inTank Media Baskets

B's Gorgonian Playground (We have BABIES !!! pg7)

jbb

10 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Just for the record, I only ordered five, the seller gave me an extra five...for free! omgomgomg

I ordered some from him a couple years ago, and I've been subscribed to his Ebay notifications ever since. Unfortunatley, he's only gotten GBG's in stock once or twice since then. So when he got these in stock I jumped on it right away.

So what youre saying is he sent my 5 with your 5 .... ?

10 hours ago, teenyreef said:

By the way, I love the new tank :D

And I looked at the probiotic salt, but any salt that has to be used within a day or less of mixing is no bueno for me. I like to leave my water in the brute for a week or so while I use it up. But I hadn't thought about bacterial blooms if you change too much, that would be a show stopper for me, since I wouldn't be able to ever do a large emergency water change. I really rely on doing big water changes any time I suspect something isn't quite right.

Yeah its not an emergency friendly product that's for sure. I had a few buckets on hand from a mishap with a vendor, so I used what was here. Kind of regret it now. 

4 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I like the aquaforest sea salt version, it's good for softie tanks!

I have only tried the probiotic, so I can't comment on the regular stuff. I did like the Fritz salt, so will most likely be using that. 

3 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Try adding a bit of vodka to the tank to ease the bacteria bloom. This usually worked for me when I over dosed MB7 years ago. 

I agree with Lawn, more masked gobies. If you follow Coral Morphologic on IG, they have a insane video of ~ 20-30 hanging out. 

-D

Thanks Dave. I might give that a try, then if it doesn't work I can dose the rest to myself :)

• Like 2

@DaveFason Tank is still alive, might be a record of some kind . 

Water is starting to clear up pretty quickly now. I ran a thick felt sock, and a ton of poly-fil to help get everything out of that might be feeding the bacteria. the sock and floss were rust brown after about 36 hours so I kept changing them slowly watching things get better and better.  There is still a  very slight haze in the water, but I think it will be gone within the next couple of days. 

Corals from Lawn are settling in quite well. Toadstools were quite pissed, but started to open up today. Looks like I might be able to finally update my pics by the weekend. 

:happydance: 

• Like 2

So. What's the schedule for deaths and such? :ducksouttasite:

BActerial bloom will go away - it is just annoying as heck to look at. keep it well aerated as they use up a ton of oxygen. My bloom when I started the CAD - shit - that was decades ago right? - my bloom lasted a good week and a half.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

Your toadstool is so fluffy!  Mine has aspirations to be that big someday. :lol:

Thank you, but I cant take total credit for it. That is the huge toad from @Lawnman tank. He kept it for a couple years, Ive only managed to not kill it for 2 weeks so far :lol:

It is getting bigger / more fluffy by the day and is one of the nicest toads I have seen . 

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Thank you, but I cant take total credit for it. That is the huge toad from @Lawnman tank. He kept it for a couple years, Ive only managed to not kill it for 2 weeks so far :lol:

It is getting bigger / more fluffy by the day and is one of the nicest toads I have seen . 

It certainly is beautiful!  Mine has pale pink polyps and a hint of green sheen on the cap so I can only imagine how nice it'll be when it grows up.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, vlangel said:

I just read your thread and love this tank!  I will be following.

Thank you.  

I am really working toward being able to update more frequently,  but getting things situated in the tank and happy enough for it all to be open at the same time is delaying that a bit. 

I am making a fish store run today and hope to have some more goodies to share. Also will be stopping to pick up some epoxy because I had a couple of things fall over last night that need to be fixed.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

:unsure: Weird... I hope your leather liked it's bath and feels better soon!! 

Thanks, Me too.  Only small gobies in the tank, and none that could take bites that big. I feel terrible,  Lawn grew it from just a baby. 

1 tiny hermit

1 emerald crab

1 fighting conch

Tons of pods / few bristle worms.  

The only thing that came off in the bath was amphipods.  No pest type creatures. 

Also trying brightwell restor , hopefully it works. 

Got home from Houston yesterday,  and the leather seems to be banging in there.  Its not healed but definitely doesn't appear to be any worse. I will treat with coral Rx this weekend, and see how it goes. 

Ive also come home to a bryopsis outbreak as well.  Its mostly on tye glass and overflow so I will remove that this weekend too. 

I did some shopping today, went in fir salt and left with 3 fish . 

2 pearly jawfish,  and a molly miller blenny. 

20170922_150139.thumb.jpg.205b41bc139a39ce9bc5d6484dc225a3.jpg

20170922_150319.thumb.jpg.e1d7d1f138e11501ad50a310120f63f4.jpg

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I love the simple Lines of this tank. Less is more!

Thank you. I've thought about adding a mag rock low on the back glass with a few taller growing coral to add a little depth to the scape, but i havent ordered anything yet. Still trying to convince myself that it won't completely ruin the look of tank