Jump to content
jbb_00

B's Gorgonian Playground (We have BABIES !!! pg7)

Recommended Posts

jbb_00
8 hours ago, got2envy said:

Heyyy u still live close by? I am moving and have a XL 9 year old devils hand leather and an XL gorgonian you can have...just come get em’...text me or shoot me an PM

Tank looks great 😊

Heyyy stranger ! 

 

 

Sent you a PM but yeah still in the same general area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Christopher Marks
On 3/16/2019 at 4:55 PM, jbb_00 said:

Need to rearrange things a bit as it is a cluttered mess but here is how it sits today. 

 

Added 2 bubble tips but the big green one went behind the center gorg , smaller orange tip is on the right but hard to see in this pic. 

 

20190316_185605.thumb.jpg.3a0c55183053d0191c4d4708d0f167cf.jpg

 

20190309_145647.thumb.jpg.95c58f17234cbc546148d65f4e0d896b.jpg

 

20190302_162641.thumb.jpg.61e01e9b78998876b8f165ac53f5e91c.jpg

Glad to see the reef doing well Bryan, all those beautiful gorgs! I like your idea of mounting some SPS high on the back wall with some magnetic rocks, some plating montipora would be awesome. Can you get a magnet mount down into the center overflow too?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
jbb_00
18 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Glad to see the reef doing well Bryan, all those beautiful gorgs! I like your idea of mounting some SPS high on the back wall with some magnetic rocks, some plating montipora would be awesome. Can you get a magnet mount down into the center overflow too?

Thank you, Its nice to be able to enjoy the hobby again. I was so close to walking away completely. 

 

There is plenty of room in the box for magnet mounts , I need to study up on how to know the holding strength of the magnets. I know there is a huge difference in pull apart / slide apart strength and I want to avoid having rocks slide / tumble down and crush what's below. 

 

The box is 

10"wide

6"deep

21" tall 

 

Plenty of space

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
jbb_00

Added some art to the stand , been wanting to do this for a long time. 

20190330_183145.thumb.jpg.d29a60136b51598a3fdeb5b394f1f4e5.jpg

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
jbb_00

Think I need to harvest some of this it has gotten super dense 😬

 

20190426_191537.thumb.jpg.a34459d5c1ecf7eb0407947f064c3605.jpg

 

20190426_191646.thumb.jpg.4980f42df97ac4ee7d63c5da14c210bb.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Wow 4

Share this post


Link to post
jbb_00

Found 3 of these lil guys in my sump 

Screenshot_20190512-145308_Gallery.thumb.jpg.51b24a8998959434bf25f594a6ecc60a.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
3 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Found 3 of these lil guys in my sump 

Screenshot_20190512-145308_Gallery.thumb.jpg.51b24a8998959434bf25f594a6ecc60a.jpg

Yay babies! :happydance:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
jbb_00
12 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Yay babies! :happydance:

They are soooooper tiny 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
jack1978
20 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

They are soooooper tiny 

...and captive bred 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
36 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

They are soooooper tiny 

 

How long have they been in there? 

Share this post


Link to post
jack1978
6 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

 

How long have they been in there? 

....since they were born? 

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
5 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

....since they were born? 

C04F597C-3C79-4497-903A-7331D18D574F.gif.79aaf958703b6efae2b3acbd99034f0d.gif

  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
jbb_00
43 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

 

How long have they been in there? 

No clue to be honest. Just happened to have my head in the stand and when I looked down something moved. That's how I found them.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
1 hour ago, jbb_00 said:

No clue to be honest. Just happened to have my head in the stand and when I looked down something moved. That's how I found them.  

 

Thats crazy. 

 

Did you see the babies @seabass had until recently?

Share this post


Link to post
jbb_00
23 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

 

Thats crazy. 

 

Did you see the babies @seabass had until recently?

I think so ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

The babies will eat live baby brine shrimp.  I wasn't able to transition the first batch them to frozen.  My male has another brood in his mouth, so he will refrain from eating until he releases them (like for at least 3 weeks).  It's simply remarkable.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
jbb_00
7 minutes ago, seabass said:

The babies will eat live baby brine shrimp.  I wasn't able to transition the first batch them to frozen.  My male has another brood in his mouth, so he will refrain from eating until he releases them (like for at least 3 weeks).  It's simply remarkable.

So far I have tried decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, and oyster feast . They went nuts for both but it was hard to tell if they actually ate either due to the size of the food and fish. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
banasophia
3 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

So far I have tried decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, and oyster feast . They went nuts for both but it was hard to tell if they actually ate either due to the size of the food and fish. 

That’s interesting... did the brine shrimp eggs hatch? 

Share this post


Link to post
jbb_00
7 minutes ago, banasophia said:

That’s interesting... did the brine shrimp eggs hatch? 

No, these are for feeding only . They will never hatch . Supposedly they have more nutritional value than live 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
seabass
24 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Aquatic Foods Inc. AFB Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Eggs, for Corals, Fry, Babies and More

I might have to try that.  Beats hatching and feeding live BBS.

Share this post


Link to post
jbb_00
24 minutes ago, seabass said:

I might have to try that.  Beats hatching and feeding live BBS.

Everyone in my tank goes crazy for them. A tiny bit goes a very long way. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
spectra

congrats.............hopefully you can keep them going..............

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
jbb_00

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...