Pod Your Reef

B's Gorgonian Playground (We have BABIES !!! pg7)

jbb

• 4 months later...

I thought I lost this little guy but I caught a glimpse of him in the sump tonight.  It's the only one in the group if the babies that I was able to keep alive.  Not having a nursery for them made it very difficult.  

20200217_205817.thumb.jpg.0f17eb04659b705ccb0ce1a1aea80632.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
  • 1 month later...

Tank is a mess right now but this dude has GROWN . It is the one that used to be in Lawns red sea tank. Currently sitting at 12" across . Might need a bigger tank 🤦‍♂️

20200325_210218.thumb.jpg.5f0f94713bc349362cd8ced75052b8d0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
23 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

You remember,  that one lady that turned into an IG hoe 

What IG...................I only go on here.................

• Like 1
mitten_reef
1 hour ago, jbb_00 said:

Tank is a mess right now but this dude has GROWN . It is the one that used to be in Lawns red sea tank. Currently sitting at 12" across . Might need a bigger tank 🤦‍♂️

20200325_210218.thumb.jpg.5f0f94713bc349362cd8ced75052b8d0.jpg

That’s a museum size specimen!  Geez!  How do you even have any room for anything else in there?

4 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

That’s a museum size specimen!  Geez!  How do you even have any room for anything else in there?

Like I told lawn, I measured 12" across with it leaning on the glass. No telling how wide it would be given enough room.  Tank is only 36x20x20 , I need more room asap.  

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • 1 month later...

Updated FTS 

The Kenya tree has absolutely taken over the entire tank.  I will be removing it bit by bit over the next few weeks / months until it is all gone . 

Anyone local in DFW is free to as much of it as they want. 

20200426_174231.thumb.jpg.1a5a8cfc43fe2aeba1f856e1506c6fb7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 4
Just now, banasophia said:

Wowee thats not a Kenya tree, that’s a Kenya forest!!! It is pretty. 

I will gladly send all of it to your house. 

I kills EVERYTHING. 

• Wow 1

The plan will most likely be to put them down in the fuge for now and just replace the rock with fresh . My LFS wants some of it so I will take a bunch to them . 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

I will gladly send all of it to your house. 

I kills EVERYTHING. 

Oh really? I just read someone saying the same exact thing in a Facebook group and I was surprised... mine touches stuff without any issues... I think I’ll stick to my friendly Kenya tree, but thanks haha... I’ve been happy mine has finally started growing back in... it got huge and I fragged it waaayyy back and regretted it... I dunno though, I just took this pic... maybe it is stinging the zoas... will have to keep an eye on them 

B5D607A1-89AB-45D0-AC01-A864AD276CA4.thumb.jpeg.52b8e2fb83b61f714cea6d67929e49f2.jpeg

The plan will most likely be to put them down in the fuge for now and just replace the rock with fresh . My LFS wants some of it so I will take a bunch to them . 

Yeah it’d be nice to have a fuge or frag tank... I do feel bad tossing out the baby Kenya trees when they really start dropping. I take some to my LFS when they attach to a rubble piece, but they don’t give me anything for them... at least I figure it may support them if they can resell it for a few bucks. Will your LFS give give you anything for them? 

4 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Yeah it’d be nice to have a fuge or frag tank... I do feel bad tossing out the baby Kenya trees when they really start dropping. I take some to my LFS when they attach to a rubble piece, but they don’t give me anything for them... at least I figure it may support them if they can resell it for a few bucks. Will your LFS give give you anything for them? 

I haven't asked for anything , but I've known these guys for years. They give me deals all of the time. I helped them move their store about 6 years ago, and didn't ask for anything but they took care of me . 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

I haven't asked for anything , but I've known these guys for years. They give me deals all of the time. I helped them move their store about 6 years ago, and didn't ask for anything but they took care of me . 

That’s cool... and it’s a win-win if they can rehome the corals... crazy how they are even growing on the walls

6 minutes ago, banasophia said:

That’s cool... and it’s a win-win if they can rehome the corals... crazy how they are even growing on the walls

On the wall is xenia,  I circled all of the kenya in green. Probably missed a ton to be fair . 

I wanted to keep the xenia in the hopes of having a pair of radial filefish to live in it.  Who knows 

20200426_211620.thumb.jpg.4a1f1afc144db5151c5c51bdcf906843.jpg

• Like 2

On the wall is xenia,  I circled all of the kenya in green. Probably missed a ton to be fair . 

I wanted to keep the xenia in the hopes of having a pair of radial filefish to live in it.  Who knows 

20200426_211620.thumb.jpg.4a1f1afc144db5151c5c51bdcf906843.jpg

Oh gotcha, well I think your tank looks really beautiful as is, but definitely understand wanting to keep the invasive corals from totally dominating... will look forward to seeing it after the makeover. Any special plans for how you’ll prevent it from growing back, and what you’ll put there in its place? 

• Like 1