Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

schgr.cube's Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon (Photo dump 10/31/2017)

schgr.cube

1 hour ago, medinar83 said:

Amazing tank, your tank helped me pull the trigger on ordering one, I should be getting it in a few days, any need for a mesh cover? Any jumpers? 

Thank you for the kind words, I don't think you'll regret your choice at all! No jumpers yet, but I have never had an issue with fish jumping. I know that is only good luck on my part, but I am going to make a cover soon as I am debating buying a bluespot jawfish in the near future... :unsure:

• Like 1
On 8/5/2017 at 4:09 PM, schgr.cube said:

IT'S WET!!

35557730194_f6dac401fd_k.jpg

The transition went well, but I was really really stupid and forgot to measure the salinity in my pre-mixed water before I moved everything over. I measured after, and it was at 1.020, so I've been trying to get it up (carefully) to an acceptable level. A few things seem really upset, but this could still be due to the move, and not just the wild salinity swing. I hope my inverts are okay. :scarry:

Took this last shot of the tank under natural light while I was moving the tanks around.

36348413236_4f6bec4c44_k.jpg

I'll try to get a good full tank shot once the water clears. I don't even know if I like my aquascape yet, I kind of felt my way through it blind.

Question for you sir, I've been admiring your awesome skills with this tank from the start, I'm  kinda doing the same tonight, swapping from a 16 to now this awesome Lagoon 25, did you do a full transfer the same day? Rock and all live stock? I was planning on putting down new sand, exciting live rock and about 10 gallons from my 16nano, wait a bit for the dust to settle an drop all live stock (corals and fish) is that what you did? Thank you in advance. 

8 minutes ago, medinar83 said:

Question for you sir, I've been admiring your awesome skills with this tank from the start, I'm  kinda doing the same tonight, swapping from a 16 to now this awesome Lagoon 25, did you do a full transfer the same day? Rock and all live stock? I was planning on putting down new sand, exciting live rock and about 10 gallons from my 16nano, wait a bit for the dust to settle an drop all live stock (corals and fish) is that what you did? Thank you in advance. 

That is exactly what I did! I used SeaChem Stability for the first week, and monitored everything very carefully. I did a 15% water change after the first week as well. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, schgr.cube said:

That is exactly what I did! I used SeaChem Stability for the first week, and monitored everything very carefully. I did a 15% water change after the first week as well. 

Awesome!!!! Thank you 

7 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

How many hours did it take for it to clear up and drop some rock/live stock, just added the water to mine, waiting now, kinda feeling bad for my fish haha 

6 hours ago, medinar83 said:

How many hours did it take for it to clear up and drop some rock/live stock, just added the water to mine, waiting now, kinda feeling bad for my fish haha 

I did it all at once, even with the cloudiness. I was fairly careful while filling as to not disturb the sand like crazy, but obviously it’s impossible to avoid that entirely. I placed my rocks in my sand as it was dry, and then started filling. Moved the fish over once it was about halfway and then kept going until I was done! It cleared up in a few hours. 

On 10/8/2017 at 5:52 AM, schgr.cube said:

I did it all at once, even with the cloudiness. I was fairly careful while filling as to not disturb the sand like crazy, but obviously it’s impossible to avoid that entirely. I placed my rocks in my sand as it was dry, and then started filling. Moved the fish over once it was about halfway and then kept going until I was done! It cleared up in a few hours. 

I should of been a bit smarter and patient when filling the tank, 12hrs later and I just dropped some rock, GSP, mushroom and xenia ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, medinar83 said:

I should of been a bit smarter and patient when filling the tank, 12hrs later and I just dropped some rock, GSP, mushroom and xenia ?

20171008_082902.jpg

Got some filter floss in the back?  It should help clear some of that up I think.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, medinar83 said:

20171008_082902.jpg

7 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Got some filter floss in the back?  It should help clear some of that up I think.

Yeah, definitely get some filter floss! The InTank floss holders are great btw!

Lots of new SPS, current FTS:

37322777370_67a5059a2f_b.jpg

I am going to do a little test run of taking out a rock to drill for frag plugs tonight, so my tank should get cleaned up a little bit.

Here are a few of todays pickups:

Walt Disney Acro:

37322747670_a83c9094e3_b.jpg

Forest Fire Digi:

23728932148_233c9fba74_b.jpg

Hawkins Echinata:

37322747210_78b12eb43d_b.jpg

Bad picture with a birdsnest in front, but Sunset Milli:

37322747500_306cd2af6f_b.jpg

Bonsai:

23728932018_f3e66c7367_b.jpg

Another bad picture, Meteor Shower Cyphastrea that was attached to the Bonsai plug:

23728931898_4ef185e728_b.jpg

The guy I bought from also had a bunch of nano conches, but only two that he was able to find to give me. Not sure where the other is, but one immediately got to work. I'll definitely have to get more soon!

23728932298_4ed1c88c5d_b.jpg

Enjoy!

• Like 5
54 minutes ago, schgr.cube said:

Lots of new SPS, current FTS:

37322777370_67a5059a2f_b.jpg

I am going to do a little test run of taking out a rock to drill for frag plugs tonight, so my tank should get cleaned up a little bit.

Here are a few of todays pickups:

Walt Disney Acro:

37322747670_a83c9094e3_b.jpg

Forest Fire Digi:

23728932148_233c9fba74_b.jpg

Hawkins Echinata:

37322747210_78b12eb43d_b.jpg

Bad picture with a birdsnest in front, but Sunset Milli:

37322747500_306cd2af6f_b.jpg

Bonsai:

23728932018_f3e66c7367_b.jpg

Another bad picture, Meteor Shower Cyphastrea that was attached to the Bonsai plug:

23728931898_4ef185e728_b.jpg

The guy I bought from also had a bunch of nano conches, but only two that he was able to find to give me. Not sure where the other is, but one immediately got to work. I'll definitely have to get more soon!

23728932298_4ed1c88c5d_b.jpg

Enjoy!

Nice pickups!  Nano conchs are so cool!

12 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Nice pickups!  Nano conchs are so cool!

Thanks!

And I agree, I definitely want to get more, as well as a few more interesting inverts.

I am going to order new test kits this week, as now that I am going SPS heavy, I need to think about dosing. I'm not sure if I should just got with Kalk and keep it easier / cheaper, or do a 2 part. What dosers does everyone recommend? It seems like the Jebao is actually quite well reviewed, and pretty cheap!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Just try the Jebao. I used one for a bit and really enjoyed it. 

-Dave

Yeah I think I am going to. I will wait a little bit and keep an eye on parameters before pulling the trigger, but I at least want a plan in place if I need it.

• Like 1
On 10/9/2017 at 8:16 AM, schgr.cube said:

Thanks!

And I agree, I definitely want to get more, as well as a few more interesting inverts.

I am going to order new test kits this week, as now that I am going SPS heavy, I need to think about dosing. I'm not sure if I should just got with Kalk and keep it easier / cheaper, or do a 2 part. What dosers does everyone recommend? It seems like the Jebao is actually quite well reviewed, and pretty cheap!

In-line with the Jebao, consider the Coralbox wifi doser! It's a 4 head, wifi controllable doser. I currently am using one and found the wireless aspect incredibly convenient. Furthermore, the doser has been holding its calibration really well, and can be easily recalibrated as well. 

8 minutes ago, xiaoxiy said:

In-line with the Jebao, consider the Coralbox wifi doser! It's a 4 head, wifi controllable doser. I currently am using one and found the wireless aspect incredibly convenient. Furthermore, the doser has been holding its calibration really well, and can be easily recalibrated as well. 

Ooooh that seems like a really good option! Thanks for the heads up, I will have to seriously consider that.

A while back I ordered this set of four 8mm clips to hold up a lid off eBay, which took quite a bit to get here. Well I finally received the package after quite a bit, and received only ONE. I thought maybe I was stupid, and that I was supposed to order four separate clips, but looking back at the listing I saw that I was correct. Oh well, I found one of my old clips for my IM10, which conveniently fits on the overflow acrylic in the back. I am going to cut each of these in half, and use two on the front sides and two on the back acrylic. I may be buying a fish soon that is prone to jumping... :haha:

37499660040_e403192bba_b.jpg

I also sort of inherited a 20 gallon cherry shrimp tank, which is a little rough around the edges. I'm torn between cleaning it up and leaving it be, or starting it over a little bit.

37758135161_848627c97f_b.jpg

• Like 3

Clean that sucker up and 'letter rip tater chip !!! My 2 gallon tank I'm about to start was supposed to be a planted tank,but it's gonna be a sps tank instead. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

A while back I ordered this set of four 8mm clips to hold up a lid off eBay, which took quite a bit to get here. Well I finally received the package after quite a bit, and received only ONE. I thought maybe I was stupid, and that I was supposed to order four separate clips, but looking back at the listing I saw that I was correct. Oh well, I found one of my old clips for my IM10, which conveniently fits on the overflow acrylic in the back. I am going to cut each of these in half, and use two on the front sides and two on the back acrylic. I may be buying a fish soon that is prone to jumping... :haha:

37499660040_e403192bba_b.jpg

I also sort of inherited a 20 gallon cherry shrimp tank, which is a little rough around the edges. I'm torn between cleaning it up and leaving it be, or starting it over a little bit.

37758135161_848627c97f_b.jpg

Wheres the lid? Im still debating what im going to do as far as a lid goes. My Flasher Wrasse just jumped :(. I was thinking of hitting up Home depot and cutting some glass, glass lid... bad idea? 

8 minutes ago, medinar83 said:

Wheres the lid? Im still debating what im going to do as far as a lid goes. My Flasher Wrasse just jumped :(. I was thinking of hitting up Home depot and cutting some glass, glass lid... bad idea? 

I’ve read glass tops are bad ideas due to limiting light going through. I haven’t really felt like investigating further because I just don’t want to spend the money on glass anyway. 

I’m going to go with the tried and true window screen lid, but I saw polyplagoon on instagram had shaved down the corners a bit so it fit nice and flush with the silicone. I’ll try to find a nice clean way to do it. 

1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Clean that sucker up and 'letter rip tater chip !!! My 2 gallon tank I'm about to start was supposed to be a planted tank,but it's gonna be a sps tank instead. 

Yeah I think I might just clean it! It’s just for shrimp anyway, nothing special. I always go back and forth on wanting planted tanks, but I feel like I need to set them up perfectly, and then that’s a lot of cash I could have spent on my reef. 

• Like 2

Amen to that,I had priced it all out and I just couldn't swing it. All I need is the tank and I have everything ready for a pico sps tank,besides the leds I had to replace. 

16 hours ago, medinar83 said:

Im still debating what im going to do as far as a lid goes. 

15 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

I’m going to go with the tried and true window screen lid

I got a screen kit from Menards (frame, spline, spline tool) but then went with white netting fabric from Jo Ann's. I liked the look of the fabric over the limited options of screening that Menards had. Plus, the fabric was CHEAP. Just a couple bucks for a whole yard. 

• Like 1
On 10/18/2017 at 9:15 AM, kimberbee said:

I got a screen kit from Menards (frame, spline, spline tool) but then went with white netting fabric from Jo Ann's. I liked the look of the fabric over the limited options of screening that Menards had. Plus, the fabric was CHEAP. Just a couple bucks for a whole yard. 

Hmmm...good to know! I feel like I may have enough to do this for free with the stuff from my last tank that had a lid, but I might have to buy a few things. Thanks for the heads up!

The fall meeting for my reef club was today, and I picked up a few things. I'll have to get photos tomorrow once everything is open, but I was able to get a decent shot of the golden rainbow yuma I picked up. I was also given a decent amount of nano conches, micro brittle stars and what I believe are baby chitons? I'm not sure, but they are tiny and were free! I love my nano inverts.

23992520478_a89e09e44a_b.jpg

Little golden rainbow yuma, there are actually three total on this rock, but this is the biggest.

23992518878_6208e24911_b.jpg

More pictures tomorrow.

• Like 5
  • schgr.cube changed the title to schgr.cube's Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon (Photo dump 10/31/2017)