Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

B's Gorgonian Playground (We have BABIES !!! pg7)

jbb

1 hour ago, jbb_00 said:

Thank you. 

I think I was able to save the coral and a couple of fish . I am currently in Houston so we will see if my efforts worked once I return home. 

Good luck.

Stupid reef tanks.

1 hour ago, DaveFason said:

You see this popping up more and more. I am really curious as to what is going on...

I had the same thought yesterday. I came across 4 or 5 new threads on multiple sites with Dino issues. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

I love jawfish. My tank is too shallow to keep one.

Mine were some of my favorites, but unfortunately they didn't make it. I would love to have more, but who knows 

3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

What’s the plan in the new set up? Something similar to the old or something totally different?

Not sure other than no dinos . 

Lighting will be 

1x 250w MH

2x 39w T5 

Thats all I know for now 

• Haha 1

Built a canopy to house the lighting as I hate having my retinas fried. The canopy is very low profile (6" in height) which makes reaching all areas of the tank difficult. So to make this possible I made the canopy float just above the top of the tank and have the ability to pivot out pf the way when I need in the tank. 

20180323_083552.thumb.jpg.910ae2f29725bcf13dd7d183d99917cc.jpg

20180323_083606.thumb.jpg.162104b791d6343cbe22550cffbf5643.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 2
Okinawa_Reefer
On 3/7/2018 at 9:37 AM, DaveFason said:

You see this popping up more and more. I am really curious as to what is going on...

This was my thought lately as well. Though it’s hard to tell because a lot of folks haven’t confirmed Dino’s with a microscope. But I too have seen a bunch of these threads, as well as I heard at least two people at our local frag swap last weekend say that they were battling Dino’s. 

• Like 1
On 3/24/2018 at 12:48 PM, jbb_00 said:

Built a canopy to house the lighting as I hate having my retinas fried. The canopy is very low profile (6" in height) which makes reaching all areas of the tank difficult. So to make this possible I made the canopy float just above the top of the tank and have the ability to pivot out pf the way when I need in the tank. 

20180323_083552.thumb.jpg.910ae2f29725bcf13dd7d183d99917cc.jpg

20180323_083606.thumb.jpg.162104b791d6343cbe22550cffbf5643.jpg

I love how you did the light canopy!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Patrick17 said:

Stunning fish :wub:

I'm terrible at telling heniochus apart, which species are they? 

They were labeled as diphreutes which is what I was looking for , but I fear 1 or possibly 2 of them are actually acuminatus which means they could be a problem. I will have to keep an eye on them and see how it goes. 

fingerscrossed

pappadumplingz

Lovely bannerfish mate, saw some juveniles while diving off a pier down here in Sydney a few weeks ago, funny how often you see tropical fish down here.

• Like 1

Ok so two of them are in fact acuminatus and have been nipping around the gorgs. They seem to be going for small algae tufts at the moment and not the coral polyps . Also they have not bothered any snails or my cocoworm yet so maybe there is hope. 

if they become an issue , I will re-home those two. 

2 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Looking good B. All new everything?

Pumps, plumbing, rock, sand, and Lighting are all new Tank and Sump are not. I ran a bleach bath on them followed with vinegar bath before putting it all together.