Pod Your Reef

schgr.cube's Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon (Photo dump 10/31/2017)

schgr.cube

Thrassian Atoll

What size t5?  I was thinking about getting a T5 combo.  Is he able to put a gooseneck on it ?  Final dimension of the light?  

1 hour ago, TILTON said:

What size t5?  I was thinking about getting a T5 combo.  Is he able to put a gooseneck on it ?  Final dimension of the light?  

Weird, I could swear that I replied to this, but it seems to have disappeared!

The fixture is 24" x 10", and is only available with a hanging kit. Check out his thread on them:

I don't know if he is making them anymore though, or at least in this body style. There are a few used ones that pop up from time to time. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, teenyreef said:

That looks sweet! It's a hybrid? Looks like the one I have over my 30g. 

It is the beginnings of a custom one at least! This is just the empty shell, which I had Dave leave the raw finish on. Yours was powder coated white (I didn't realize when I had asked him to make it this way, he only made them black or white!). I will have black acrylic where I believe yours was blue, and then only two T5 bulbs (for now).

• Like 1

Looking for opinions, have a kind of tricky situation. My wife and I are leaving for a week long vacation tomorrow. While my mom will be feeding the cats and fish, as well as topping off water (of course I neglected to buy an ATO beforehand), I don't trust her to do anything more than that. I was feeding the tank last night, and noticed what appears to be ich on my tailspot. While I could likely go out tonight and get everything to set up a quarantine tank and medication, I don't know if this will make things too tricky for my mom to handle... I looked at Polyp Labs Medic and Kick Ich, both claiming to be reef safe, but I just don't know if I trust that. Should I chance it and have my mom treat with one of those two meds, try to set up a QT tank, or just wait it out until I get back Friday night to start full treatment myself.

:tears:

• Sad 1
fishfreak0114

Well I've seen fish at fish stores absolutely covered in ich and they're alive, so I think he could probably make it through the week.  Don't take my word for it though.  I don't think I could ever trust fish treatment to someone else, I'd just worry too much that they'd eff it up and kill the fish by accident.  That sucks! :( I hope you can get it figured out.

Great tank and great pictures! Looking forward to see that light, love the 'raw' aluminium finish.

I would personally wait until I get back to properly treat the fish if need be. Rushing to put it in quarantine might stress it even more (and you have to take into account that it may not be Ich at all :D)

On 9/1/2017 at 1:28 PM, fishfreak0114 said:

Well I've seen fish at fish stores absolutely covered in ich and they're alive, so I think he could probably make it through the week.  Don't take my word for it though.  I don't think I could ever trust fish treatment to someone else, I'd just worry too much that they'd eff it up and kill the fish by accident.  That sucks! :( I hope you can get it figured out.

Very true, and I have worked at a fish store and coral farm in the past. It is one of those things that can be fairly harmless and easy to treat, or the start of a quick decline that you just can't estimate correctly. I normally wouldn't worry, but I really like my one clown, and my two new fish (the mis-bar clown will be finding a new home, due to fish-disagreements). Oh well, nothing I can do now, it will have to wait until Friday night.

13 hours ago, madtrax said:

Great tank and great pictures! Looking forward to see that light, love the 'raw' aluminium finish.

I would personally wait until I get back to properly treat the fish if need be. Rushing to put it in quarantine might stress it even more (and you have to take into account that it may not be Ich at all :D)

Thanks, I can't wait for the light at all! We will see how it turns out this weekend.

And yeah, I am waiting now, there wasn't anything I could do before I left. I have had my mom looking at the fish for my while I'm gone, and she didn't notice any white spots, but she isn't the most attentive.

I'm back home!!

We had a great time at the beach, but boy did I miss my kitties and my aquarium! It feels great to be back home.

I didn't get any exciting pictures at the beach, I always forget to bring my camera with me.

36697451760_c8f411208c_b.jpg

The tank survived my absence, although I haven't seen my green banded goby yet, my red hornet zoa seems super pissed, and I lost one of my new palys. Oh well, should have a few new items this coming week.

In other news, my light shipped today! @DaveFason messaged me saying that there was a slight problem with the acrylic for the top panels (not his fault), but he had found these metal ones for me to use temporarily while I waited for replacements. I honestly think they look pretty badass, and don't think I will even want him to send acrylic ones, but we will see!

36697451780_39f1ee4942_c.jpg

36697451820_33311f1284_c.jpg

I LOVE how the raw metal turned out, and how well it contrasts with the black panels. I feel like I have a truly unique light, and can't wait to get it. I don't know if it will make it this weekend due to the storm, but that is obviously way more important than anything I have going on.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but my good friend Sammy who made my old custom LED light and sump for my ADA years ago lives in Puerto Rico, and him and his family are all safe and sound thankfully. I am keeping everyone in Irma's path in my thoughts, I hope for the best.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

I'm back home!!

We had a great time at the beach, but boy did I miss my kitties and my aquarium! It feels great to be back home.

I didn't get any exciting pictures at the beach, I always forget to bring my camera with me.

36697451760_c8f411208c_b.jpg

The tank survived my absence, although I haven't seen my green banded goby yet, my red hornet zoa seems super pissed, and I lost one of my new palys. Oh well, should have a few new items this coming week.

In other news, my light shipped today! @DaveFason messaged me saying that there was a slight problem with the acrylic for the top panels (not his fault), but he had found these metal ones for me to use temporarily while I waited for replacements. I honestly think they look pretty badass, and don't think I will even want him to send acrylic ones, but we will see!

36697451780_39f1ee4942_c.jpg

36697451820_33311f1284_c.jpg

I LOVE how the raw metal turned out, and how well it contrasts with the black panels. I feel like I have a truly unique light, and can't wait to get it. I don't know if it will make it this weekend due to the storm, but that is obviously way more important than anything I have going on.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but my good friend Sammy who made my old custom LED light and sump for my ADA years ago lives in Puerto Rico, and him and his family are all safe and sound thankfully. I am keeping everyone in Irma's path in my thoughts, I hope for the best.

Yeah our grocery stores are totally sold out of almost all water lol.  I have some empty distilled water jugs that I'll be filling with water just in case, though I don't expect to need it.  Best to be prepared though.

10 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Yeah our grocery stores are totally sold out of almost all water lol.  I have some empty distilled water jugs that I'll be filling with water just in case, though I don't expect to need it.  Best to be prepared though.

Ugh that sucks...I usually try to keep a bunch of water on hand at all times, just because our house is old and prone to issues. I'd rather have it and not need it.

• Like 1

My new light will be here tomorrow, and I have a few other goodies coming this week. Ordered a second heater to prepare for cold weather (will have two 75w neotherms, just in case one fails), intank filter floss baskets and a fuge basket, as well as a small grow light to put on the back glass. 

I was not able to grab all of the coral I wanted to today, but I did get two freebies in the form of Gobstopper and Sunny D palys. Also grabbed a bumblebee snail to see if it will put a dent in my Vermatid problem, as well as a little emerald crab. 

• Like 2

Figured I should post some shots while I'm at it:

36318368824_dd2e02b0c0_b.jpg

37012041111_3d2367d462_h.jpg

If either of those two misbehave, they have another home they can go to.

I also wanted to show some of the current SPS coloration, as most everything was near white when I got it. It might be nice to document and see how things change.

36318369004_15f7eb4026_h.jpg

37012040871_8979cfdd5e_h.jpg

37012041151_ebddd6e46c_b.jpg

• Like 4

New light; a custom NanoBox Reef hybrid:

Got my light, and I am absolutely blown away! I need to fine tune my settings / schedule for everything, but I am super happy with it so far. I also need to redo my hanging setup, but I do have a plan for that! Just a few shots because I'm too excited not to share, but I didn't clean the glass or focus really well :happy:

Full tank shot:

36362829033_8c4b112303_k.jpg

The Sunny D I got yesterday:

36362828773_cfb724e24a_k.jpg

I'll fix the cord and the hanging setup this week, I just couldn't wait to get it above the tank. I will also be lowering it quite a bit more:

36362828373_3dedb6ad24_k.jpg

More updates to come on Wednesday.

• Like 8
Thrassian Atoll
13 minutes ago, schgr.cube said:

Hahaha seriously? It is so worth it!

Yeah, no joke.  After seeing yours I paid him today to make me one.  I want more spread and to elimating shadowing.  Figured this was the best route.  I am doing 3 led pucks and the T5s.

What T5 bulbs are you running?  Thinking about going Blue+ and Coral+

• Like 1
  • schgr.cube changed the title to schgr.cube's Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon (Photo dump 10/31/2017)