Top Shelf Aquatics

B's Gorgonian Playground (We have BABIES !!! pg7)

jbb

8 hours ago, got2envy said:

Heyyy u still live close by? I am moving and have a XL 9 year old devils hand leather and an XL gorgonian you can have...just come get em’...text me or shoot me an PM

Tank looks great 😊

Heyyy stranger ! 

Sent you a PM but yeah still in the same general area. 

Christopher Marks
On 3/16/2019 at 4:55 PM, jbb_00 said:

Need to rearrange things a bit as it is a cluttered mess but here is how it sits today. 

Added 2 bubble tips but the big green one went behind the center gorg , smaller orange tip is on the right but hard to see in this pic. 

20190316_185605.thumb.jpg.3a0c55183053d0191c4d4708d0f167cf.jpg

20190309_145647.thumb.jpg.95c58f17234cbc546148d65f4e0d896b.jpg

20190302_162641.thumb.jpg.61e01e9b78998876b8f165ac53f5e91c.jpg

Glad to see the reef doing well Bryan, all those beautiful gorgs! I like your idea of mounting some SPS high on the back wall with some magnetic rocks, some plating montipora would be awesome. Can you get a magnet mount down into the center overflow too?

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Glad to see the reef doing well Bryan, all those beautiful gorgs! I like your idea of mounting some SPS high on the back wall with some magnetic rocks, some plating montipora would be awesome. Can you get a magnet mount down into the center overflow too?

Thank you, Its nice to be able to enjoy the hobby again. I was so close to walking away completely. 

There is plenty of room in the box for magnet mounts , I need to study up on how to know the holding strength of the magnets. I know there is a huge difference in pull apart / slide apart strength and I want to avoid having rocks slide / tumble down and crush what's below. 

The box is 

10"wide

6"deep

21" tall 

Plenty of space

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

How long have they been in there? 

No clue to be honest. Just happened to have my head in the stand and when I looked down something moved. That's how I found them.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jbb_00 said:

No clue to be honest. Just happened to have my head in the stand and when I looked down something moved. That's how I found them.  

Thats crazy. 

Did you see the babies @seabass had until recently?

The babies will eat live baby brine shrimp.  I wasn't able to transition the first batch them to frozen.  My male has another brood in his mouth, so he will refrain from eating until he releases them (like for at least 3 weeks).  It's simply remarkable.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, seabass said:

The babies will eat live baby brine shrimp.  I wasn't able to transition the first batch them to frozen.  My male has another brood in his mouth, so he will refrain from eating until he releases them (like for at least 3 weeks).  It's simply remarkable.

So far I have tried decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, and oyster feast . They went nuts for both but it was hard to tell if they actually ate either due to the size of the food and fish. 

• Like 1
banasophia
3 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

So far I have tried decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, and oyster feast . They went nuts for both but it was hard to tell if they actually ate either due to the size of the food and fish. 

That’s interesting... did the brine shrimp eggs hatch? 

7 minutes ago, banasophia said:

That’s interesting... did the brine shrimp eggs hatch? 

No, these are for feeding only . They will never hatch . Supposedly they have more nutritional value than live 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Aquatic Foods Inc. AFB Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Eggs, for Corals, Fry, Babies and More

I might have to try that.  Beats hatching and feeding live BBS.

24 minutes ago, seabass said:

I might have to try that.  Beats hatching and feeding live BBS.

Everyone in my tank goes crazy for them. A tiny bit goes a very long way. 

• Like 2