Pod Your Reef

MockandRoll's Reefer 170 - 1 Month After Moving

MockandRoll

MockandRoll

I am a new member and have been checking out some awesome tanks on NR.  I finally have some free time so I thought I would share my mixed Reefer 170. It has been wet since Oct 2016. This is my second reef tank. My first was a 90g that was up for 2 years before I had to move.  The one big modification I made was using a Seaswirl return with attached powerhead.  Lights: Radion and 4 T5s. Flow: 3 jabeo PP4s.  I started adding SPS about two months ago. I have 2 fish (well maybe), a mandarin I have had since Feb. and a gold assessor that I added two weeks ago and have not seen since. I will follow with my filtration later. Enough with the typing, here are 6 MBs of pics.

20170726_171504-01.jpeg

20170726_171513-01.jpeg

• Like 6
MockandRoll
12 minutes ago, Indiana Reefin said:

Nice tank!! I really like your aquascape! 

Thanks. I took my time with it. The rock is from my previous tank and I used mostly E-Marco for mortar. I have recently attached new rock using superglue.  

MockandRoll
42 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Very nice!  I really like the skinny arch.  What kind of sand is that?

I first put down fiji pink and ran the pumps for a few days.  After sand spread out away from the front corners I put down a layer of crushed coral to stop sand storms.  

• Like 1
MockandRoll
8 hours ago, Legendary Corals said:

Welcome to Nano-Reef, it's a great forum. That sure is a lot of flow in the tank, I'm sure the corals appreciate it.

I am hoping strong random flow helps with growth. The corals I got from y'all a few weeks ago are doing great!

20170727_084528-01.jpeg

• Like 1
MockandRoll
2 hours ago, Legendary Corals said:

I didn't even realize you were a customer! Now I get to see all of the corals grow. :)

Yep. Your Gonzo favia is right up front.

20170726_194123-01.jpeg

• Like 2
MockandRoll
22 hours ago, Indiana Reefin said:

That gonzo is amazing! Where did you get it? 

Legendary corals. 

22 hours ago, TILTON said:

Nice tank!!

Thanks. I am really enjoying it. 

MockandRoll
1 hour ago, SantaMonicaHelp said:

Wow!! This fish is amazing!

20170708_153322-02.jpeg

How old is it?

-Paola

I got him in Feb. He had been slowly losing weight. I added the Paul B Mandarin feeder this past month and I think he might finally be gaining some weight back. Hopefully I can keep him long-term. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick tank update. I have been getting ready for a 10 day vacation. We leave this Wed. and come back on Friday of the following week.  I am nervous but I think the tank is on autopilot besides feeding. I feed frozen foods.  My neighbor is coming over every 2 days to feed the tank and check alk. He is a senior in high school and I have watched him do 3 successful alk tests. All food will be premeasured and I have set up a switch that will turn on a 20 minute feed time.  He has to feed the tank, test alk and then message me the result so I can modify the dosing pumps.  This is important because pH will rise with the house empty and thus so will consumption.  I also have three cameras setup, 1 in sump and two for display along with the apex monitoring all outputs and inputs.  Enough of the rambling, here are some pics.

20170813_204909-01-01

20170813_204520-01

20170813_204414-01

20170809_200359-01

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Indiana Reefin said:

Drool. 

I want all your corals! 

Those flower anemones are insane! 

Thanks. I am trying to get a variety of color. The RFAs definitely glow under the blues.