Jump to content
Lugmos12

Broke branching hammer

Recommended Posts

Lugmos12

So i was trying to trim the skeleton of my hammer and i broke the entire thing into three pieces. ugh it was doing really well :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
thespinningsadhu

Why would you be trying to trim it? Not being a smart ass - I just truly don't know - is it like pruning?

Share this post


Link to post
Lugmos12

I was just trying to trim the skeleton so that I could stick it into a rock ;)

Share this post


Link to post
GregEmmitte

Picture?

Share this post


Link to post
Lugmos12

@GregEmmitte I threw it out. It broke vertically into three pieces

Share this post


Link to post
GregEmmitte

Was there any flesh left attached to the skeleton? It may have been viable.

Share this post


Link to post
Lugmos12
23 minutes ago, GregEmmitte said:

Was there any flesh left attached to the skeleton? It may have been viable.

There were a few tips attached. damn it! :furious:

Share this post


Link to post
TheKleinReef

If you do that deliberately it's called fragging. Lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Lugmos12

@TheKleinReef

 

I'm so pissed at myself LOL  hopefully i'll find a local reefer that sells cheap frags

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79

I cracked a hammer skeleton in half right to the flesh. I glued the skeleton back together, figured I'd try it...it worked.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Lugmos12
28 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I cracked a hammer skeleton in half right to the flesh. I glued the skeleton back together, figured I'd try it...it worked.

 

 

 

 

pic or it didn't happen? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79

I didn't take a pic of it when it happened, I was busy glueing it together.lol.

but it's up and grown now.

Share this post


Link to post
Lugmos12
49 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I didn't take a pic of it when it happened, I was busy glueing it together.lol.

but it's up and grown now.

I mean a picture of it now 

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79

Oh. Lol. 

20170710_220919.jpg

20170704_141846.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Lugmos12

wow i wish lol

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79

Corals are more resilient than ppl think 

 

I've had an almost dead brain (thanks to a peppermint shrimp) survive a cycle and heal during the cycle. I had to take it out of my one tank into a cycling tank.

 

I once purchased a donut coral pretty much down to skeleton, within a month it was growing back.

 

I like buying "savers" and its amazing to watch them come back to life. I have a red acan saver I got for $5 last month, 3 heads. A 4th one just grew.

 

So its very possible for corals to bounce back. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Lugmos12

I need to connect with local reefers to find some frag. I met one but i think he was upset that didn't buy a big haul; made some comment about not many people willing to let someone into their home for $28 :closedeyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Nidilsky

I have a candy cane coral that I got for $5. The guy at the LFS said it wouldnt make it. One head died the rest are doing great.

+1 resilient corals

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Nidilsky

I told the guy that my water quality was much better than what they had.B)

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79
2 hours ago, Lugmos12 said:

I need to connect with local reefers to find some frag. I met one but i think he was upset that didn't buy a big haul; made some comment about not many people willing to let someone into their home for $28 :closedeyes:

That's rude. Just because someone is interested doesn't mean they will purchase anything 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Lugmos12

He had a bunch of tanks with HUGE corals on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
GregEmmitte
10 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Corals are more resilient than ppl think 

 

I've had an almost dead brain (thanks to a peppermint shrimp) survive a cycle and heal during the cycle. I had to take it out of my one tank into a cycling tank.

 

I once purchased a donut coral pretty much down to skeleton, within a month it was growing back.

 

I like buying "savers" and its amazing to watch them come back to life. I have a red acan saver I got for $5 last month, 3 heads. A 4th one just grew.

 

So its very possible for corals to bounce back. 

Yep. My LFS always has sun coral and can never keep it. It's always over priced. I typically wait a few months until his "$250" colony turns into a few $15.00 frags of death, buy them, feed them and watch them grow.

 

This was a dying dendro head. Dendros sell for $25-$35 a head. I got it for $15.00. It's now got roughly 25 heads. Soon enough it'll be a $600 peice. :)

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79

Ya, dendro is expensive here too and most stores don't dedicate the time to them and they go down hill. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...