Coral Vue Hydros

Lugmos12

Alright, so I did some searched and didn't really found something that I found helpful per se. I'm just wondering what kind of setting I should use for a Jebao SW-2 wave maker on 13.5 gallon nano (EVO). I currently have softs corals and 1 SPS in it. I also found out that the stock powerhead is WEAK as f*ck so I'll probably have to upgrade that for more circulation.

thespinningsadhu

I have the same tank. Leave the stock pump as it is good for filtration.  Depending on your rockscape you can take the wavemaker up to the fourth light. You're just gonna have to play with placement of the powerhead, the strength, and the wavelength. I have the Jebao, also. Between the Jebao and the stock pump there 10 times more circulation than you need. 

8 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

I have the same tank. Leave the stock pump as it is good for filtration.  Depending on your rockscape you can take the wavemaker up to the fourth light. You're just gonna have to play with placement of the powerhead, the strength, and the wavelength. I have the Jebao, also. Between the Jebao and the stock pump there 10 times more circulation than you need. 

@thespinningsadhu What do you mean the fourth light?

thespinningsadhu

You know how you can click the button and up the speed and each speed there is an additional green light lit? That. 

14 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

You know how you can click the button and up the speed and each speed there is an additional green light lit? That. 

ohhh you mean on the wavemaker. I have it on W1 speed 3 and about 3/4 to the right int the fast/slow dial.

• Like 1

I have 1 in my 15g.

Mine is set on w1 and speed 3 (3 green lights)

I can't use any other mode as my corals get pulled from the sand bed.

You really have to play with the settings the speed, the movement type, and how fast the impeller changes because each tank is different. The shape, rockwork, and corals will effect the flow.