Coral Vue Hydros

schgr.cube's Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon (Photo dump 10/31/2017)

schgr.cube

On 8/7/2017 at 10:32 PM, schgr.cube said:

I took these shots to put in a for sale thread, as I'm looking to thin out the larger colonies and sell off the yellow polyps, but they were decent shots so I might as well post them.

36036967050_899f26055f_k.jpg

35627579163_30b5f4b091_k.jpg

These Z's & P's are really pretty, like the Blenny, like the tank!!

7 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

These Z's & P's are really pretty, like the Blenny, like the tank!!

Thank you!!! Picking up for more nice Z's and P's tomorrow, pictures will of course follow. 

As an aside, it looks like I'm getting a NanoBox Reef hybrid light, as @DaveFason found a few bodies lying under some stuff in the old shop. :blink: Anyway, despite the apparent murders, I couldn't help myself and whittled down the wife into (sort of) agreeing with me on it. Anyone want to buy a Kessil A160WE?

• Like 2

Not much to update right now, except that I have sold my old tank and Kessil, so I am currently running on a cheapo black box Chinese LED fixture. I should hopefully receive my new light toward the end of the month, or the beginning of September. I don't know if I'll be able to stand waiting this long!

I forgot to mention I grabbed a Porcelain Crab recently:

36317745660_6f8672b2ac_k.jpg

Also, the replacement pump from IM came in, and it is louder than the one with the broken impeller. I am getting really frustrated by this, and will probably just have to pull the trigger on a Sicce Syncra 1.5 :angry:

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

:wub:

Your GSP was opening within hours of being in the tank and is currently happily open!  I need to grab a pic.

:lol:

Great to hear! I hope it gets more love in your tank, and I find one that looks more like I envisioned!

12 hours ago, TILTON said:

Nice fish!

10 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Nice! I hope he does well for you.

Thank you both, he really is a cutie. I guess I need to buy some fish savers for my overflows now...:scarry:

• Like 2
4 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

:lol:

Great to hear! I hope it gets more love in your tank, and I find one that looks more like I envisioned!

Thank you both, he really is a cutie. I guess I need to buy some fish savers for my overflows now...:scarry:

You can see a frag of Weetie's bright green GSP in my 5.5 on the right, the rock with my yellow and purple feather duster!

On 8/22/2017 at 2:36 PM, Lula_Mae said:

You can see a frag of Weetie's bright green GSP in my 5.5 on the right, the rock with my yellow and purple feather duster!

I do like yours! I found a local who has some that looks nice, and he won't accept money for it! I offered!

• Like 1

Some new Zoas and Palys:

Decided to snap some shots of my recent pickups. I decided I am going to keep things on plugs for a bit while I determine where I want things to go, and while I wait on the light. Sorry some of these pictures aren't great.

Orange Rainbow:

36615194592_c8c5fd08b0_k.jpg

Not sure what these are:

36785260495_ba9708c805_k.jpg

Galaxy People Eaters:

36785260205_3994203a22_k.jpg

Sopranos:

36615194382_fac84cbfba_k.jpg

Red Hornet:

36785259725_71e62c2c19_k.jpg

Midas:

36785259505_9f0c0b7457_h.jpg

Goochster?

36615194182_16cc44dc05_h.jpg

Magician:

36615194142_d9b31a1ee5_k.jpg

And just a decent shot of my boring ole shrooms:

36785259095_9c0e314b0f_k.jpg

The Blue Hornet I bought didn't make it, but they are giving me a replacement. I also have Sunny D's, Blue Agaves, Armor of Gods, Purple People Eaters, Pink Krakatoas, and Utter Chaos coming soon. I'm buying / trading locally for a lot of this, so I haven't been paying a ton.

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
fishfreak0114

Great shots!  I have now added a couple things to my zoa wish list!  I really like that red mushroom, I've been trying to find red ones locally with no luck.  What are you using to take photos?

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Great shots!  I have now added a couple things to my zoa wish list!  I really like that red mushroom, I've been trying to find red ones locally with no luck.  What are you using to take photos?

Thanks! If you were closer, I would send you one. Mine came as a hitchhiker on a hermit crabs shell! And I'm using a Samsung NX3000 with an adaptor for Canon lenses. I need to get a new camera eventually, this is kind of a pain!

3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Nice scores!  Magician palys are so gorgeous.

Thanks! I agree, I've always had a soft spot for them. The Blue Agave is one I've never owned, but looks similar. I can't wait to get it though, as it looks amazing. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, jstj0sh said:

I have never seen those Sopranos before... they look soooo nice! 

1 hour ago, Narzyzz_12 said:

Wowzers those Sopranos are super hot!

:lol: I know, aren't they awesome?! I was so happy to find them at a decent price after wanting them years ago, when they were going for like $150 per polyp.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

:lol: I know, aren't they awesome?! I was so happy to find them at a decent price after wanting them years ago, when they were going for like $150 per polyp.

Gee, why didn't you want to pay that much for them? :lol:

18 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Gee, why didn't you want to pay that much for them? :lol:

Oh, no idea! It's sad because I probably would have, but only if I had found them in person instead of online....

Recent FTS,:

36658954072_0da2d6166f_k.jpg

There is a fair bit of shadowing with the temporary light I am using, and the color isn't exactly ideal in person. I am hoping the new light will arrive before I go to the beach so I can have it set up for that week.

• Like 7

@DaveFason sent me a little status update on my light, which should be finished within the week! I had asked him to leave the body as a raw aluminum, as I wanted a more industrial look to the light. Here is the progress on the body so far, and I think we are pretty much ready to move into the final stages.

36087154104_34c37b133f_b.jpg

36525136360_fc7f8fd4c9_b.jpg

I requested black for the acrylic top, which I think will give it a nice contrast. I am so pumped to have this thing up and running, expect it to be above the tank by next Sunday!

• Like 7
  • Wow 1
  • schgr.cube changed the title to schgr.cube's Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon (Photo dump 10/31/2017)