Jump to content
schgr.cube

schgr.cube Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon (New coral added 10/22/2017)

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Came for the cats -they are super cute.

 

I guess I'll stay for tank updates... ;) 

Thanks, I think they are cute too! I wonder how long I could get away with just making this a cat thread...

Share this post


Link to post

Following along. My 25 Lagoon should be wet today! I also have a kitten thats gonna be a pain to keep away from the tank.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, ackattackkk said:

Following along. My 25 Lagoon should be wet today! I also have a kitten thats gonna be a pain to keep away from the tank.

Nice, looks like we are going to both be filling ours today! I demand pictures of the kitten.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, schgr.cube said:

Nice, looks like we are going to both be filling ours today! I demand pictures of the kitten.

I have one pic of her on the box in my Tank thread. Ill post some more for you when I get home. Shes about 11 weeks old, little wild thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Lula_Mae   
3 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

Thanks, I think they are cute too! I wonder how long I could get away with just making this a cat thread...

Post a picture of cats in the tank, call them catfish, boom, done.  Instant license to post about them forever. :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ackattackkk said:

I have one pic of her on the box in my Tank thread. Ill post some more for you when I get home. Shes about 11 weeks old, little wild thing.

So young! Our youngest is 1 1/2 and is still crazy. 

5 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Post a picture of cats in the tank, call them catfish, boom, done.  Instant license to post about them forever. :lol:

That sounds like a good workaround!!

 

Tank won't be wet for a bit, I can't get a finish I like on the stand. I'm getting super frustrated. I wish I could find laminate local to me, but everywhere I can find it has long shipping times. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

So young! Our youngest is 1 1/2 and is still crazy. 

That sounds like a good workaround!!

 

Tank won't be wet for a bit, I can't get a finish I like on the stand. I'm getting super frustrated. I wish I could find laminate local to me, but everywhere I can find it has long shipping times. 

I got mine wet. Tank is actually clearing up pretty quick. I'll post pics tomorrow. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, ackattackkk said:

I got mine wet. Tank is actually clearing up pretty quick. I'll post pics tomorrow. 

Nice, that's great to hear! I'll have to figure something out, I'm itching to get moving. 

Share this post


Link to post

IT'S WET!!

 

35557730194_f6dac401fd_k.jpg

 

The transition went well, but I was really really stupid and forgot to measure the salinity in my pre-mixed water before I moved everything over. I measured after, and it was at 1.020, so I've been trying to get it up (carefully) to an acceptable level. A few things seem really upset, but this could still be due to the move, and not just the wild salinity swing. I hope my inverts are okay. :scarry:

 

Took this last shot of the tank under natural light while I was moving the tanks around.

 

36348413236_4f6bec4c44_k.jpg

 

I'll try to get a good full tank shot once the water clears. I don't even know if I like my aquascape yet, I kind of felt my way through it blind.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/5/2017 at 7:13 PM, fishfreak0114 said:

I hope everything's alright!

Thanks! Things are starting to look okay, but everything was definitely pretty pissed off.

 

First full tank shot:

 

36407061165_e7db904080_k.jpg

 

I'm not 100% satisfied with the scape, but it is pretty close I think. Just a few small adjustments, and I'll be very happy. Coral placement needs to change, and I need to buy another powerhead as well.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

I like it! That branch-like rock is neat. 

Thanks, I like it too!

Share this post


Link to post
Rehype   

Looks really good bud. I think the scape came out great.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ackattackkk said:

That scape is nice!! 😍

 

2 hours ago, Rehype said:

Looks really good bud. I think the scape came out great.

Thanks!!! I made some adjustments already, and am much happier now. I am avoiding my urge to post another picture with just some tiny little changes. -_-

Share this post


Link to post
TILTON   

Looking good!

Share this post


Link to post
jstj0sh   
21 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

Thanks! Things are starting to look okay, but everything was definitely pretty pissed off.

 

First full tank shot:

 

36407061165_e7db904080_k.jpg

 

I'm not 100% satisfied with the scape, but it is pretty close I think. Just a few small adjustments, and I'll be very happy. Coral placement needs to change, and I need to buy another powerhead as well.

 

giphy.gif

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, TILTON said:

Looking good!

 

3 hours ago, jstj0sh said:

 

giphy.gif

 

:lol: Thanks! Now I just need to fill this with coral!

Share this post


Link to post

I took these shots to put in a for sale thread, as I'm looking to thin out the larger colonies and sell off the yellow polyps, but they were decent shots so I might as well post them.

 

36036967050_899f26055f_k.jpg

 

35627579163_30b5f4b091_k.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I forgot to mention that the stock pump was super loud on my tank, and just kept getting louder. I decided to open it up, and found the ceramic rod was broken <_<. The good news is that IM should be replacing it, but I haven't heard back to know when that is. 

 

I debated just upgrading the pump itself, but I have a few other things I want to buy before that happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Lula_Mae   
14 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

I forgot to mention that the stock pump was super loud on my tank, and just kept getting louder. I decided to open it up, and found the ceramic rod was broken <_<. The good news is that IM should be replacing it, but I haven't heard back to know when that is. 

 

I debated just upgrading the pump itself, but I have a few other things I want to buy before that happens. 

Must've gotten the same pump all the contest tanks did lol

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Must've gotten the same pump all the contest tanks did lol

Ugh I didn't even realize this was a common issue... I really hope the replacement comes in quickly, and works correctly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

New fish

 

I forgot to actually introduce Blenny “the Jet” Rodriguez to you all!

 

36509016895_ac8b9db211_k.jpg

 

He has started to warm up quite a bit since we got him, but he still seems somewhat camera shy. This is the best I could get for now, but I am sure I will be able to snap some full shots soon.

 

Still no replacement pump from IM, although I got an email from them yesterday saying it was going to be shipped then. It is getting quite annoying dealing with this noise though.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
jstj0sh   
2 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

I forgot to actually introduce Blenny “the Jet” Rodriguez to you all!

 

36509016895_ac8b9db211_k.jpg

 

He has started to warm up quite a bit since we got him, but he still seems somewhat camera shy. This is the best I could get for now, but I am sure I will be able to snap some full shots soon.

 

Still no replacement pump from IM, although I got an email from them yesterday saying it was going to be shipped then. It is getting quite annoying dealing with this noise though.

tenor.gif.794eb8ac06e29ba4f3d70f854990a93b.gif

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recommended Discussions

  • Sign Up or Sign In to hide this.

×