inTank Media Baskets

Show off your Freshwater!

JoeMan02

42 minutes ago, JoeMan02 said:

What I posted should work with your size tank, however you may need to add an extra brace (because of water pressure)  and of course the entire filter would need to be amped up in size according to the tank you have. Message me if you need sizing help for pumps, chambers, etc...

Like and subscribe if this helped you out!

great tutorial. I like the idea of making it into an AIO. Not sure I'm up for DIY right now though. Broke my dominant hand awhile ago and still have limited use of it. Maybe though. I'll keep you posted.

9 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

great tutorial. I like the idea of making it into an AIO. Not sure I'm up for DIY right now though. Broke my dominant hand awhile ago and still have limited use of it. Maybe though. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks! hope you heal soon! maybe you can make your husband build it because its technically his tank haha

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, JoeMan02 said:

Thanks! hope you heal soon! maybe you can make your husband build it because its technically his tank haha

He will for sure if I ask him to. He just doesn't pay attention to details like I do.

• 2 weeks later...
Thunder Goose
31 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Should I put a blue background on this?

No one does it on the spec tanks but I find the plants stand out more with the blue

20170814_130034.jpg

I have a blue background on my planted tank and I really like it.

This is a pretty tank!

3 hours ago, Clown79 said:

No one does it on the spec tanks but I find the plants stand out more with the blue

20170814_130034.jpg

Blue or black would give it depth

3 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Cleaning it out??

Yep

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Clown79 said:

How did the clean out go?

Tank is scratched even more than I realized. Oh well, it is what it is. Need to pick up a couple gallons of peroxide today to try to kill any remaining algae on glass and the few rocks that were in there that I want to use. Fish are swimming around in a big plastic bin with just an ayirstone-hopefully they'll be okay for another day or two.  I'll post a picture later today.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Clown79 said:

20170814_130034.jpg

I've done blue on my fresh... A custom paint color from HD.

I've seen some really cool effects obtained by using adhesive window frost and colored LED strips behind the tank.

Love the tank by the way! Very serene... ?

• Like 1
Thunder Goose
13 minutes ago, JcSH2o said:

I've seen some really cool effects obtained by using adhesive window frost and colored LED strips behind the tank.

What an interesting idea! 

I used Velcro to stick some batik fabric to the back of a 55 I used to have. It hid the wires and was blue so it gave a nice background.

So here's my problem:

When I took the tank off of the ledge that it was on a big chunk of drywall came with it-more than just a spackle job. It has to be repaired (nope, I'm not half assing it, even though most of it will be hidden). This is going to take some time between the repair and the paint...Ugh. As long as it took me to finally start this project...But now I want it done. How long can the fish handle being in the tub with just an air stone? should I put the HOB on it? I feel like they are so cramped in there. 

How many fish we talking about? The filter should be on, regardless of the length of time. The bacteria that is established in the filter will prevent an ammonia spike.

4 minutes ago, RayWhisperer said:

How many fish we talking about? The filter should be on, regardless of the length of time. The bacteria that is established in the filter will prevent an ammonia spike.

3 Gouramis about 2 1/2-3 inches. 1 shark about 4 1/2-5 inches. one little Cory. No biological filter left in the filter as I wasn't planning on reusing it so I cleaned it. But I do have all of the gravel left in buckets with water. I can add some of it to the bin, but they have been sitting out in the heat so I don't know if that would be safe. I'm going to add some prime and put the filter on just to help keep it clean.

They'll be cramped, but fine.

if you have any, use some ammozorb, or whatever that crap is called. The white looking carbon for noobs. Use about 50/50 with carbon. The gravel will work. The filter would have been better, but the gravel is better than nothing. If you didn't clean the intake tube, the filter will still have tons of bacteria in there. Being dried over the course of a day, or two, will just make the bacteria dormant. It'll fire back up in a matter of 24 hours when it's put back in the water.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, RayWhisperer said:

They'll be cramped, but fine.

if you have any, use some ammozorb, or whatever that crap is called. The white looking carbon for noobs. Use about 50/50 with carbon. The gravel will work. The filter would have been better, but the gravel is better than nothing. If you didn't clean the intake tube, the filter will still have tons of bacteria in there. Being dried over the course of a day, or two, will just make the bacteria dormant. It'll fire back up in a matter of 24 hours when it's put back in the water.

Yea, I though about running to petco and getting some Ammo crapB), intakes are all clean. maybe still little in the u part cuz I couldn't get the brush to bend.

13 hours ago, JcSH2o said:

Thank you.

A lot of ppl leave the spec clear but I find the plants just disappear. 

Very cool ideas!

11 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

3 Gouramis about 2 1/2-3 inches. 1 shark about 4 1/2-5 inches. one little Cory. No biological filter left in the filter as I wasn't planning on reusing it so I cleaned it. But I do have all of the gravel left in buckets with water. I can add some of it to the bin, but they have been sitting out in the heat so I don't know if that would be safe. I'm going to add some prime and put the filter on just to help keep it clean.

I'd run the filter. It will help. 

Add some of the gravel should help as well.

Any rocks you have may help too.

• Like 1