Innovative Marine Aquariums

Show off your Freshwater!

JoeMan02

4 minutes ago, JoeMan02 said:

My 60g cichlid aquarium and my favorite fish, tmy Z-Rock hap.

IMG_3211.JPG

IMG_3214.JPG

I love cichlids. I've kept all kinds over the years but I finally had enough of them and never went back. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

I love cichlids. I've kept all kinds over the years but I finally had enough of them and never went back. lol

Ha! They can be moody punks at times.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, JoeMan02 said:

Ha! They can be moody punks at times.

They are either fighting or f*cking stuff up.  lol......,, Or making babies in my case.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • JoeMan02 changed the title to Show off your Freshwater!

I love cichlids. I really enjoyed my 55g cichlid tank. Interesting fish.

I think if I had a house and money, I'd probably have 10 tanks.lol.

5.5g planted betta and African dwarf frog tank

20170803_172638.jpg

• Like 9

Mines just a basic betta tank hahaha.  I did reef first then fresh, so... yeah... lol  I have a couple pygmy cories in there too.  They are really fun to watch!  I love those little dudes. And Schroedinger the mystery snail and a nerite.

20170804_083746.jpg

• Like 6

awesome looking tanks all around! @Alexraptor that piranha though!! Watch your fingers during waterchanges bro lol. @tunagirll thats such a cool aquascape! I love the simplicity of the rock work and the carpet, it looks very elegant. @Clown79 and @Tamberav Bettas and plants are always cool looking together idk why I've never kept one. @fishfreak0114  All super cool looking tanks! Us teens know what we're doing ;-)

• Like 2

The aggression of Piranha's is way overrated, at least as far as your average Redbellied Piranha is concerned, the Solitary Serrasalmids on the other hand are a different story.

I've been doing normal hands on maintenance for the past15 years I've had him and never been bitten. ;) 

• Like 4
Just now, Alexraptor said:

The aggression of Piranha's is way overrated, at least as far as your average Redbellied Piranha is concerned, the Solitary Serrasalmids on the other hand are a different story.

I've been doing normal hands on maintenance for the past15 years I've had him and never been bitten. ;) 

did you typo and mean 5 or is that actually 15?  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

did you typo and mean 5 or is that actually 15?  

No typo, 15. :)

Very well cared for individuals that live into the low 20's are not unheard of either, and there are unsubstantiated anecdotes of Redbellies even living to be 30.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Alexraptor said:

daaaayyyuuummm thats an old fish!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Alexraptor said:

No typo, 15. :)

Very well cared for individuals that live into the low 20's are not unheard of either, and there are unsubstantiated anecdotes of Redbellies even living to be 30.

Wow thats super cool.  Do you have a build thread? How hard are they to care for?  I've admired his tank on IG for a bit now... :P (aka enough to make me want to research for possibly keeping one, I have always likes watching the pirahanas at the zoo's exhibit)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

Wow thats super cool.  Do you have a build thread? How hard are they to care for?  I've admired his tank on IG for a bit now... :P (aka enough to make me want to research for possibly keeping one, I have always likes watching the pirahanas at the zoo's exhibit)

No build thread, well not one that exists or is maintained anywhere, it all sort of has just come together over time lol.

They aren't hard at all, I keep mine on a staple diet of Hikari Gold Cichlid Pellets. Well rounded diet for predatory fish and doesn't mess up the tank like raw meats and live feeders would.

One probably should have a larger tank than I have, but he's content there and at his age I simply don't have the heart to move him and stress him out needlessly.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Alexraptor said:

No build thread, well not one that exists or is maintained anywhere, it all sort of has just come together over time lol.

They aren't hard at all, I keep mine on a staple diet of Hikari Gold Cichlid Pellets. Well rounded diet for predatory fish and doesn't mess up the tank like raw meats and live feeders would.

One probably should have a larger tank than I have, but he's content there and at his age I simply don't have the heart to move him and stress him out needlessly.

do you have any good sites where I can do some reading on them?

My 9 gal cube. It has a pair of pea puffers that's about 2 years old, and 2 otos. In a 2 gal tank I am raising pond snails for the puffers

IMG_0511.JPG

• Like 7