Pod Your Reef

my IM 30 long nano two years later

soggydollar

Great growth on your tank. Can you talk a little bit about your setup equipment and dosing if there is any. I think this is a 30L correct? I have the same one so I am interested to see what others are doing with their similar setup.

soggydollar

I have two radion XR15w lights with one Vortech MP10 connected through the reef link module.  

Recently added a Tunze 9004 skimmer to replace the Ghost skimmer.  

The tank is the Innovative Marine 30 Long.  I do not dose with anything.  I have used the Red Sea reef energy in the past. 

I do water changes twice a month about five gallons each time.

I was running Little Fish biopellets for a while but have stopped.  

I use chemipure and purigen in the Intank media basket.

BRS 4 stage RODI unit

JBJ ATO

Look good. I have been trying to grow GSP in the back of my tank for a while now but it is taking its time. I cant wait until I got a decent size mat like yours.

soggydollar

I gel glued a frag to the back of the tank when I was doing a water change towards the top.

It grows like crazy.  My BTA keeps it in check from covering my overflow.

Christopher Marks

These are gorgeous @soggydollar, it's growing out beautifully! I love the GSP on the back wall and that awesome bubble tip anemone! It looks like it really dominates a few corals but they just make do around it. Has it ever moved on you?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

The GSP seems to have the xenia's under control on the left side.  The BTA is doing ok, it doesn't open up as much as it use to before.  Clown still loves it though.

• Like 2
A Little Blue
13 minutes ago, soggydollar said:

The GSP seems to have the xenia's under control on the left side. 

I have seen 300g with entire back wall covered with GSP. It actually looked pretty nice. I did get a good size frag from the guy for my new frag tank. I usually use GSP or Xenia to test newly established tank. 

• 1 year later...

Four years of growth with two RADION G15'S.  The BTA has split twice and the Colt coral had to be trimmed.  GSP is out of control.....Xenias are almost gone.  Zoas are spreading like weeds. 

Tank.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Christopher Marks

This is incredible @soggydollar!!! 😵

Green star polyps always win out, not even xenia can defeat them haha! It's so cool to see the mat of green polyps spread across the entire back wall now.

I'm always curious about maintenance routines on older tanks, I bet it doesn't need much these days?

• Like 1