Top Shelf Aquatics

little brown bugs on tank glass

JoeMan02

Ello ya'll, I noticed a bunch of little tiny bug-like things crawling on the tank glass. Are these things harmful in any way? sorry that the picture is so blurry, they're really small!:lol:

p.s. they move really fast as well

IMG_3115.JPG

Well, can't say without a better picture, but if they're on the glass it's a good sign.  It means they aren't exclusively on your corals eating them.  

If they are also on your corals, then maybe it's not good.

Do they almost look like they have a shell? If you look really, really closely? Could be baby snail, could be something completely different, could be one of these:

I've found these on the glass, along the sandbed, recently on a coral that had just been fed (the coral is perfectly fine), etc:

1 hour ago, holy carp said:

Well, can't say without a better picture, but if they're on the glass it's a good sign.  It means they aren't exclusively on your corals eating them.  

If they are also on your corals, then maybe it's not good.

I dont see any on my corals, thanks! It should be okay

1 hour ago, Mariaface said:

Do they almost look like they have a shell? If you look really, really closely? Could be baby snail, could be something completely different, could be one of these:

I've found these on the glass, along the sandbed, recently on a coral that had just been fed (the coral is perfectly fine), etc:

They dont have a shell and as far as i can tell they look EXACTLY like that picture. Thanks a bunch!!