Coral Vue Hydros

Over the edge

cbort

Originally I wanted to wait until this winter to start a build due to the summer and fall months my family and I like to spend as much time outdoors as possible. I have had my eye on a Marineland 150DD for sale locally that I intended on purchasing and stashing in storage until late fall as my future build. But as soon as this came available, I had to jump on it. A Zeroedge has always been something I have wanted to try, so with that said, here we go.... :wub:

IMG_1309.thumb.PNG.c14819bce7e7a524912bccb502f924d5.PNG

IMG_1308.thumb.PNG.ff373f1d1f65ed9aa14cc0e7eb2c0668.PNG

Equipment for this "Over the Edge" build will be as follows:

-Zeroedge 14g 20"x20"x8" shallow cube

-Custom built stand by myself utilizing "Cement" --Follow along for the build!

-Apex Gold

-Apex DOS --Automatic Water Changes

-Apex Top off feeding Kalk 

-Avast Marine Kalk Stirrer

-Aqua Illumination Prime with Hanging Kit

-Reef Octopus 7000 Water Blaster Return Pump

-Coral Box D500 Skimmer

-40g Custom Sump with large refugium for planty of live rock and macro

Stocking for this "Over the Edge" build will be as follows:

-Minimal Live Rock hiding return plumbing

-GSP covering the trough area

-LPS --Super Bright Only

-Zoas --Super Bright Only

-Small fish such as Firefish, Dartfish, possibly a pair of designer clowns

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, cbort said:

Just picked up this gem. Always wanted one, and couldn't resist. Was going to wait until winter to start a build, but I'm feeling the "itch" again!B5FCC1E2-D302-4027-B421-1B3A246FC545.thumb.JPG.58409a93173ea0d8b07041f534cab371.JPG

91F96C2D-641E-4772-A639-086D5A4181CB.thumb.JPG.41f0ad12dc1d513c8045bd5b1b7aca8e.JPG

Very cool. Definitely interested to see that thing running! 

16 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Very cool. Definitely interested to see that thing running! 

Thanks! 

14 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Very cool! How big is it?

Thanks, it's 20x20x8T with the trough it measures about 24x24x8T. So about 14g. 

• Like 1

Looks neat!  Nano-Reef member schgr.cube is planning a hidden equipment build that shares similarities with this so you might want to check it out!

26 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Looks neat!  Nano-Reef member schgr.cube is planning a hidden equipment build that shares similarities with this so you might want to check it out!

Thanks Lula_Mae! I will check it out for sure!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
So, keeping on the "Over the Edge" theme of this thread, here is part II of the setup:

I will be picking up this large display tank this weekend
-10' x 1' x 3'T
-Concave 225g display

IMG_1501.JPG

IMG_1514.JPEG

• Like 3
1 hour ago, cbort said:
So, keeping on the "Over the Edge" theme of this thread, here is part II of the setup:

I will be picking up this large display tank this weekend
-10' x 3' x 1'
-Concave 225g display

IMG_1501.JPG

IMG_1514.JPEG

:eek: Whoah.....

Another quick shot to show the scale of the size compared to my wife and son

IMG_0080.JPG

And finally 1 more shot of the "Big Curve" safe and at home in the garage on dollies. Construction pictures on the stands for both tanks to come soon!

IMG_9690.JPG

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Unique tanks! What are your plans for The Big Curve? Aquascaping seems the biggest challenge. Fish will love that 10 foot run though!

Thanks Tamberav! Aquascaping the "Big Curve" is going to be a lot of fun! The biggest challenge I see is going to be a positive in my opinion. Since the tank is only 12" front to back, the only directions the rock work can go is up and left or right, which simply means less rock will go further. I do plan to have lots of open space, but also want some nice sized structures. Should be a lot of fun!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Came across a deal too good to pass up. Local reefer was getting out of the hobby and decided to sell off his Elos 120 setup along with tons of equipment including 2 MP40qd brand new units all for a low low price of cheap. So with that, my hoard of tanks grew by 1 more! ?

fullsizeoutput_305.thumb.jpeg.efce71ce381781339926f183e55502e5.jpeg

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, cbort said:

Came across a deal too good to pass up. Local reefer was getting out of the hobby and decided to sell off his Elos 120 setup along with tons of equipment including 2 MP40qd brand new units all for a low low price of cheap. So with that, my hoard of tanks grew by 1 more! ?

IMG_1814.JPG

You didn't happen to just pick this up from Codey from the Greater Iowa Reef Society did ya?