inTank Media Baskets

schgr.cube's Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon (Photo dump 10/31/2017)

schgr.cube

4 minutes ago, TILTON said:

Yeah, no joke.  After seeing yours I paid him today to make me one.  I want more spread and to elimating shadowing.  Figured this was the best route.  I am doing 3 led pucks and the T5s.

What T5 bulbs are you running?  Thinking about going Blue+ and Coral+

That's awesome, I should ask him for a commission :lol: that is the exact bulb combination I am using. I had the blue+ up front, but switched it because I like things to look a little more crisp. 

1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

Light looks awesome!  And the Sunny D too! :happy:

Thanks!! I've been going paly crazy lately. Have more coming lol. 

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll
Just now, schgr.cube said:

That's awesome, I should ask him for a commission :lol: that is the exact bulb combination I am using. I had the blue+ up front, but switched it because I like things to look a little more crisp. 

?  Yeah, I shouldn't have jumped on the Duo so quickly.  It's a nice light but a little to small I think to do an sps dominant on the Lagoon.  It's not reaching the sides as much as I would like.  So you recommend that bulb combo then?

10 hours ago, TILTON said:

?  Yeah, I shouldn't have jumped on the Duo so quickly.  It's a nice light but a little to small I think to do an sps dominant on the Lagoon.  It's not reaching the sides as much as I would like.  So you recommend that bulb combo then?

I mean I would have felt comfortable with the duo, and think the light looks great with just the LEDs on, but I really wanted the benefits of T5 as well. I love the bulb combo so far, but I'll have to see how it does over time. I can keep you updated over the next few weeks while you wait for your light :P

9 hours ago, gogeta said:

That light is awesome!!

Thanks!! I am super happy with it so far.

• Haha 1

LOVE the light! Do I see two extra T5 bays that have no bulbs in them?  I'm still thinking about rigging up two T5HO single-tube growlight to supplement my quad (front and back).  That or I might have to start saving up for a new fixture. 

And you'll not be disappointed in getting that Sunny D's - my most favorite zoa/paly. 

Sorry in advance for dropping my pic here, but here's what you can look forward to. Here's my colony glowing under NBR Quad. 

36789621580_4bb742e098_b.jpg

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

LOVE the light! Do I see two extra T5 bays that have no bulbs in them?  I'm still thinking about rigging up two T5HO single-tube growlight to supplement my quad (front and back).  That or I might have to start saving up for a new fixture. 

And you'll not be disappointed in getting that Sunny D's - my most favorite zoa/paly. 

Sorry in advance for dropping my pic here, but here's what you can look forward to. Here's my colony glowing under NBR Quad. 

36789621580_4bb742e098_b.jpg

Good eye! There are two extra T5 bulb spots, but I opted not to include them for now just due to cost. I can always have them added later if I wish, but I don't think it will be necessary on this tank. I had originally thought about buying a duo and then adding T5, but when Dave said he had a body left to make this fixture, I jumped on it just because of how clean it would look comparatively.

And don't worry, I am always happy to see other peoples goodies! That is a lovely colony, I am definitely looking forward to seeing mine grow. I love buying single polyps just so I can really track their growth well, and feel like I grew something out of almost nothing!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Tmr8188 said:

That light is making me want to ditch my ati+reefbrites....

;) I wouldn't blame you...

7 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Definitely won't be a problem lol my list isn't that good !!! You'll get there !! 

You do have a lot of good ones though, and ones I have had in the past that I miss having!

7 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Definitely won't be a problem lol my list isn't that good !!! You'll get there !! 

You do have a lot of good ones though, and ones I have had in the past that I miss having!

Had a lot of pick ups today, most of which aren't even open yet. Most of this was free as well!

36453815624_3d0ca4134b_k.jpg

Baby short tentacle plate:

36453813004_5a6658ad8c_k.jpg

Jack-o-Lantern Lepto:

36453812554_451707e88a_k.jpg

Purple and blue blasto:

36893393130_5fab81601d_k.jpg

Pink zipper-ish?

36893392660_e72d60d2bb_k.jpg

Some sort of birdsnest:

36453811284_777f351cb4_k.jpg

There are more zoas and palys, but they still haven't opened.

I also got this paly from someone recently for free, and it looks a lot like the very toxic one that made everyone pay attention to palys toxicity. Any ideas on this, or should I just dump it?

36453816334_310954edf8_k.jpg

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I agree, and that blasto is gorgeous!  This is a really nice haul. :happy:

It really was! I also got armor of gods, blow pops, and radioactive dragon eyes. Also TWO different types of GSP (one of which I may send you, if you don't have it already). 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

It really was! I also got armor of gods, blow pops, and radioactive dragon eyes. Also TWO different types of GSP (one of which I may send you, if you don't have it already). 

Oh, awesome!  I think I may have lost all the GSP frags from the 3 gallon as none have opened in days/a couple weeks despite moving to the 5.5.  The one you sent me is getting covered in algae. :(  I'd love to see a pic of the blowpops as I've been interested what they look like in someone's actual tank lol.

6 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Oh, awesome!  I think I may have lost all the GSP frags from the 3 gallon as none have opened in days/a couple weeks despite moving to the 5.5.  The one you sent me is getting covered in algae. :(  I'd love to see a pic of the blowpops as I've been interested what they look like in someone's actual tank lol.

Oh nooo! That isn't good, hopefully they all pull through! I have two types now, so I can send a little of each if you pay shipping. I'll try to get pictures of the potential blow pops, I am away from home for a work event until tomorrow night.

In other news, Innovative Marine has decided to upgrade my stand to one of their new APS stands, which should be here Friday!! I'll post pictures and whatnot once I get it, but I am very excited to check it out.

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, schgr.cube said:

Oh nooo! That isn't good, hopefully they all pull through! I have two types now, so I can send a little of each if you pay shipping. I'll try to get pictures of the potential blow pops, I am away from home for a work event until tomorrow night.

In other news, Innovative Marine has decided to upgrade my stand to one of their new APS stands, which should be here Friday!! I'll post pictures and whatnot once I get it, but I am very excited to check it out.

Schgr I'm  curious what happened to your stand  ?

2 hours ago, Fishy snowman said:

Schgr I'm  curious what happened to your stand  ?

Nothing really happened, but I was way too impatient to set up my tank, and didn't finish the stand the way I wanted to. I was planning on living with it, but Innovative Marine ended up getting in contact with me and offered one of their new stands to get some feedback on it. Total win-win!

• Like 2
13 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

Nothing really happened, but I was way too impatient to set up my tank, and didn't finish the stand the way I wanted to. I was planning on living with it, but Innovative Marine ended up getting in contact with me and offered one of their new stands to get some feedback on it. Total win-win!

Wow.  That's Awesome. Good for you. 

17 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

Awesome, I do hope they pull through.  Yay for new stand!

• schgr.cube changed the title to schgr.cube's Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon (Photo dump 10/31/2017)