Try using a service like Flickr to host the pics. ;) Don't use photobucket, they disallowed image hosting for 3rd party websites.

Yeah I don't feel like posting my pics to Flickr then copying links. This is so much easier... lol post 6mb (2-3 pics), someone responds, post more pics.

I might have to do that tho for my anemone powerhead fiasco thread.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, I'm Batman said:

My anemone recovers amazingly fast... here is is a week later... stinging my favia

Yeah I don't feel like posting my pics to Flickr then copying links. This is so much easier... lol post 6mb (2-3 pics), someone responds, post more pics.

Couldn't be easier, it even auto embeds now when you paste the link.

• Thanks 1

I might be mentally challenged or Flickr just sucks. Ive tried several times to set up an account they want a Yahoo account........Who the F uses Yhoo anymore? For some reason they think I already have an account and I get a your password is incorrect error.......I gave up 

• Like 1

Nice new frags!  The only advice on placement I have is for the sunset monti.  Like any encrusting monti, they will get invasive, so I would put it on a small rock that's a little bit separated from the rest of the rock structure.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, jamie1210 said:

Nice new frags!  The only advice on placement I have is for the sunset monti.  Like any encrusting monti, they will get invasive, so I would put it on a small rock that's a little bit separated from the rest of the rock structure.

Awesome thanks for the input

On 8/9/2017 at 1:03 AM, I'm Batman said:

Here's a shot of the overflow! 

I'm using filter floss, Purigen, Chemi-Pure Blue and Poly-Filter®.

Again this is the nuvo 30 InTank basket.

IMG_1953.thumb.JPG.c1d7859fff12cfc37598a965817d7675.JPG

Have had no problems with this Coralife Protein Skimmer. This thing skims wet for sure, but once you get some film on the fitting of the cup where it meets the bubble chamber, it will get some foaming to it (so much that I had to tape the lid on in my old set-up and it will remain taped shut on this set up.

Temperature is at 78.8F - a little higher than I'd like it. The donor tank ran at 77.8F and everything did fine. Hopefully we don't have a temperature bleaching of corals. 

IMG_1952.thumb.JPG.3efd946cc11a57706f75d0611f64af2e.JPG

Here's a view of the top, you can see really good that next to the Sicce and the skimmer, is a massive Nuvo 30 InTank Basket. It's something like 4.75" x 3.25" I can't remember the measurements... BUT this entire system was built around this basket!!

I wanted a basket with enough size that I could put proper filtration in, and the IM 10/20/25 baskets were WAY to small for what I want to do. And if anybody knows anything; we LOVE filtration!!

Unfortunately, InTank wasn't able to provide the measurement of the lip of this basket properly because the front legs are about a 1/2" shorter than the back legs (which doesn't make much sense to me).

The depth of the cuts between the teeth in the overflow was measure exactly to the length of the InTank basket based off of the front leg dimensions. This makes the rim of the basket higher than the depth of the gaps between the overflow teeth.

So in the picture below you see I have cut several 1" lengths of air tubing to help guide water into the basket. The lip of the basket is higher than the overflow cut out. 

Why care?

Well there's  about a 3MM gap between the edge of the basket and the sliding door up against the wall, water will flow into the teeth and straight down in front of the basket. Because the front of the basket which is basically the media door, does not sit flush with the edges of the basket....  get the picture?

I'll draw a diagram. 

IMG_1954.thumb.JPG.08a2f8e68684c5450df6f884459854f5.JPG

Not really the biggest deal in the world, but the majority of water flow is going right past the filter and it's a disadvantage for a lot of the fine detritus that I want to trap out of my system. Hopefully the little tube water channels work out... we'll see. DIY to the max... there's no such thing as perfect. 

I have a similar issue with my tank and the intank basket. I took a piece of harsh filter floss/sponge and stuck it in between the basket and tank wall oposite of the gap to make it a tight fit. 

• Like 1
Thunder Goose
On 8/16/2017 at 7:18 PM, I'm Batman said:

Lol it only lets me post 6mb of pictures until somebody else posts then I can post another 6mb of pics. And each pic is about 2mb

@cromag08 yoooooooooo Cromag!!!! Check out my all in one!!

I save lower resolution pictures for posting to deal with the limit.

lookin good so far - following 

• Thanks 1
On 8/16/2017 at 8:00 PM, I'm Batman said:

The way I get around it is:

1. Post with pics

2. Go to someone elses post (or to the home page, the idea isn't where you go it's simply leaving your own content.)

3. Return to your content (I literally just press the back button)

4. Post more pics

5. Rinse and repeat.

If you consecutively post more pics before someone else responds it just merges the posts together. It's worked for me so far, is only slightly annoying, and doesn't require additional accounts and links and such. If I could find a similar workaround for posting video I'd be doing the happy dance. :naughtydance:

Beautiful tank by the way. Love the DIY and enjoyed the read. Following along so keep those pics poppin! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Left now I'm back... 

Clown poking out from behind the rocks... the anemone loves to live RIGHT in front of the return pump!!!

IMG_2305.thumb.JPG.478ee96e5dc5b5bd2305f3c2e344f260.JPG

Im convinced this is the pocillopora reproducing... this little green gob dropped and then floated around the tank for a bit.

IMG_1907.thumb.JPG.7dd5cef78a3cf4f953a6b605619a5051.JPG

Two pieces of dry rock in going to add to the tank probably today or tomorrow. They've been in a bucket with water change water from a few days ago. Not sure why, just makes me feel better after the last time I added rock. 

IMG_2236.thumb.JPG.9f825992d8b1333f3e957903947f1da8.JPG

Glad to see it worked for you. I've also found that doing this with pics and no text chain all of the pics together in one long strip. 

You take some great photos by the way. I like the little magnified bubbles....

On a side note I'm equally fascinated by your shag carpeting.... I dig it man.... B)

25 minutes ago, JcSH2o said:

On a side note I'm equally fascinated by your shag carpeting

We moved in, got our furniture set up, 3 tanks and then a week later the landlord says "oh my, we forgot to put new carpet in, would you like me to have the carpet guys come out?" 

It's like ummm.... a little too late for that!! ?

• Haha 2

I've got a cool update... 

this little frogspawn fell deep down inside my rock work about a year ago and was just a skeleton when I put him in this new tank Aug 2nd. 

Here's a pic from Aug 10th.

IMG_2027.thumb.JPG.48d7885e5e93e62595215851aab01b18.JPG

and here he is today...

IMG_2309.thumb.JPG.dc8a659978150031ef3701d89a079495.JPG

I'm surprised this guy came back. He's the same kind of Euphyllia as the lower frogspawn in the pic a from last night. 

• Like 4
Thunder Goose
1 hour ago, I'm Batman said:

We moved in, got our furniture set up, 3 tanks and then a week later the landlord says "oh my, we forgot to put new carpet in, would you like me to have the carpet guys come out?" 

It's like ummm.... a little too late for that!! ?

I hear ya! We need to get our hardwood floors refinished but three fish tanks? Not gonna happen. I guess we'll just replace them when it's time to sell this house.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

this is what i meant about the basket:

IMG_8009.thumb.JPG.95de745f243394cdbb8e4d72f625abab.JPG

Yeah use a piece of airline tubing, cut in half and place on that seam. May even need bigger tubing...

IMG_2059.thumb.JPG.aa48f8bf80604094fad819379a001112.JPG

Apparently I'm using my basket backwards ?

• Like 1

There's all kinds of little add-ones that I can do to my system and I'm just going crazy sitting here trying to relax watching Tidal Gardens videos...

So I'm tying to figure out how to run the Finnex... 

IMG_2318.thumb.JPG.84c268e52205b52fd47e20fb30e04ed9.JPG

As you can see my overflow baffle is in the way of the lip on this thing... Should I cut it?? Not sure I want to, so here's the solution....

IMG_2313.thumb.JPG.ed52dd9183778e8dc45840f87bca62d7.JPG

Instead of the original pipe on the Finnex pump, I've made my own... and picked out a mounting place...

Here's the mounting - rim of the tank with Velcro... DIY to the max!!

IMG_2316.thumb.JPG.8d5d365de94e8aaccca98d3c94a8d8aa.JPG

Heres the pump placement guestimstion...

IMG_2314.thumb.JPG.e6a9cf43581bd9cd9d7d61327821ffff.JPG

How in the hell am I going to fit the Tunze 9001 that I just purchased from @grmoore?

IMG_2319.thumb.JPG.b5b4d7570057fffcaed2a5b07f05cf08.JPG