Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

easing Hi Fin Goby stress in QT

lkoechle

What can I do to help ease stress on my new Hi Fin Goby pair in qt?  I have a couple PVC pieces anythere.  anything else I can do to reduce stress? 

RayWhisperer

What about getting a pvc T and 4 90's? Cut 3 pieces of pvc at about 3 to 4", then cut 2 pieces at about 1 to 1.5". Put the T between the short pieces, then make a square with the 90's and the remaining pieces. I'd drill some small holes in the pvc in a few places to ensure they don't use up all the oxygen when hiding over night in there.

Well I have a fake anemone in the tank and they seem to like hiding in it.  the female ate this morning, the male didbt and dinky clown didn't either.   We will see how the next couple days go as they adjust to the qt tank.

cfaye@Delaware

Hi, just popping in real quick.....Lula_Mae had a QT tank that I thought was nice the picture is in her tank journal thread toward some of the last pages. The new fish she had in it looked pretty comfy I think......looked like it was a nice set up. You might want to talk to her a bit. 

MedievalITGuy

I just recently moved my Randall's goby back into the main display after an ich quarantine session. There's not much you can do to make them more comfortable, at least that I've found. Everything I added to try and make him more comfortable here either shunned, or hid underneath of, instead of inside of. 

I will say, the one positive effect that came out of it all was that the goby is much less shy about coming outside his burrow, now that he's back in the main display. I guess he feels much more secure compared to a glass bottom with PVC to take cover under. Your mileage may vary.